Author Topic: Now That She’s ‘Presidential,’ Nikki Haley Better Watch Her Back  (Read 6025 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Now That She’s ‘Presidential,’ Nikki Haley Better Watch Her Back
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2017, 01:49:01 pm »
Those trashing confederate history and symbolism are only holding the door open to trash all American military history and symbolism.

Yep. They've already started going after Thomas Jefferson, Washington, Madison... all slave owners. First they'll come for the Confederate flags, then they'll come for the slave owners, then Jim Crowe Southerner will be destroyed, etc. etc.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2017, 01:49:46 pm »
It's as Rush said, the Confederate Flag is the Legacy of Democrats, it's no concern to Republicans like Nikki. Well done Nikki.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2017, 01:52:18 pm »
It's as Rush said, the Confederate Flag is the Legacy of Democrats, it's no concern to Republicans like Nikki. Well done Nikki.

As someone who had ancestors who fought for the CSA, I agree, Well done Nikki.. Well done..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2017, 01:53:14 pm »
RUSH LIMBAUGH?

You mean the same Rush Limbaugh who has been up Trump's rectum so long that there is a permanent brown ring around his neck?

Yeah I really give sh__ what this conservative sell-out  thinks.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 01:55:42 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2017, 01:55:45 pm »
You mean the Rush Limbaugh who has been up Trump's rectum so long that there is a permanent brown ring around his neck?

Yeah I really give sh__ what this conservative sell-out  thinks.

000hehehehe

Threats, telling women to go to hell on the basis of disagreeing. Yeah, boy, you really showin' us.  Vulgar talk.

The Cruzers or Former Cruzers are showing what Non-Christian behavior is.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 01:56:54 pm by TomSea »

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2017, 02:01:45 pm »
000hehehehe

Threats, telling women to go to hell on the basis of disagreeing. Yeah, boy, you really showin' us.  Vulgar talk.

The Cruzers or Former Cruzers are showing what Non-Christian behavior is.

Sorry, I forgot hyperbolic expression was beyond your level of intelligence.  It won't happen again.

Sadly, Pseudo-consevatives like you are why we are losing the cultural war.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2017, 02:02:30 pm »

As someone who had ancestors who fought for the CSA, I agree, Well done Nikki.. Well done..

SCREW Nikki Haley... Yet another 'Republican' I wouldn't vote for. Not in a million years. *SPIT*

Offline TomSea

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2017, 02:06:15 pm »
Sorry, I forgot hyperbolic expression was beyond your level of intelligence.  It won't happen again.

Sadly, Pseudo-consevatives like you are why we are losing the cultural war.

All you've got is personal attacks and vulgarizing Conservatives like Haley or Limbaugh, Limbaugh who endorsed Ted Cruz, Ted Cruz has appeared on Limbaugh's show.

Better to be that pseudo than a total phony.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2017, 02:06:55 pm »
SCREW Nikki Haley... Yet another 'Republican' I wouldn't vote for. Not in a million years. *SPIT*

Why not? What's wrong with her?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2017, 02:07:09 pm »
Those trashing confederate history and symbolism are only holding the door open to trash all American military history and symbolism.

You're a circus clown. Native American culture used the Swastika. They called it the "Whirling Log". You telling me that people who don't want the symbol used anymore are trying to subvert American history?

The rebel flag is the flag symbolizing losers. Why anyone would want to celebrate being a loser is beyond me.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2017, 02:09:31 pm »
There's no politician we agree with all of the time.

Well done to Nikki, figures the Neo-Confederates and others of that ilk won't like what she did. Like to see them be elected to the governorship of the Palmetto state.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2017, 02:09:56 pm »
All you've got is personal attacks a

Personal attacks?

Coming form the guy who was quoted here at TBR as saying that those who don't support Trump were allies of alQaeda and ISIS?

The ultimate of irony.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2017, 02:17:38 pm »

The rebel flag is the flag symbolizing losers. Why anyone would want to celebrate being a loser is beyond me.

Yes the south lost, and that was a good thing.  When you realize that the south lasted 4 years with  significantly  less resources at ever angle.........  well,  it is a testament to the talents, bravery, and fortitude of those who fought.

Those who fought at the Alamo lost that battle.  But you don't hear many people call them losers here in Texas.

It's those three traits mentioned earlier that we honor,  Not process of losing.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2017, 02:19:37 pm »
Why not? What's wrong with her?

NEOCON just like her daddy. That particular apple didn't fall far from the horse.

Taking down that Rebel Flag was the final straw. She won't get the time of day from me, not to mention my vote.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2017, 02:20:24 pm »
OTOH, I have real issues with BLM, but you don't see a concerted effort to destroy their symbolism, efforts, or existence.

I see conservatives objecting all the time to the flying of "issue" flags like the rainbow flag from public buildings.

The CBF means much more than slavery. (which was an aberration)

Of course it does -- I wouldn't dispute that.  I think the vast majority of southerners who support flying the confederate flag are not racists, and do it for reasons of heritage.  But at the same time, I couldn't find fault if a black Americans is offended by that flag, because defending slavery was a significant part of what the Confederacy stood for.  So I really don't have a problem with the flag being displayed in the specific context of honoring the war veterans, etc..  But I don't think it belongs on current government buildings.  It's up to the folks of each state, obviously, but since we're discussing Haley....

So saying the flag "implicitly" honors the cause is simply not true.  If the cause you cite is slavery.

My point is that the flag implicitly honors "the cause", whatever that is/was.  Now to you, "the cause" was all those other things you mentioned.  To some other South Carolinians, particularly some who are black, it may well represent an attempt to keep them in bondage.  Both perspectives have merit depending on your POV.

Now, I can understand why her decision ticked off some southerners.  I can also understand why some other southerners supported her decision, and her doing that certainly doesn't make me, as an Ohioan, less (or more) likely to support her.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2017, 02:22:10 pm »
NEOCON just like her daddy. That particular apple didn't fall far from the horse.

Taking down that Rebel Flag was the final straw. She won't get the time of day from me, not to mention my vote.

Okay, and as Rush said, the Confederate Flag is the legacy of Democrats. So enjoy it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2017, 02:25:12 pm »
Okay, and as Rush said, the Confederate Flag is the legacy of Democrats. So enjoy it.

Rush is no authority - That you cite him as an historian is buffoonery.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2017, 02:27:41 pm »
Be nice to get back to the original article.

Is she doing a good job at the UN. Is she doing too good a job at the UN? Is Trump really going to feel threatened by being proved right in his pick?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline jpsb

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2017, 02:32:14 pm »

OMG you finally said something I completely agree with. Tuesday April 11, 9:30 am local time.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2017, 02:38:06 pm »
Yes the south lost, and that was a good thing.  When you realize that the south lasted 4 years with  significantly  less resources at ever angle.........  well,  it is a testament to the talents, bravery, and fortitude of those who fought.

No. It's a testament to their stupidity to get into a war ill prepared. Andersonville pretty much encapsulates how unready the South was for any sort of military action.

As for the Alamo, that was just a catalyst for what ended up being an independent Texas. Santa Anna was eventually captured at the Battle of San Jacinto. Ft Sumter was the first battle of the Civil War where the South won. That outcome doesn't really effect how the war ended.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2017, 02:41:48 pm »
Be nice to get back to the original article.

Is she doing a good job at the UN. Is she doing too good a job at the UN? Is Trump really going to feel threatened by being proved right in his pick?

I think she's doing a good job -- honestly did not know she had this kind of fight in her.  Doesn't have quite as acerbic a manner as Kirkpatrick, which I would prefer, but I like the fact that she's not taking any crap.  And I really don't think it will bother Trump at all -- I actually think he'll probably enjoy hearing about what a wonderful pick he made.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2017, 02:43:59 pm »
No. It's a testament to their stupidity to get into a war ill prepared. Andersonville pretty much encapsulates how unready the South was for any sort of military action.

Well, Bull Run, Ball's Bluff, and Camp Douglas in Chicago pretty much encapsulates how unready the North was as well.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2017, 02:46:22 pm »

Those who fought at the Alamo lost that battle.  But you don't hear many people call them losers here in Texas.

Well, yes, but that's because we came back to win at San Jacinto.  The Alamo was one battle; San Jacinto won the war.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2017, 02:48:18 pm »
@Cripplecreek

I kind of unfairly overlooked that particular statement, which I think does have some merit.  There really is an effort by the left to build off the opposition to the confederate flag, and trash everyone who fought for the South, the Founders, and for some, and even white people in general.

So I do think we have to be vigilant against extending the opposition to that particular flag flying from a state capital, to all those other parts of our history that the left is trying to trash.  And that includes trashing of all confederate generals.

To me, there's a pretty big difference between honoring Lee, and honoring Jeff Davis.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2017, 02:48:29 pm »
If you ever play Civilization or any 4x game or even RTS...

The side that is disadvantage economically is bound to lose. Only a matter of time. After the initial opening, the South was bound to lose.