Author Topic: FLOTUS Fashion [Melania Only]  (Read 419121 times)

Online libertybele

Re: FLOTUS Fashion
« Reply #2300 on: January 01, 2018, 06:08:10 am »
The dress is in her favorite color; pink, but don't like the high neck nor the embroidered shimmer.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2301 on: January 01, 2018, 06:25:46 am »
Not a fan of Melania's dress -- again --

Eff you. That's hot.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2302 on: January 01, 2018, 12:32:18 pm »
Eff you. That's hot.

Seriously Frank?  What's your problem dearie?  Definitely not a reason to cuss at me.  Get a grip Frank, it's a New Year.   :happyny:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2303 on: January 01, 2018, 02:52:39 pm »
Love the fabric...HATE those puffy sleeves.....if it would have just been sleeveless!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

« Reply #2304 on: January 01, 2018, 03:01:21 pm »
Love the fabric...HATE those puffy sleeves.....if it would have just been sleeveless!

Yes, the sleeves detract from the dress ... perhaps long sleeves in a matching sheer fabric.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #2305 on: January 01, 2018, 03:13:10 pm »

I read an article from a fashion magazine that posited that Melanie is making a statement with sleeves, i.e., the former first lady was ALL about showing off her toned arms.  In addition, Melanie is much more fashion conscious, choosing different silhouettes for different occasions.  Wearing her coat over her shoulders is a fashion tic, showing both garments to good effect. 

Sleeves are a fashion thing now.  Went shopping with my teenager granddaughter.  Lots of elaborate sleeves in the stores.

I like that she chooses more modest, first lady appropriate clothing.  I think she is striving to live up to the role.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2306 on: January 02, 2018, 01:03:17 am »
I read an article from a fashion magazine that posited that Melanie is making a statement with sleeves, i.e., the former first lady was ALL about showing off her toned arms.  In addition, Melanie is much more fashion conscious, choosing different silhouettes for different occasions.  Wearing her coat over her shoulders is a fashion tic, showing both garments to good effect. 

Sleeves are a fashion thing now.  Went shopping with my teenager granddaughter.  Lots of elaborate sleeves in the stores.

I like that she chooses more modest, first lady appropriate clothing.  I think she is striving to live up to the role.

Michael was always striving to be 'politically correct' and didn't seem to display a whole lot of femininity, though at times she really tried; from her boxy shoulders to her bold leggedness, she looked more like a drag queen at times.  Melania is being true to herself and she's is becoming a role model to our youth.  As for the sleeves ... trending her in FL are the cold shoulder sleeves -- even sweaters with cold shoulders in the summer.  The cold shoulder sleeves would have looked much better with this dress.  Still not crazy about the fabric or style and to me it still looks like a shortened Japanese kimono.  Yes Melania exudes feminism, sophistication, grace, style and very much looks like a first lady.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 01:05:03 am by libertybele »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2307 on: January 02, 2018, 01:17:21 am »
Best part about the outfit is the shoes.  I would say she get rid of the rest of it, but @Frank Cannon would not be able to handle himself....errr, he *would* handle himself.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2308 on: January 02, 2018, 01:32:26 am »
Best part about the outfit is the shoes.  I would say she get rid of the rest of it, but @Frank Cannon would not be able to handle himself....errr, he *would* handle himself.

I don't think that is the grip @libertybele was looking for.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

« Reply #2309 on: January 02, 2018, 04:27:00 am »
I don't think that is the grip @libertybele was looking for.

:silly: :silly: 888high58888

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2310 on: January 02, 2018, 04:13:28 pm »
Dress looks very pretty on video .. fits her like a glove, too.  Love the earrings!

! No longer available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8kP6mguWlU

« Reply #2311 on: January 02, 2018, 04:16:22 pm »
They're home and back to work   

Of course the media fashionistas are now saying you don't wear heels in .... you guessed it .... cold weather.   :laugh:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2312 on: January 02, 2018, 09:00:14 pm »
Melania is vindicated; she did not have the ugliest dress at the ball.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2313 on: January 03, 2018, 01:32:41 am »

A flying purple people eater.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

« Reply #2314 on: January 07, 2018, 05:35:50 am »
Dress looks very pretty on video .. fits her like a glove, too.  Love the earrings!

:silly: Can't say that it looks any better in the video than the still shot ... the dress is still the same -- looks like a shortened Japanese kimono with puffy flouncy sleeves.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2315 on: January 07, 2018, 05:39:32 am »

I think that dress is cool. I also think it's cool that a 90 year old geezer like Steve Wynn has a 20 year old tart on his arm. It's good to be old and filthy rich.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2316 on: January 07, 2018, 05:42:35 am »
They're home and back to work   

Of course the media fashionistas are now saying you don't wear heels in .... you guessed it .... cold weather.   :laugh:

...as for her outfit ...meh   Her outfits seem to be lacking fashion appeal lately.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2317 on: January 07, 2018, 05:45:24 am »
...as for her outfit ...meh   Her outfits seem to be lacking fashion appeal lately.

Like hell. Tight leather pants with a matching bag and shoes with a fun pea coat is damn cool. When was the last time you saw a First lady look that hot?

Online libertybele

« Reply #2318 on: January 07, 2018, 05:59:49 am »
Like hell. Tight leather pants with a matching bag and shoes with a fun pea coat is damn cool. When was the last time you saw a First lady look that hot?

Compared to the last FLOTUS, she could wear a garbage bag and still look better.  Just don't really care for the leather slacks.  She hasn't worn anything in awhile that compares to some of her earlier 'wow' outfits.

« Reply #2319 on: January 07, 2018, 06:02:50 am »
Compared to the last FLOTUS, she could wear a garbage bag and still look better.  Just don't really care for the leather slacks.  She hasn't worn anything in awhile that compares to some of her earlier 'wow' outfits.

Nah .. we're just spoiled.  ^-^

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2320 on: January 07, 2018, 06:03:07 am »

Tight burgundy leather pants aren't "wow"? How dare you. I'm calling the fashion police right now to take away your credentials on this thread.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2321 on: January 07, 2018, 06:07:26 am »
Tight burgundy leather pants aren't "wow"? How dare you. I'm calling the fashion police right now to take away your credentials on this thread.

Says the man who likes the weird, purple ruffled puke that hot chick is wearing.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2322 on: January 07, 2018, 06:11:50 am »
Says the man who likes the weird, purple ruffled puke that hot chick is wearing.

Bleh. You probably wear flip flops to weddings and funerals.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2323 on: January 07, 2018, 06:11:56 am »
Sure you can @libertybele   While the dress is the same, video lets you see how the dress moves and fits better than a still shot.  And the dress did both -- beautifully.  Sue me.  :shrug:

Yep you are right the dress is the same.  Sue you (you're kidding right)?  Nah, so far you've refrained from posting pictures of the same outfit 5 or 6 times!   000hehehehe

Online libertybele

« Reply #2324 on: January 07, 2018, 06:13:48 am »

...and I'm colored blind ... they look brown to me (yikes).