Author Topic: Obama Official: 'We Always Knew' Assad Still Had Chemical Weapons  (Read 529 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
By Wanda Carruthers   |   Sunday, 09 Apr 2017 10:39 PM

An official in the administration of former President Barack Obama admits they "always knew" Syrian President Bashar al Assad still had chemical weapons, despite a 2013 agreement that indicated otherwise, reported The New York Times.

"We always knew we had not gotten everything, that the Syrians had not been fully forthcoming in their declaration," Tony Blinken, a former deputy secretary of state and former deputy national security adviser under Barack Obama, told the Times.

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Obama-Blinken-Assad-chemical-weapons/2017/04/09/id/783436/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Obama Official: 'We Always Knew' Assad Still Had Chemical Weapons
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 01:19:03 pm »
Beyond cynical.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 01:22:16 pm »

What's the point of entering into an agreement with someone that you know is violating it as you are signing it?
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 10:40:04 pm »
What's the point of entering into an agreement with someone that you know is violating it as you are signing it?

Good question and it's hardly a recent one.  See SALT I, SALT II, The Agreed Framework, Irianian Nuclear Deal, etc....
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.