Author Topic: Say Goodbye to Allergy Misery in Spring. Expert offers tips for reducing pollen-related discomfort  (Read 431 times)

rangerrebew

Say Goodbye to Allergy Misery in Spring
Expert offers tips for reducing pollen-related discomfort

By Robert Preidt
Saturday, April 1, 2017

SATURDAY, April 1, 2017 (HealthDay News) -- Spring can rain misery on allergy sufferers, but there are a number of ways to ease your agony, a physician expert says.

"Allergies affect millions in the U.S., and while there is no way to avoid irritants like pollen entirely, there are simple solutions to mitigate allergic reactions," said Dr. Joseph Cooke.

Cooke is chair of the department of medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Queens.

https://medlineplus.gov/news/fullstory_164417.html
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 11:06:52 am by rangerrebew »

Online Polly Ticks

I read once that turning the water in your shower all the way to cold for 30 seconds right before you get out would help with allergies, so I thought I'd try it a few years ago. 

I think it actually did help a bit, but decided it really wasn't worth it.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
So, bottom line - stay inside when the counts are high.  In central Texas we would never go outside, except maybe while it's raining.

Offline thackney

So, bottom line - stay inside when the counts are high.  In central Texas we would never go outside, except maybe while it's raining.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer