Author Topic: Passengers ‘shaky and so disgusted’ as United forces screaming doctor off a plane  (Read 30322 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I hope United, or the people who treated him, saved some of his blood for drug testing. He very well could have been drugged up, and had a bad trip. Although it was a random accident, it could be a good thing that they pulled him before the flight. Dangerous to self and others.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 03:34:12 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
My sister's new Chevy Cruz tells her if she left a package in the backseat when she gets out. When we were sitting in the restaurant yesterday her car called to ask if she left it unlocked on purpose or would she like to lock now. Seems like the airlines could manage that kind of tech.
This, this right here is why people aren't getting married.

"Yes I left you unlocked deary, no ethanol for you tonight."  :smokin:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: NEW YORK POST

URL: http://nypost.com/2017/04/11/doctor-dragged-off-flight-convicted-of-trading-drugs-for-sex/

By Natalie Musumeci

The United Airlines passenger who was hauled off an overbooked plane is a poker-playing doctor from Kentucky with a sordid past.

Dr. David Dao, 69, who was captured in a now viral video being forcibly dragged off the Louisville, Ky-bound flight at Chicago O’Hare Airport on Sunday, was working as a doctor specializing in pulmonary disease in Elizabethtown when he was convicted of trading prescription drugs for sex favors.

According to documents filed with the Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure, Dao was arrested in 2003 on the drug-related offenses following an undercover investigation.

The board’s probe into the criminal charges found that Dao became sexually interested in a male patient, Brian Case, who he gave a physical examination to, including a genital examination, and then eventually made the man his office manager.

Case then quit that job due to “inappropriate” remarks made by Dao, who then pursued him and arranged to give him prescription drugs in exchange for sexual acts, the documents, filed last year, state.

In 2004, Dao was convicted on a slew of felony counts of obtaining drugs by fraud or deceit and was later placed on five years of supervised probation, the newspaper reported.

Dao and co-defendant Case, identified in the documents by the state medical board as “Patient A,” were both indicted in the case.

The medical board said that Dao had a sexual relationship with Case and supplied him with narcotics while Case was his patient. The two would often meet at hotel rooms.

The two allegedly worked together to obtain prescription narcotics at several pharmacies over three years, according to reports.

The Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure permitted Dao to continue practicing medicine in 2015 under certain conditions, after he completed his probation and underwent psychological evaluations, the Courier-Journal reported.

(EXCERPT ONLY) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST

Offline SirLinksALot

UNITED AIRLINES IS STILL WRONG REGARDLESS OF THE CHARACTER OF THE PASSENGER.

Offline Applewood

LOL

Actually, if I have to fly, I will choose Southwest over any other carrier -- unless my destination is not served by Southwest.   Never had a problem with this airline.  They treat customers like human beings, not cattle.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This thing already wreeks of a bad Made for TV movie.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Which proves he is a doctor as said license has been reinstated. 

Perhaps it is time dig up dirt on the United CEO and his ENTIRE family.

The reason that is relevant to some of us is that we see his behavior as irrational, and couldn't quite understand why he might have acted as he did.  This somewhat explains it.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Over a decade ago and his license was partially restored where he could practice.

IE, irrelevant information that clouds the specifics of what happened yesterday.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
LOL

Actually, if I have to fly, I will choose Southwest over any other carrier -- unless my destination is not served by Southwest.   Never had a problem with this airline.  They treat customers like human beings, not cattle.

You gotta be kidding.  Southwest doesn't assign seats, passengers line up at the jetway door in the order they show up, then take their seats based on where they are in the line.  If you want a decent seat, you're standing at least 30 minutes.

I've called them "Cattle-Car Airlines."  My company insists on SWA, and I hate it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I last flew jetblue in 2009. Got my own seats (2 empties!), and satellite TV. Easy flight I ever took.

Offline Frank Cannon

So this means he wasn't drug off the plane screaming like a girl?

Offline thackney

You gotta be kidding.  Southwest doesn't assign seats, passengers line up at the jetway door in the order they show up, then take their seats based on where they are in the line.  If you want a decent seat, you're standing at least 30 minutes.

I've called them "Cattle-Car Airlines."  My company insists on SWA, and I hate it.
a

My family likes them for exactly those reasons.  We are always early and get rewarded for it.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Applewood

Well, I carry a cane, so SW treats me as disabled and lets me board with the wheelchair bound, passengers with children, and business class.

What you can do is get your spot in line ahead of time.  You can check in online 24 hours before takeoff.  You can also spring for Early Bird Check-In.  Under this plan, the airline checks you in and you can retrieve and print your boarding pass at any time before your flight.  Early Bird check-in doesn't guarantee you will be in the first boarding group, but whenever I used this feature, I always was in the first group. 

Not sure why you would have to stand in line for hours to get a good seat.  At one time, SW gave seats on a first come, first served basis, but I haven't seen that done for several years.

Offline ABX

I almost always fly American as my initial connection at least due to the podunk small town airport I fly out of only has American Eagle. They've been OK. They fee you to death and you can no longer get free upgrades no matter how many miles you have. But the people are nice and I haven't lost a bag or been bumped in years minus one incident where there was a tornado going through my destination so the flight was canceled but the bags were sent on an earlier flight.

Offline Applewood

I last flew jetblue in 2009. Got my own seats (2 empties!), and satellite TV. Easy flight I ever took.

Used to like Jet Blue, but the airline scaled back service in the Pittsburgh market.  Can't fly direct, nonstop to most cities.  Wouldn't mind if I was traveling cross-country, but a nonstop to Philadelphia would take maybe an hour and change.  Having to make connections would take a few hours.  Ridiculous.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Unless he was doing it on the plane at the time I don't see what it has to do with anything.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Good grief, did United retain the services of Roger Stone or something?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, I carry a cane, so SW treats me as disabled and lets me board with the wheelchair bound, passengers with children, and business class.

What you can do is get your spot in line ahead of time.  You can check in online 24 hours before takeoff.  You can also spring for Early Bird Check-In.  Under this plan, the airline checks you in and you can retrieve and print your boarding pass at any time before your flight.  Early Bird check-in doesn't guarantee you will be in the first boarding group, but whenever I used this feature, I always was in the first group. 

Not sure why you would have to stand in line for hours to get a good seat.  At one time, SW gave seats on a first come, first served basis, but I haven't seen that done for several years.

I believe you, because I haven't flown anywhere since 2002.  TSA is too much of a hassle.  I flew sometimes because my wife would want to drive to visit her sister in a place that's two day's drive.  I'd drive up there with her, fly home, and fly back up there to meet her a week or two later for the drive home.

Single guy, just carry-on (no checked bags), so I'd get the full treatment every time.  Really pissed me off.  And this was before the back-scatter scans.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

My wife has pretty bad claustrophobia, and freaks out if feeling trapped on a plane.  Southwest has always treated her like absolute gold -- extremely considerate, etc..

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Unless he was doing it on the plane at the time I don't see what it has to do with anything.
It is impossible to know if he was doing it on the plane. He could easily have been taking drugs at the time. He certainly behaved like he was on drugs.
There is speculation that he thought he was being arrested again. That is why he flipped out and fought the Cops.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

L M A O !!! 

You're a riot.
coming from someone who knows what rocket surgery is, that is quite  telling.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
coming from someone who knows what rocket surgery is, that is quite  telling.

[attachment deleted by admin]
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No different than a common carrier pipeline, or electrical utility.
ED right now favors greatly the company, not the landowner. 

I attended one of these sessions and it is frightening how little say so the landowner has.  http://www.texansforpropertyrights.com

As an example, the state deems certain companies as those who can use ED statute to condemn; based upon criteria of usage, company screening,  the way it handles disputes, etc.  However, right now those companies can assign those rights to other companies to use that are unapproved to use ED by the state.

Another one is the inability of a landowner to recoup legal costs in ED valuation, even if the landowner wins.

Current legislation before Texas legislature will reign in that and other abuses.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

As an example, the state deems certain companies as those who can use ED statute to condemn; based upon criteria of usage, company screening,  the way it handles disputes, etc.  However, right now those companies can assign those rights to other companies to use that are unapproved to use ED by the state.

That's wrong.

Another one is the inability of a landowner to recoup legal costs in ED valuation, even if the landowner wins.

So is that.

Current legislation before Texas legislature will reign in that and other abuses.

That's good, although it won't affect federal ED.  But assuming those things are corrected...we still need ED.

Offline ABX