Author Topic: Trump On Fast Track To Outspend Obama’s Entire Travel Tab In A Single Year  (Read 1816 times)

Offline skeeter

No, darnit, the 4-legged one, not the silverback.

Dang!

Offline DiogenesLamp

04/11/2017 04:03 am ET |

After racking up an estimated $22 million travel tab in less than three months, Donald Trump is well on his way to spending more in a single year than Barack Obama spent on travel during all eight years of his presidency.

Huffpo garbage.   Obama spent something like a billion dollars on that one trip to India.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Something doesn't seem right here. I remember reading estimates that the Obama family's tour of Africa in 2013 alone ran from between 50 and 100 million dollars.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obamas-trip-to-africa-poses-special-challenges-enormous-costs/2013/06/13/29d9270a-cd29-11e2-8845-d970ccb04497_story.html?hpid=z3&utm_term=.cf74d350cafc

This is absolutely correct.  Obungo bastard spent more on vacations than all former Presidents put together,  because he is at heart an idiot grifter who found a sucker in the taxpayers. 

I recall reading that his entourage cost about a billion dollars just to do that one trip to India early in his Presidency.   

More lying news from liberal propaganda agents at that "fake news"  source called HuffPo. 

Everything they write ought to be treated as absolute garbage until proven otherwise. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1325990/Obamas-200m-day-India-visit-picked-US-taxpayers.html

That was a state visit, not a vacation. See the Judicial Watch link upthread for a post Obama presidency analysis of actual billed numbers.

Offline Frank Cannon

There are some elements that may explain it. For example, most of Obama's golf trips were at places like the course at Andrews Air Force Base, which probably cost a small fraction of what Trump's resorts cost. In that line, much of the cost difference may be due to how much Trump's resorts are being charged to the government versus Obama had the propensity to stay at donor's vacation homes, probably not charged. http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/11/obama-stays-at-private-equity-gurus-7-6-million-marthas-vineyard-house/   (our side made a big deal of it at the time because of the expected quid pro quo).

Also remember during the campaign, FEC filings show Trump was charging his campaign out of the ass for rent on his own property, even his own office. He probably has continue to jack up prices that are billed to the government.

That makes sense and if true, very unseemly. This nonsense is definitely going to bite him in the ass.

Offline DiogenesLamp

That was a state visit, not a vacation. See the Judicial Watch link upthread for a post Obama presidency analysis of actual billed numbers.

Considering the fact that that low life piece of sh*t never worked a D@mn day in his life,   in real terms it was not even slightly different from a vacation. 

Did Obama need to go to India?  No.   Therefore,  it was a pleasure jaunt under "official"  color. 

If I recall properly,  the lazy thieving bastard rented one of the most expensive hotels in India for the entire duration.  The entire hotel.   

I forget all of the details,  but between all the unnecessary planes,  helicopters,  ships,  and so forth,  it was the most expensive jaunt in American history. 

I was keeping up with it at the time though. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15

Considering the fact that that low life piece of sh*t never worked a D@mn day in his life,   in real terms it was not even slightly different from a vacation. 

Did Obama need to go to India?  No.   Therefore,  it was a pleasure jaunt under "official"  color. 

If I recall properly,  the lazy thieving bastard rented one of the most expensive hotels in India for the entire duration.  The entire hotel.   

I forget all of the details,  but between all the unnecessary planes,  helicopters,  ships,  and so forth,  it was the most expensive jaunt in American history. 

I was keeping up with it at the time though.
I'm guessing they are still counting Trump's time in FL as vacation even when he hosts officials form other countries.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 11:43:52 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline DiogenesLamp

I'm guessing they are still counting Trump's time in FL as vacation even when he hosts officials form other countries.

It is unquestionable that there is a double standard. 

It also occurs to me the real cost of Odumbo's vacation ought to be pegged at 7 trillion dollars or so.   That is how much money that little simpleton cost the taxpayers,  and all he did was play during the entire 8 years. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline skeeter

I'm ok with criticizing Trump for his vacation spending. Sounds like he deserves it.

Just don't do it by comparing Obama favorably to anything. He was nothing but a stone cold disaster in all respects.

Offline Polly Ticks

I'm ok with criticizing Trump for his vacation spending. Sounds like he deserves it.

Just don't do it by comparing Obama favorably to anything. He was nothing but a stone cold disaster in all respects.

goopo
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra