Author Topic: Breaking - #DPRK has apparently placed a nuclear device in a tunnel...  (Read 1623 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Just a tweet so far from a verified journalist with pretty decent credentials. Looking for more information.

Offline ABX

Offline ABX

Wingnut

Cool stuff.   I love watching a big bang in the morning.

Offline Victoria33

@Maj. Bill Martin

For your information.

geronl

If they set it off, just flatten NK

Offline Mom MD

The little nutcase has just evacuated Pyongyang...  This is getting serious
God is still in control

geronl

The tunnel is not necessarily under the border.

It could be an underground nuclear test. AT least we'd all hope so.

geronl

foreign journalists were being woke up and placed on buses about 5 hours ago

geronl

Paul D
(@Paulmd199)
Reports of an evacuation of #pyongyang are exaggerated. But something interesting is happening with reporters.

geronl

Re: Breaking - #DPRK has apparently placed a nuclear device in a tunnel...
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2017, 02:09:24 am »
The little nutcase has just evacuated Pyongyang...  This is getting serious

The order to evacuate only applied to 25% of them apparently.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2017, 02:09:52 am »

Lets hope the reports are exaggerated.  China is definitely moving major troops to the border with NK.  I guess the question is are they to support fat boy, saber rattle, or are they really ready to smack down their lap dog?
God is still in control

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2017, 02:10:23 am »
The order to evacuate only applied to 25% of them apparently.

The 25% that actually have the means to leave?
God is still in control

Offline corbe

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2017, 02:11:53 am »

China 'SCRAMBLES 25,000 extra troops to North Korea' & puts country on 'NATIONWIDE ALERT'

CHINA has scrambled another 25,000 troops to be militarised along the North Korean border as the country is put on ‘nationwide alert’ amid heightened tensions between the hermit state and the West, according to reports.

By Charlie Bayliss

PUBLISHED:  01:32, Thu, Apr 13, 2017    | UPDATED: 02:29, Thu, Apr 13, 2017 

China has reportedly set 25,000 troops along the North Korean border

All five regions military regions from China have been ordered by Beijing to maintain readiness for the possibility of conflict along their border with Kim Jong-un’s kingdom, according to UPI.

China’s armoured and mechanised infantry brigades in the Shandong, Zhejiang and Yunnan provinces have been given the go-ahead.
The troops being deployed from China to the Korean peninsula are from the 47th group army of the Ninth Armoured Brigade, the Information Centre for Human Rights and Democracy.

China has already sent 150,000 troops to the North Korean border on Sunday, Taiwan’s China Post has claimed.

USS Carl Vinson was deployed near the Korean peninsula in the past few days

It comes after the US and South Korea conducted joint military exercises around the peninsula.

USS Carl Vinson’s strike group has been deployed to the Korean peninsula in a show of force towards Pyongyang after the hermit nation has carried out a series of provocative missile launches and nuclear tests.

Chinese president Xi Jinping begged Donald Trump to pursue a peaceful resolution to the meltdown in the crisis during a phone call between the pair.

Donald Trump has said he is willing to deal with North Korea unilaterally

We have no comment at this time but we will be watching closely

Despite the pleas, North Korea looks to set to detonate a nuclear device this week, according to the Voice of America.

The device is expected to set off the device on Saturday.

A National Security Council official said: “We have no comment at this time but we will be watching closely.”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/791311/china-25000-troops-north-korean-border-kim-jong-un-donald-trump-xi-jinping
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

geronl

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2017, 02:12:38 am »
The 25% that actually have the means to leave?

When the NK government orders something, it doesn't care if one has the means or not.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2017, 02:12:45 am »
Lets hope the reports are exaggerated.  China is definitely moving major troops to the border with NK.  I guess the question is are they to support fat boy, saber rattle, or are they really ready to smack down their lap dog?

Why those troops are there are, for me, up to speculation. I did hear it said they were there to block the North Koreans who likely would be fleeing the country and then, of all things, Hannity said the same thing on his show yesterday.  So, as a border control maybe(?).

Offline TomSea

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2017, 02:17:08 am »
The 600,000 may be the 25%; I would have thought Pyongyang is bigger but anyway:

Although the North Korean officials gave no indication of what will even happen tomorrow, there are also reports appearing in South Korean newspapers that Kim Jung Un ordered the immediate evacuation of 600,000 people from Pyongyang. According to news reports, Pyongyang residents are quickly departing the city to take up residence in farm areas and forests. 

The unconfirmed evacuation of 600,000 residents was reported at the same time Chinese social media sites had postings from users who reported seeing Chinese PLA soldiers and military equipment moving toward the North Korean border. Various Asian news sources reported that China has redeployed 150,000 soldiers anticipating that President Trump plans to attack North Korea soon. 
- See more at: http://www.trunews.com/article/rick-wiles-has-deal-to-been-stuck-to-topple-north-korea#sthash.JfY8MbzN.dpuf

I thought I heard the 600,000 were the "non-elites".

If China actually mobilized these many soldiers, maybe it's besides the point but that must be costly. Surely all of this can be monitored.

geronl

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2017, 02:23:55 am »
The 600,000 may be the 25%; I would have thought Pyongyang is bigger but anyway:

Only the trusted class are even considered for residency in Pyongyang. If your great-grandmother was Japanese, you aren't getting in. If your grandparents were Japanese-born Koreans - you ain't getting in. You also won't get the good jobs or promotions you deserve.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2017, 02:30:55 am »
I sure China has better intelligence on this goofy mf despot than anyone else.  If the punk decides lighting nukes like fire crackers, I'm sure the Chicoms are going to have to seal the border from refugees.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2017, 02:37:22 am »

Sounds like some serious saber-rattling by the Chinese.

Realistically, the best case scenario here is that combined U.S./Chinese saber-rattling and economic warfare is enough to convince some NK generals to do what must be done.  If this is freaking out some NK generals...who knows?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 02:38:28 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Wingnut

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2017, 02:54:20 am »
On the bright side for the Pyongyangians... there won't be much of a traffic jam the evacuation.  Unless push carts and oxen can constitute a traffic jam?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2017, 02:55:23 am »
Kim Jong-Un ‘orders IMMEDIATE EVACUATION of Pyongyang’ as tensions with US escalate
Daily Express/UK, Apr 12, 2017, Sofia Petkar

Reports in Russian newspaper Pravda Report claim more than 600,000 people - around 25 per cent of the city’s population - are being urgently evacuated, as tensions escalate between North Korea and the United States.

According to South Korean media, residents in the kingdom have said goodbye to each other, sparking concerns the tyrannical leader could be about to act after months of nuclear weapon testing.

Foreign reporters have been told to prepare for a “big and important event" on North Korea's biggest national celebration, called ‘Day of the Sun’.

A tweet from Channel NewsAsia’s Beijing Correspondent Jeremy Koh said: “We’ve been told to be ready to move out at 6.20am, but no idea why. Also, no cell phones allowed.”

More than 200 foreign journalists are in Pyongyang as the country marks the 105th birthday of its founding president Kim Il Sung on April 15.

Officials in North Korea have already warned nuclear war could break out at any minute thanks to the "extremely tense" situation on the Korean Peninsula.

The US sent a navy strike group towards the Western Pacific in a show of force, with North Korea retorting with warnings of a nuclear attack in retaliation to any show of aggression.

More:  http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/791251/kim-jong-un-north-korea-imminent-war-pyongyang-immediate-evacuation

Offline TomSea

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2017, 02:58:37 am »
This isn't on a critical note but is it not interesting that all of these news reports virtually come from UK websites??

Express, the Sun, Daily Mail. Strange.  And no, I'm not saying there is something sinister about it either.

Wingnut

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2017, 03:05:13 am »
This isn't on a critical note but is it not interesting that all of these news reports virtually come from UK websites??

Express, the Sun, Daily Mail. Strange.  And no, I'm not saying there is something sinister about it either.

The source Pravda, is feeding them the "News".  So everyone should take any of this shit with a huge grain of salt. 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2017, 04:26:53 am »
This from Malaysia:

N. Korea leader oversees special forces op as tensions soar - See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/world/article/n.-korea-leader-oversees-special-forces-op-as-tensions-soar#sthash.g5gkXk6x.dpuf

No mention of nukes or evacuations.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink