Author Topic: U.S. intelligence officials confirm Syrian military discussed bloody chemical attack beforehand: report  (Read 491 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

BY
Chris Sommerfeldt
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Updated: Thursday, April 13, 2017, 12:00 AM

U.S. intelligence officials have intercepted communications that feature Syrian soldiers preparing for last week's deadly chemical attack, according to a report.

The Syrian government forces were caught on the intercepts consulting chemical experts just hours before the atrocious assault last Tuesday, a senior U.S. official told CNN.

The official stressed that the intelligence community was not aware of the attack before it happened, noting that the U.S. intercepts such massive quantities of communications in Syria that they can't immediately be processed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/u-s-confirms-syrian-military-discussed-bloody-chemical-attack-article-1.3050101
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
I wonder if Tillerson shared this with Vlad?

And, I also wonder if that intel is solid and accurate. That last wonder bothers me a lot and is a direct consequence of obama's depredations.

Offline Suppressed

Does Trump believe intelligence officials this week or not?  I can't keep track.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline LonestarDream

I wonder if Tillerson shared this with Vlad?

And, I also wonder if that intel is solid and accurate. That last wonder bothers me a lot and is a direct consequence of obama's depredations.

@don-o well why didnt they just say so.?
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Does Trump believe intelligence officials this week or not?  I can't keep track.

That was my first thought too.

The problem with intell even at the best of times is the fact that its open to interpretation. Assad knows we're listening and we're not going to hear "Hey, let's use these chemical weapons on those people over there".

Offline LonestarDream

(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Analysts identify #SyriaHoax as Russian-fueled propaganda
    By Brian Ross    MEGAN CHRISTIE    James Gordon Meek

As Syrian president Bashar al-Assad called videos of last week’s chemical attack a “fabrication,” a piece of propaganda promoted by a Russian cyber operation and bearing the hashtag #SyriaHoax has gained traction in the United States, analysts tell ABC News.

Following the chemical weapons attack that killed dozens of civilians on Tuesday, Al-Masdar News, a pro-Assad website based in Beirut, published claims that "something is not adding up in [the] Idlib chemical weapons attack." Its author cited "holes" in the accounts provided by the "Al-Qaeda affiliated" White Helmets leading to the conclusion that "this is another false chemical attack allegation made against the government."

That hoax story was promoted by a network of Russian social media accounts and ultimately picked up by popular alt-right personalities in the United States, including Mike Cernovich, one of the leading voices in the debunked 'Pizzagate' conspiracy theory. Cernovich popularized its new hashtag -- #SyriaHoax -- and sent it soaring through cyberspace. According to Trends24, within hours of the retaliatory missile strike President Donald Trump launched on Thursday night, #SyriaHoax was the No. 1 trending Twitter topic in the United States.

Continued: http://abcnews.go.com/International/analysts-identify-syriahoax-russian-fueled-propaganda/story?id=46787674

Medved took after Alex Jones the other day and his Sandy Hook conspiracy, how vile folks like Jones and Cernovich are.