Author Topic: Now That She’s ‘Presidential,’ Nikki Haley Better Watch Her Back  (Read 6032 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
After a week of reports of deepening factionalism inside the White House, there were murmurs Friday that both Steve Bannon and Reince Priebus may be on the chopping block—Bannon because he’s commanding too much of the spotlight.

And that means UN Ambassador Nikki Haley, the administration’s newest rising star, may want to watch out. Trump, of course, hates being out-shined by people in his own orbit. With her profile rising, she could be next on Trump’s hit list.

The drama started earlier this week, when the Trump Administration announced Bannon had been removed from the National Security Council in favor of the Director of National Intelligence and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Bannon played it off as his own decision, but it later emerged that he’d thrown a fit over the change, threatening to quit the administration in protest over his demotion.

Although Bannon blames Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner for his troubles, it seems they all started with the “President Bannon” meme that suggested Donald Trump wasn’t in control of his own administration. Fearing Bannon was getting too much attention (and credit), Trump reportedly soured on his chief adviser.

That doesn’t bode well for the administration’s UN ambassador and all-around badass Nikki Haley, who has spent her week taking Russia and others to task for tolerating the use of Sarin gas in Syria.

Holding up photos of children killed and wounded in Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s gas attack, she made an emotional plea to the UN Security Council to take action, and accused Russia, directly, of putting Syria’s children in such danger.

As the United States took military action, members of the UN Security Council, including Bolivia, requested an emergency meeting behind closed doors to discuss the destruction of a Syrian air base. Haley again stepped in, like a boss, and forced the UN to open the meeting.

More: https://heatst.com/politics/now-that-shes-presidential-nikki-haley-better-watch-her-back/

Looks like the next target of the Dims has been selected.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

1st generation American who short sidedly went with the PC faction and pressured to ban the Confederate flag, thusly pissing on the heritage of many good SC folks.  She can go to hell.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 11:25:06 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
1st generation American who short sidedly went with the PC faction and pressured to ban the Confederate flag, thusly pissing on the heritage of many good SC folks.  She can go to hell.

Trump said it belongs in a museum but he gets a pass from most on it.

As far as Haley is concerned, she's a perfect example of the right wing hero worship that destroys the best and lands up with the likes of Donald Trump.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Who cares?   I can think of few issues less consequential.   

The GOP has a large well of good young talent, and Haley's one I'm following with interest.  Presidential?   I think she could be.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Trump said it belongs in a museum but he gets a pass from most on it.

Oh I blasted the orange one during the campaign for that comment.  But you are right, he teflons himself out of comment predicaments.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Who cares?   I can think of few issues less consequential.   

Well I hope she pisses on what ever heritage that you have.   Maybe you don't care, and that's too bad because our history defines us, and our values.

Or....Are you one of a continuing growing number of conservatives succumbing to the PC police?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Well I hope she pisses on what ever heritage that you have.   Maybe you don't care, and that's too bad because our history defines us, and our values.

Or....Are you one of a continuing growing number of conservatives succumbing to the PC police?

I'm an American, not a hyphenated-American.    What's PC is to be obsessed with tribalism and identity politics.   

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'm an American, not a hyphenated-American.    What's PC is to be obsessed with tribalism and identity politics.

I fully agree. (turning the table)  And you endorse these hyphenated Americans and their allies being allowed to destroy heritage, just because it doesn't fit their liking?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 12:30:05 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Those trashing confederate history and symbolism are only holding the door open to trash all American military history and symbolism.

In the years following the civil war congress granted confederate veterans and their spouses full and equal status and benefits as any other American military veteran or family member. Its just not that much of a stretch to feel that those same honors and respect would extend to those symbols and statues of the Confederacy.

If we can remove a statue of Robert E Lee, we can just as easily remove The United States Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jima Memorial) and its not going to take a huge shift in public opinion.  We're nearly there now. After all, 30 years ago nobody felt oppressed at the sight of confederate symbolism so there is no reason to do so now.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Those trashing confederate history and symbolism are only holding the door open to trash all American military history and symbolism.

In the years following the civil war congress granted confederate veterans and their spouses full and equal status and benefits as any other American military veteran or family member. Its just not that much of a stretch to feel that those same honors and respect would extend to those symbols and statues of the Confederacy.

If we can remove a statue of Robert E Lee, we can just as easily remove The United States Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jima Memorial) and its not going to take a huge shift in public opinion.  We're nearly there now. After all, 30 years ago nobody felt oppressed at the sight of confederate symbolism so there is no reason to do so now.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Now That She’s ‘Presidential,’ Nikki Haley Better Watch Her Back
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 12:52:21 pm »

I think this goes too far.  Germans gave war benefits to spouses/vets of WWII, but that doesn't mean it's okay to have statues of Hitler or Jodl floating around.  You can honor/respect/support those who fought and were injured without recognizing/supporting the political aspects of the war.

Well, I can certainly understand why black Americans might not feel too fondly about that flag.  And while I personally have no problem honoring military men such a Lee, who fought honorably, I can see why some people aren't keen about the flag that implicitly honors their cause.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2017, 01:00:28 pm »
I fully agree. (turning the table)  And you endorse these hyphenated Americans and their allies being allowed to destroy heritage, just because it doesn't fit their liking?

No one's "destroying heritage".   I do think it is ridiculous to take down a war memorial;  whether it is of General Lee makes no difference.   I agree with you about that.   Military service must ALWAYS be honored.   

But the Confederate flag flying over the modern-day SC houses of government?    That's ridiculous too -  that isn't honoring soldiers, that's honoring a traitorous government that defended slavery. 

So maybe I do care about this issue.    Yeah, Haley made the right call about that rag - even as I agree with you that memorials to Confederate military heritage should be defended.   It's symbols of discredited political regimes that ought not be endorsed by modern-day government.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2017, 01:01:31 pm »
I think this goes too far.  Germans gave war benefits to spouses/vets of WWII, but that doesn't mean it's okay to have statues of Hitler or Jodl floating around.  You can honor/respect/support those who fought and were injured without recognizing/supporting the political aspects of the war.

Well, I can certainly understand why black Americans might not feel too fondly about that flag.  And while I personally have no problem honoring military men such a Lee, who fought honorably, I can see why some people aren't keen about the flag that implicitly honors their cause.

We were posting at the same time, Major Bill.   Props to your perspective - I agree.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2017, 01:04:13 pm »

In reality that flag which a fought a war against the United States deserves to be in the museum or on private property.  NOT ON PUBLIC LAND.  You are speaking to someone who had ancestors who fought for the CSA..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2017, 01:20:50 pm »

OTOH, I have real issues with BLM, but you don't see a concerted effort to destroy their symbolism, efforts, or existence.

The CBF means much more than slavery. (which was an aberration) Do you realize that though estimates differ, that no more than 15% of confederate soldiers ever owned a slave?  That includes  my two ancestors who died in battle during TWBS.  To many, the flag stands for southern tradition, honor, respect for ladies, bravery, and Christian values which are becoming less and less evident in our era.

So saying the flag "implicitly" honors the cause is simply not true.  If the cause you cite is slavery.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2017, 01:26:27 pm »
No one's "destroying heritage".   I do think it is ridiculous to take down a war memorial;  whether it is of General Lee makes no difference.   I agree with you about that.   Military service must ALWAYS be honored.   

PC crowd even tried to dig up a confederate general in Memphis.  Tell me where it will stop.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/11/memphis-city-council-votes-to-dig-up-grave-of-confederate-general-sell-his-statue/

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2017, 01:36:56 pm »
Lose your history, you have nothing. That includes losing the bad bits.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2017, 01:39:04 pm »

Confederate flag is a Democrat thing, no matter how you cut it and that's not a personal thing. Don't expect Republicans to defend it.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2017, 01:40:47 pm »

In reality that flag which a fought a war against the United States deserves to be in the museum or on private property.  NOT ON PUBLIC LAND.  You are speaking to someone who had ancestors who fought for the CSA..
So are you saying that public land is not include any cemetery?  Including those who may want to place small CBF's at their grave site?  I guess you are okay with digging up confederate generals too huh?

At this rate,the historic revisonist will abolish any thought of pre-1865 within 10 years.

I wonder what your ancestors who fought bravely defending their homeland and were then reinstated as citizens would think?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2017, 01:41:53 pm »
WTF??

Why not change the title of the thread to "Let's Once Again Debate the Confederate Flag"?   
 :chairbang:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2017, 01:43:02 pm »
Confederate flag is a Democrat thing, no matter how you cut it and that's not a personal thing. Don't expect Republicans to defend it.

I wish you could read minds, because what I am thinking would get me banned.  Only you would politicize a heritage matter.  Not surprised.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2017, 01:47:54 pm »
WTF??

Why not change the title of the thread to "Let's Once Again Debate the Confederate Flag"?   
 :chairbang:

Hey, I brought up what my defining thought of what this "1st generation" American was about. Shows how much she knows and understands the heritage of her constituency.  Others responded.

If it is a thread hijack, believe me, I'll do my best to hijack her career too.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2017, 01:48:06 pm »
I wish you could read minds, because what I am thinking would get me banned.  Only you would politicize a heritage matter.  Not surprised.
RUSH LIMBAUGH:
The Confederate Flag Is the Legacy of Democrats, Not Republicans!

Jun 22, 2015

Listen to it Button

RUSH: Folks, do you realize the Confederate flag flies because of the Democrat Party? Do people even care anymore about truth, objective truth, ontological certitude?

Do people care about this stuff anymore? Does it matter? Or is truth something so elusive that it’s impossible to achieve because everybody has a bias and somebody’s truth is somebody else’s lie? And if a truth is a lie to somebody then it can’t be the truth? Is this where we are now, facts are irrelevant? The Confederate flag in South Carolina… There’s a man. There’s a name. There’s a reason why that Confederate flag flies over the Statehouse in South Carolina.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/06/22/the_confederate_flag_is_the_legacy_of_democrats_not_republicans/

And Rush has said the same thing, those who disagree with Rush can as you say, Go to Hell.

You are just trying to bully someone around, You never Trumpers as CC too; really just want to quibble with whatever is being anti-Trump and then claim, you all are being Conservatives.

Ted Cruz, yeah, you all support him but never agree with him.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2017, 01:48:25 pm »

It was put up by Fritz Hollings (a Dem) who put it up to protest desegregation..

http://americanpowerblog.blogspot.com/2015/06/democrat-governor-fritz-hollings-first.html