Author Topic: FLOTUS Fashion [Melania Only]  (Read 419125 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: FLOTUS Fashion
« Reply #2200 on: November 28, 2017, 05:48:34 am »
You too? My wife gets excited when a dress has hidden pockets. She doesn't even ever use them. She just likes sticking her hands in them and telling me she has pockets.

And you're married?  Really?  Huh.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2201 on: November 28, 2017, 05:52:44 am »
And you're married?  Really?  Huh.

Married is a bit of a stretch. More like imprisoned.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2202 on: November 28, 2017, 05:54:23 am »
Married is a bit of a stretch. More like imprisoned.

Yeah, I didn't figure she would stay voluntarily.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2203 on: November 28, 2017, 05:55:05 am »
Yeah, I didn't figure she would stay voluntarily.

I live in Alabama so it's legal.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2204 on: November 28, 2017, 05:56:46 am »
I live in Alabama so it's legal.

Oh, so she's 14 too.  And a sistercousin?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2205 on: November 28, 2017, 06:01:21 am »
Oh, so she's 14 too.  And a sistercousin?

So you've met her?

Silver Pines

« Reply #2206 on: November 28, 2017, 12:18:31 pm »

I think the dress Melania is wearing is perfect for this holiday event.  It flowed gracefully and she didn't have to concern herself with adjusting a form-fitted outfit each time she sat and got up from the tables she visited (the point of the event).

The kids certainly "got" what she was wearing.  They're the ones who said she "looks like an angel". ^-^

I expect at the Christmas in Washington celebration to be held at the Kennedy Center we'll see something quite different.

@Right_in_Virginia

Yeah, I get it, she’s an angel.  And yet I think the full skirts swamp her and look dated. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2207 on: November 28, 2017, 12:58:01 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Yeah, I get it, she’s an angel.   

No, @CatherineofAragon , as is usual, you most assuredly do not "get it".     **nononono*

Silver Pines

« Reply #2208 on: November 28, 2017, 01:58:00 pm »
No, @CatherineofAragon , as is usual, you most assuredly do not "get it".     **nononono*

@Right_in_Virginia

What don’t I get?  That I’m not worshipping sufficiently?

Not gonna happen, so deal with a difference of opinion on the woman’s freaking dress like an adult.

Offline Mod1

« Reply #2209 on: November 28, 2017, 02:00:30 pm »
Let's stick to the topic.

« Reply #2210 on: November 28, 2017, 02:28:38 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

What don’t I get?  That I’m not worshipping sufficiently?  Not gonna happen, so deal with a difference of opinion on the woman’s freaking dress like an adult.

I'm so happy I'm not you; compelled to fight everywhere .... even on a lighthearted thread @CatherineofAragon   I hope some sunshine finds its way into your worldview.   :seeya:

Offline Mod1

« Reply #2211 on: November 28, 2017, 02:34:51 pm »
I'm so happy I'm not you; compelled to fight everywhere .... even on a lighthearted thread @CatherineofAragon   I hope some sunshine finds its way into your worldview.   :seeya:

Really? 

Offline Mod2

« Reply #2212 on: November 28, 2017, 02:43:34 pm »
Is it really that difficult to stay on topic, when the topic is something as innocuous as the First Lady's fashion choices? The snark is not appreciated.

Silver Pines

« Reply #2213 on: November 28, 2017, 03:00:03 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

You little scamp, you.  *grin*

I didn’t realize an opinion on a skirt is fighting.  Got any pics of Melania in straight skirts?

Online libertybele

« Reply #2214 on: November 28, 2017, 06:46:05 pm »
Definitely there is no place for snark in this thread for heaven's sake as people are entitled to their opinions, most so far have agreed that the puffy, flouncy, sleeves do not complement the dress. Ok ... so there's a difference of opinion...get over it! Melania is a former model and now our FLOTUS; she has some absolutely gorgeous outfits and some spectacular looking shoes and  the intent of this thread was to have a place to post pics of her outfits for various occasions and comment.  To show different angles or to capture a different scene or event with her wearing the same outfit is one thing, but to continually post multiple pictures of the same outfit, scenery, etc. after someone else has posted the same pic is not only repetitive but a tad childish, and  it becomes a bit excessive, especially when they're posted in more than one thread; in doing so, I can definitely see where someone would see that as Melania worshiping.  Just my opinion.  Peace. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #2215 on: November 29, 2017, 12:28:43 am »
Definitely there is no place for snark in this thread for heaven's sake as people are entitled to their opinions, most so far have agreed that the puffy, flouncy, sleeves do not complement the dress. Ok ... so there's a difference of opinion...get over it! Melania is a former model and now our FLOTUS; she has some absolutely gorgeous outfits and some spectacular looking shoes and  the intent of this thread was to have a place to post pics of her outfits for various occasions and comment.  To show different angles or to capture a different scene or event with her wearing the same outfit is one thing, but to continually post multiple pictures of the same outfit, scenery, etc. after someone else has posted the same pic is not only repetitive but a tad childish, and  it becomes a bit excessive, especially when they're posted in more than one thread; in doing so, I can definitely see where someone would see that as Melania worshiping.  Just my opinion.  Peace.

I've posted photos from the Christmas event here ... and on the thread in the National News Forum. I've done the same with national and global events involving the President.   It may be hard to believe @libertybele, but not everyone visits the Fashion thread.   :shrug:   But, if covering both threads is mistaken for "childish" or "worship",  I'll post once so not to confuse folks.  I'll also be sure not to post different perspectives of what you've posted, even if the additional photo is better framed or focused.   Heaven knows the last thing I would want to do is offend you --- or any of the visitors to this thread.  Peace.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2216 on: November 29, 2017, 01:12:43 am »
I've posted photos from the Christmas event here ... and on the thread in the National News Forum. I've done the same with national and global events involving the President.   It may be hard to believe @libertybele, but not everyone visits the Fashion thread.   :shrug:   But, if covering both threads is mistaken for "childish" or "worship",  I'll post once so not to confuse folks.  I'll also be sure not to post different perspectives of what you've posted, even if the additional photo is better framed or focused.   Heaven knows the last thing I would want to do is offend you --- or any of the visitors to this thread.  Peace.

Thank you for martyring yourself for us.  I wanted you to know that it did not go unnoticed.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2217 on: November 29, 2017, 11:00:46 pm »

You offending me? Confusing folks for covering both threads?  Good grief ... you obviously missed the point.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2218 on: December 01, 2017, 12:18:52 am »
National Tree Lighting Ceremony -- I love the plaid coat and no puffy sleeves! 

Silver Pines

« Reply #2219 on: December 01, 2017, 12:27:03 am »
National Tree Lighting Ceremony -- I love the plaid coat and no puffy sleeves! 

I like that.  The coat nips in at the waist, and the color is festive.  Matches his tie, too.

Melania has a really good grasp of choosing colors and styles to fit each occasion.  I never saw that with the Beastmaster.  She just seemed to throw on a random mess without giving it any thought.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2220 on: December 01, 2017, 12:35:18 am »
I never saw that with the Beastmaster.  She just seemed to throw on a random mess without giving it any thought.

If I recall, she always wore black to match her soul.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2221 on: December 06, 2017, 11:57:22 pm »
FLOTUS & @SecondLady met with 1st responders to thank them for their efforts on behalf of the people of Texas during Hurricane Harvey.  I think she is dressed appropriately, but of course the MSM has to focus on the cost of the "puffer jacket" ($1,188).

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 11:58:15 pm by libertybele »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2222 on: December 07, 2017, 12:01:54 am »
FLOTUS & @SecondLady met with 1st responders to thank them for their efforts on behalf of the people of Texas during Hurricane Harvey.  I think she is dressed appropriately, but of course the MSM has to focus on the cost of the "puffer jacket" ($1,188).

That's a hot winter outfit. Frank Cannon approves.......a whole lot.

Silver Pines

« Reply #2223 on: December 07, 2017, 12:09:27 am »
Yep, she nailed that one.

Also, I know I said it before, but I love that she isn't afraid to wear green.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:10:11 am by CatherineofAragon »

« Reply #2224 on: December 08, 2017, 05:20:32 am »
Visiting the Children's National Hospital Thursday:

(Getty - click link) http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/first-lady-melania-trump-arrives-to-greet-children-and-read-the-book-picture-id887931598 

And the shoes: 

« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 05:21:40 am by Right_in_Virginia »