Author Topic: Blacks Freak Out Because Whoopi Goldberg Doesn’t Believe In Cultural Appropriation  (Read 863 times)

rangerrebew

Blacks Freak Out Because Whoopi Goldberg Doesn’t Believe In Cultural Appropriation

April 9, 2017| by Brian Anderson

In the black community, cultural appropriation is the worst form of racism possible. In case you are unfamiliar with this insidious hate crime, it’s basically white people dressing or acting in a way that is perceived as black. Mostly it’s white women wearing black hairstyles. The View host Whoopi Goldberg recently pointed out how silly the outrage over this is and black people are freaking out, looking to pull her “black card.” Okay, cultural appropriation is considered bad, but maybe not towing the black party line is worse.

This takes a bit of a set up. Earlier this week Pepsi released an ad starring Kendall Jenner in which she solves all the world’s racism problems with a soft drink. Black people in particular hated this ad because they say it minimizes the struggle of the Black Lives Matter movement. It definitely didn’t do that but Pepsi pulled the ad because they are chicken shits.

https://downtrend.com/71superb/blacks-freak-out-because-whoopi-goldberg-doesnt-believe-in-cultural-appropriation
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 03:10:52 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline BigU

• Dude
So, some blacks are outraged by cultural appropriation? What about their appropriation of Europeans languages, fashion, musical instruments (except drums, I guess) and every other thing they do or eat, etc. that isn't solely from the African continent. It gets pretty ridiculous. This is one thing I agree with Whoopi Goldberg. (Who appropriated a Jewish name and it's ok.)
BigU

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Offline Mod2

Moving to editorial

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It's stupid because Africa was part of the hub of early civilizations in and around the Mediterranean and to the East. There was a constant intermingling and interchange of cultures for thousands of years. Africa wasn't separate from that by the mere fact that a number of empires had territory and influence in all three continents of Asia, Africa, and Europe. How can you culturally appropriate something that was used in such an entity?

It's funny how liberals can talk diversity and then get hung up on appropriation. That's the exact opposite, it's balkanization. Which IMO is what the libs really want, with diversity and certainly not a melting pot not really being their objective.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 05:11:21 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
That's the exact opposite, it's balkanization. Which IMO is what the libs really want, with diversity and certainly not a melting pot not really being their objective.

The word you are looking for, my friend, is ghettos.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Every black woman who bleaches or straightens her hair would be guilty of cultural appropriation under this logic.  The entire concept is absurd.