Author Topic: Passengers ‘shaky and so disgusted’ as United forces screaming doctor off a plane  (Read 30311 times)

Offline skeeter

OOPS...

It appears the David Dao who the press pulled the background info on is the wrong David Dao. The criminal records the dumb press found and spread were of Dr. David Anh Duy Dao. The doctor on the plane was David Thanh Duc Dao.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/united-airlines-doctor-david-dao-drugs-gay-sex-court-documents-oscar-munoz-a7680221.html

Oh crap.

Dr Dao's nest egg just got a lot bigger.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
OOPS...

It appears the David Dao who the press pulled the background info on is the wrong David Dao. The criminal records the dumb press found and spread were of Dr. David Anh Duy Dao. The doctor on the plane was David Thanh Duc Dao.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/united-airlines-doctor-david-dao-drugs-gay-sex-court-documents-oscar-munoz-a7680221.html

Looks like Doc Duc Dao is going to get a couple of big checks....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LonestarDream

There were folks on Twitter claiming libel and slander.

Perhaps Dr Dao should contact Melania's Lawyer.  Dr Dao is going to be a Billionaire before this is all over with.

OOPS...

« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 06:22:30 pm by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Yes .  The signalling has been going on for a long time.
So you would go back to early last century and find articles of the govt wanting to break up John D. Rockefeller's Standard Oil to prove the point that 'the signaling has been going on for a long time' on oil monopolies too?

Ridiculous way to make a point.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 06:21:43 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LonestarDream

So you would go back to early last century and find articles of the govt wanting to break up John D. Rockefeller's Standard Oil to prove the point that 'the signaling has been going on for a long time' on oil monopolies too?

Ridiculous way to make a point.

The point is that the article is proof that consolidation HAS happened in the industry.  The big six or seven is now the Big four.

A friend lived in Minneapolis, and then moved to ND.  He still flies NWA, just now with an extra flight and at about half the price.  The same flight now costs much less if he first takes another flight on the same airline?
NWA is still in business?  now that is real news, the ability to fly undercover.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
1.  Remove the pseudo law enforcement status of the airline employees
2.  Remove the government protections from airlines for failing to provide adequate treatment to passengers
3.  Prevent the airlines from hiring govt officials, and prevent govt agencies from hiring airline people
4.  Stop collusion between the airlines and govt regulatory beaucrats
5.  Apply current consumer laws to air travel tickets.   e.g. if you buy a ticket and they don't deliver as promised you get a refund
6.  Accurately track and publicize flight schedule data.   For example if 50% of an airlines flights after 4pm from LaGuardia are significantly delayed or canceled the airline should be required to publicize it to purchasers.

Just a start

What is an airline supposed to do when there is a disruptive passenger?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 06:28:57 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

@thackney

Then you speak from ignorance.   Flying today is a much worse experience then flying even just 4 years ago.

I used to be able to dependably fly to Dallas and be there for an 830am meeting.   

Today that trip takes a day.   Flights are regularly delayed and canceled.   During one period flying from Dulles to Tampa 8 of 10 flights I took were delayed at least 2 hours or canceled.   

My company travels frequently.   In the last year there has not been a single trip (out of about 75) where at least one person did not have flight issues.
that is mostly due to 911 and TSA, not the lack of competition

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
What is an airline supposed to do when there is a disruptive passenger?

Well heck lets just go full police state then comrade.   Then we won't have any problems with pesky civilians.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I'm all for the freemarket but overbooking is a form of fraud IMO.

Well, it would certainly be possible for the government to ban overbooking.  That would mean fewer paying passengers per flight, so airlines would need to charge more per seat to make up the difference in revenues.

If you made it an across the board requirement for all airlines, it probably wouldn't affect them too much because their competitors would all have to do the same.  It would just mean that people would have to pay more to fly.

Offline driftdiver

that is mostly due to 911 and TSA, not the lack of competition

As much as I hate the TSA, they are usually only about 30 minutes of the trip.  Sometimes less if I can get TSA Precheck in which case they are about 5 mins.

No, the so called security rules are a convenient excuse but not the reality.

Offline musiclady

@thackney

Then you speak from ignorance.   Flying today is a much worse experience then flying even just 4 years ago.

I used to be able to dependably fly to Dallas and be there for an 830am meeting.   

Today that trip takes a day.   Flights are regularly delayed and canceled.   During one period flying from Dulles to Tampa 8 of 10 flights I took were delayed at least 2 hours or canceled.   

My company travels frequently.   In the last year there has not been a single trip (out of about 75) where at least one person did not have flight issues.

Then you should fly from Ohio.  We fly frequently out of both Columbus and Cleveland and it's much easier than it was four years ago.   I haven't been on a delayed flight in years.  And now that they have TSA pre-check, it's a piece of cake.

Or am I 'ignorant' too??  :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Well heck lets just go full police state then comrade.   Then we won't have any problems with pesky civilians.

That doesn't answer the question, so I'll ask it again.  What should an airline do if it has a disruptive passenger?

Offline driftdiver

Well, it would certainly be possible for the government to ban overbooking.  That would mean fewer paying passengers per flight, so airlines would need to charge more per seat to make up the difference in revenues.

If you made it an across the board requirement for all airlines, it probably wouldn't affect them too much because their competitors would all have to do the same.  It would just mean that people would have to pay more to fly.

How about having some repercussions when the airlines fail to deliver as promised.   If I want to change a ticket it costs me $150 plus the difference in airfare.  How about it costing the airpine when they fail.

They over book, don't have any spare capacity and when they have problems they cannot accommodate the passengers in their system.  Last week I spoke with numerous people who had been in the airport for 2 days.  Numerous people being told it would take the airline 2-5 days to get them to their destination.    The airline wasn't paying for hotels, they werent paying for meals.   They did distribute Little Ceasers pizza at one gate though.

Offline driftdiver

That doesn't answer the question, so I'll ask it again.  What should an airline do if it has a disruptive passenger?

Sure it does.   You obviously don't think us civilians should have any rights.    That's a police state.

here's a clue, this aint the military Major.

As much as I hate the TSA, they are usually only about 30 minutes of the trip.  Sometimes less if I can get TSA Precheck in which case they are about 5 mins.

No, the so called security rules are a convenient excuse but not the reality.
Your reality is different than mine after taking maybe a hundred roundtrips between Houston and Dallas all the way back to the 70s until recently.

I know it is govt regulation that caused impact.  The competition by SWA is the only thing stopping monopolistic practices.

Thank God for Southwest.  It is not a coincidence that the travel sites overlook them or that the majors will not ticket exchange with them.

Offline LonestarDream

Just ban United from overbooking.  United seems to have a penchant for arbitrary, obnoxious and capricious mandates.

If it impacts United pricing relative to its competitors, TOO BAD.

United ranks as the second most likely airline to bump customers - on or off the the plane.   

Offline thackney

Just ban United from overbooking.  United seems to have a penchant for arbitrary, obnoxious and capricious mandates.

If it impacts United pricing relative to its competitors, TOO BAD.

United ranks as the second most likely airline to bump customers - on or off the the plane.   

All or none. Apply the same rules to all companies.  Asking the government to intentionally pick winners and losers is insane.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline driftdiver

Your reality is different than mine after taking maybe a hundred roundtrips between Houston and Dallas all the way back to the 70s until recently.

I know it is govt regulation that caused impact.  The competition by SWA is the only thing stopping monopolistic practices.

Thank God for Southwest.  It is not a coincidence that the travel sites overlook them or that the majors will not ticket exchange with them.

Southwest isnt on the travel sites because they don't wish to be on the travel sites.

The other big airlines are on the travel sites because they want to be.   So the claim that the travel sites cause pricing pressure is false.   The price I get quoted on expedia is exactly the same as on Deltas site.   

How about having some repercussions when the airlines fail to deliver as promised.   If I want to change a ticket it costs me $150 plus the difference in airfare.  How about it costing the airpine when they fail.
no one forces you to buy other than fully refundable. Suck it up and pay for it if that is what you prefer.
They over book, don't have any spare capacity and when they have problems they cannot accommodate the passengers in their system.
you still cannot grasp the business model they must adhere to in order to make a profit and stay in business.  They must have full seats.  That is how they must operate, otherwise, the cost per ticket will be higher for everybody.

They cannot guarantee a seat.  If you want that, don't fly or hire a private plane.

These airlines are not awash in money. Many have been bankrupt.  Squeezing profits from a notoriously unprofitable business forces them to adapt ways to stay in business.

Offline driftdiver

no one forces you to buy other than fully refundable. Suck it up and pay for it if that is what you prefer.you still cannot grasp the business model they must adhere to in order to make a profit and stay in business.  They must have full seats.  That is how they must operate, otherwise, the cost per ticket will be higher for everybody.

They cannot guarantee a seat.  If you want that, don't fly or hire a private plane.

These airlines are not awash in money. Many have been bankrupt.  Squeezing profits from a notoriously unprofitable business forces them to adapt ways to stay in business.

Fully refundable doesn't enter the picture when it costs them NOTHING when they fail to deliver as promised.

Of course they want full seats, why wouldn't they.   Of course they don't want any negative business risk when they fail to perform.  Sounds like a great business model.

Southwest isnt on the travel sites because they don't wish to be on the travel sites.

The other big airlines are on the travel sites because they want to be.   So the claim that the travel sites cause pricing pressure is false.   The price I get quoted on expedia is exactly the same as on Deltas site.
where did I say that travel sites cause pricing pressure?

Point it out.

Fully refundable doesn't enter the picture when it costs them NOTHING when they fail to deliver as promised.

Of course they want full seats, why wouldn't they.   Of course they don't want any negative business risk when they fail to perform.  Sounds like a great business model.
your business model is pointing toward a govt-controlled, govt subsidized entity like Amtrak.

No thank you.

Offline driftdiver

where did I say that travel sites cause pricing pressure?

Point it out.

Aren't you the same person arguing this guy wasn't thrown from the plane?

Offline LonestarDream

Good point.  Lets encourage premier examples of market efficiency like SWA.