Author Topic: FLOTUS Fashion [Melania Only]  (Read 419079 times)

Online libertybele

Re: FLOTUS Fashion
« Reply #2125 on: November 19, 2017, 09:28:36 pm »
I have to admit I come here too to admire Mrs. Trump's fashion aplomb and grace, but do find the worshipful attitude very off putting and odd.  She's a pretty woman, dresses well, and occupies the FLOTUS position very well so far.  But, the worship is a bit too much for me.

This thread was actually started because a couple of us were sick and tired of Melania getting slammed by the MSM for her terrible fashion sense and Michelle, though she'd left office, was being glorified as a fashion icon. Agreed, perhaps we've gone overboard at times ... and perhaps we should shift our focus back to FLOTUS fashion rather than pictures of her face, videos over time,  etc. I fully agree.  I think we should get back to posting her recent fashions rather than focusing on 'everything Melania'.  Here though is a prime example as to why this thread was started int he first place...keep in mind this was considered one of her best looks!  Seriously ... and this is one of the better ones!

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2126 on: November 19, 2017, 09:33:54 pm »
I have to admit I come here too to admire Mrs. Trump's fashion aplomb and grace, but do find the worshipful attitude very off putting and odd.  She's a pretty woman, dresses well, and occupies the FLOTUS position very well so far.  But, the worship is a bit too much for me.

Is that what we're doing here, @Sanguine ....just because that's HER 'trigger' word?    /s   *****rollingeyes*****

And of course, you find some way to support her .... because of who's calling her out.      ...tsk, tsk.

Nobody's "worshiping" her.   

It's a thread where we can post flattering pics and videos of our First Lady.   It hasn't been limited to her current outfit in the past.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2127 on: November 19, 2017, 09:47:37 pm »
This thread was actually started because a couple of us were sick and tired of Melania getting slammed by the MSM for her terrible fashion sense and Michelle, though she'd left office, was being glorified as a fashion icon. Agreed, perhaps we've gone overboard at times ... and perhaps we should shift our focus back to FLOTUS fashion rather than pictures of her face, videos over time,  etc. I fully agree.  I think we should get back to posting her recent fashions rather than focusing on 'everything Melania'.  Here though is a prime example as to why this thread was started int he first place...keep in mind this was considered one of her best looks!  Seriously ... and this is one of the better ones!

That photo says it all!  It's a nice dress, just poorly worn.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2128 on: November 19, 2017, 09:48:59 pm »
Is that what we're doing here, @Sanguine ....just because that's HER 'trigger' word?    /s   *****rollingeyes*****

And of course, you find some way to support her .... because of who's calling her out.      ...tsk, tsk.

Nobody's "worshiping" her.   

It's a thread where we can post flattering pics and videos of our First Lady.   It hasn't been limited to her current outfit in the past.

What on earth are you babbling about, DCP?  Whatever it is, why don't you take your own advice and take it elsewhere?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2129 on: November 19, 2017, 10:16:27 pm »
Ignore the troll, my FRiend.  'specially on this thread.     :laugh:

I agree. 

Your nod to Free Republic in your use of "FRiend" is a little confusing to me though.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2130 on: November 19, 2017, 10:35:17 pm »
Your nod to Free Republic in your use of "FRiend" is a little confusing to me though.
Indeed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2131 on: November 19, 2017, 11:39:50 pm »
Ignore the troll, my FRiend.  'specially on this thread.     :laugh:

First of all, this ain't the shithole racist sewer known as FR, so I am confused why someone would use the common greeting on TBR from there. Secondly @RoosGirl makes a solid point. I am a regular poster on this thread since the beginning and I am confused why a thread specifically about what Melania is wearing is getting spammed with her face pics and stupid garbage with her feeding ice cream to her son in a creepy inappropriate way.

That shit is the definition of worship. It doesn't have a damn thing to do with fashion.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2132 on: November 19, 2017, 11:52:51 pm »
First of all, this ain't the shithole racist sewer known as FR, so I am confused why someone would use the common greeting on TBR from there. Secondly @RoosGirl makes a solid point. I am a regular poster on this thread since the beginning and I am confused why a thread specifically about what Melania is wearing is getting spammed with her face pics and stupid garbage with her feeding ice cream to her son in a creepy inappropriate way.

That shit is the definition of worship. It doesn't have a damn thing to do with fashion.

Again, I agree ... and think we should refocus on FLOTUS fashion and not everything 'Melania' - that wasn't the intent.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2133 on: November 20, 2017, 12:05:22 am »
Again, I agree ... and think we should refocus on FLOTUS fashion and not everything 'Melania' - that wasn't the intent.

Bingo. We need some editorial discretion here. I refuse to stand by and let one of the finest threads on a political forum anywhere get hijacked with worship nonsense.

We have plenty of Roy Moore threads that could benefit from a hijack.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2134 on: November 20, 2017, 02:59:14 am »
We have plenty of Roy Moore threads that could benefit from a hijack.
If only!

Silver Pines

« Reply #2135 on: November 20, 2017, 02:38:02 pm »
I think the name of the thread needs to be changed from FLOTUS Fashion to FLOTUS Worship.

@RoosGirl

Yeah, I noticed the tendency a while back, extending to pics of Trump and the whole family.  The thread seemed like it was edging close to becoming TBR’s version of a Daily Dose thread.  I just wanted to look at great clothes on an attractive ( for once) First Lady.  The next one, whether Dem or Repub, will probably go right back to being dumpy.

But damn....leopard stilettos, man.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2136 on: November 20, 2017, 03:41:47 pm »
But damn....leopard stilettos, man.

You have a problem with that sister? We may have to have some words if you do.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2137 on: November 20, 2017, 04:13:13 pm »

"She was a large woman who seemed not so much dressed as upholstered." - James Matthew Barrie

Silver Pines

« Reply #2138 on: November 20, 2017, 10:09:52 pm »
You have a problem with that sister? We may have to have some words if you do.

@Frank Cannon

We already had them.  And no, I'm not going on a "jihad" against leopard stillettos.  They're hot as can be.

As long as they're the standout accessory with nothing else competing, but she's got that covered.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2139 on: November 21, 2017, 12:08:16 am »
Melania Trump accepts White House Christmas tree -- I love the whole outfit, but the boots and plaid coat are beautiful!

Silver Pines

« Reply #2140 on: November 21, 2017, 12:09:30 am »
Melania Trump accepts White House Christmas tree -- I love the whole outfit, but the boots and plaid coat are beautiful!

The boots alone are killer.  Lord have mercy

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #2141 on: November 21, 2017, 12:14:26 am »

Wow!  What away to do jeans, sweater and boots.  Look how tall Barron is.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2142 on: November 21, 2017, 12:17:41 am »

Outfit is hot. Boots aren't pointy enough.

I have spoken.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2143 on: November 21, 2017, 12:19:23 am »
The boots alone are killer.  Lord have mercy

Yes, love the boots; I can vaguely see the stiletto heels.  Very chic!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2144 on: November 21, 2017, 01:09:03 am »
 Love the coat.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2145 on: November 21, 2017, 08:07:33 pm »
My apologies for posting a picture including the President and Barron, but this one shows Melania's full outfit--and it's not from Getty.

The skirt is leather.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2146 on: November 21, 2017, 08:17:11 pm »
My apologies for posting a picture including the President and Barron, but this one shows Melania's full outfit--and it's not from Getty.

The skirt is leather.

She looks like Mary Poppins could pull a lamp out of her.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2147 on: November 21, 2017, 08:18:36 pm »

The skirt is leather.

I love her fall outfit..love that coat too!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2148 on: November 21, 2017, 08:32:13 pm »
Other angles...  (I love the coat)

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 08:34:42 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2149 on: November 21, 2017, 08:41:04 pm »
I like the coat, @RoosGirl!