Author Topic: Trump On Fast Track To Outspend Obama’s Entire Travel Tab In A Single Year  (Read 1830 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 04/11/2017 04:03 am ET |

Trump On Fast Track To Outspend Obama’s Entire Travel Tab In A Single Year
He has spent 21 days of his 80-day presidency at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, at an estimated cost of $21.6 million.
By Mary Papenfuss

After racking up an estimated $22 million travel tab in less than three months, Donald Trump is well on his way to spending more in a single year than Barack Obama spent on travel during all eight years of his presidency.

Trump has spent 21 days of his 80-day presidency at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, at an estimated cost of $21.6 million in travel and security expenses, CNN reported. In contrast, Obama spent a total of just under $97 million during his entire presidency, according to costs estimated by Judicial Watch.

more
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-travel-tab-dwarfs-obamas_us_58ec5dbde4b0df7e2044b2fe?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Indefensible for a billionaire to get away with this IMO.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Indefensible for a billionaire to get away with this IMO.

It would be OK for a middle-class kind of person?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
"Conservatives" will be saddled with this legacy for decades.

Online corbe

Like a 'typical snowbird' someone in his Administration defended him by saying once the Heat and Humidity start to rise next month he'll stop going there for awhile. 
   The snowbirds are leaving my area now to make room for the drunk 'wackobirds'.
   It's always fun and the scenery is nice.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Victoria33

I knew he would keep up his millionaire/billionaire lifestyle and we would pay for it, including his whole family - a family dynasty.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That tab must not have included the Mooch and her entourage. I would think the SS would have a separate vehicle facility near/at Mar-a-lago by now, so that part shouldn't be as expensive. As for aircraft, what they need and what they take is another matter. Whatever he is on is Air Force 1, Marine 1, etc.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I knew he would keep up his millionaire/billionaire lifestyle and we would pay for it, including his whole family - a family dynasty.

I remember a lot of people passing around a meme during the campaign about Trump 'giving up his billionaire lifestyle to become a public servant' and I almost laughed. He wasn't giving up his lifestyle, he was having taxpayers subsidize it.

Offline Smokin Joe

I remember a lot of people passing around a meme during the campaign about Trump 'giving up his billionaire lifestyle to become a public servant' and I almost laughed. He wasn't giving up his lifestyle, he was having taxpayers subsidize it.
Who owns the facilities?  :whistle:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Oh but he's donating his presidential salary to charity.  :silly:

Offline skeeter

Something doesn't seem right here. I remember reading estimates that the Obama family's tour of Africa in 2013 alone ran from between 50 and 100 million dollars.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obamas-trip-to-africa-poses-special-challenges-enormous-costs/2013/06/13/29d9270a-cd29-11e2-8845-d970ccb04497_story.html?hpid=z3&utm_term=.cf74d350cafc
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 08:48:58 pm by skeeter »

Offline skeeter

Never mind. I just noticed the source.

Offline endicom

Something doesn't seem right here.

Nothing here seems right.

Offline ABX

Never mind. I just noticed the source.

Conservative site Judicial Watch is the original source of the numbers for Obama's travel costs.
http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/judicial-watch-new-obama-travel-costs-bring-eight-year-total-96-million/

If Trump spent $21 Million in 3 months, then yes, he is on track to exceed Obama's $96 Million in one year.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 09:00:36 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Frank Cannon

These numbers don't add up. Obama spent almost 100 million on travel and he took far more elaborate trips than Donny. How are trips to the same location that is fairly secure to begin with outpace Martha's Vineyard, Chicago and Hawaii?

Either way, I think it is good he is getting called out on all these trips to FL. He has a govt' provided residence to conduct business. I don't give a shit if there isn't a golf course.

Offline ABX

These numbers don't add up. Obama spent almost 100 million on travel and he took far more elaborate trips than Donny. How are trips to the same location that is fairly secure to begin with outpace Martha's Vineyard, Chicago and Hawaii?

Either way, I think it is good he is getting called out on all these trips to FL. He has a govt' provided residence to conduct business. I don't give a shit if there isn't a golf course.

There are some elements that may explain it. For example, most of Obama's golf trips were at places like the course at Andrews Air Force Base, which probably cost a small fraction of what Trump's resorts cost. In that line, much of the cost difference may be due to how much Trump's resorts are being charged to the government versus Obama had the propensity to stay at donor's vacation homes, probably not charged. http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/11/obama-stays-at-private-equity-gurus-7-6-million-marthas-vineyard-house/   (our side made a big deal of it at the time because of the expected quid pro quo).

Also remember during the campaign, FEC filings show Trump was charging his campaign out of the ass for rent on his own property, even his own office. He probably has continue to jack up prices that are billed to the government.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 09:17:24 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline skeeter

Conservative site Judicial Watch is the original source of the numbers for Obama's travel costs.
http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/judicial-watch-new-obama-travel-costs-bring-eight-year-total-96-million/

If Trump spent $21 Million in 3 months, then yes, he is on track to exceed Obama's $96 Million in one year.

How would that square with Obama's spending from between 50 and 100 million on a single trip to Africa?

Offline ABX

How would that square with Obama's spending from between 50 and 100 million on a single trip to Africa?

I would trust Judicial Watch's final analysis of the actual government record over the Washington Post's guesstimate of what it could cost.  (ie. WP's article discusses what it 'could' cost before the fact, Judicial Watch checked what it actually cost after all the numbers were in)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 09:43:00 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline skeeter

I would trust Judicial Watch's final analysis of the actual government record over the Washington Post's guesstimate of what it could cost.

Doesn't pass the giggle test - the discrepancy between the figures is too great. I suspect they may be comparing apples and oranges here.

Offline ABX

Doesn't pass the giggle test - the discrepancy between the figures is too great. I suspect they may be comparing apples and oranges here.

I amended the post while you were typing.

The Washington Post article you cited, and many used for that number, was written before the trip and for all intents and purposes, was a guess. They weren't using real numbers as the event didn't even happen yet.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
There has got to be. Obama used to fly his dog around on a separate flight for crying out loud.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
There has got to be. Obama used to fly his dog around on a separate flight for crying out loud.

And, his wife.

Offline ABX

And, his wife.

That's what he meant...  :smokin:
:)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Smokin Joe

That's what he meant...  :smokin:
:)
No, darnit, the 4-legged one, not the silverback.

C S Lewis