Author Topic: FLOTUS Fashion [Melania Only]  (Read 419092 times)

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: FLOTUS Fashion
« Reply #1625 on: August 28, 2017, 02:30:01 pm »
Is Barron taller than Melania??

No, but he is getting there.  My grandson is the same age and firmly in the middle of the growth chart.  Barron is obviously tall.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1626 on: August 28, 2017, 02:55:50 pm »
No. He's in the foreground in both shots, which gives him that appearance. Give him time, he likely will be.

I don't know ... if he'd stand up straight (he reminds me so much of my brother at that age ...   ^-^ ), I think he is ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1627 on: August 28, 2017, 05:09:24 pm »
I don't know ... if he'd stand up straight (he reminds me so much of my brother at that age ...   ^-^ ), I think he is ....

Note a couple of things. Even here, Barron is in the foreground. The camera is looking upward, so those in the foreground appear to be taller than those in the background, Donald and Melania are roughly the same distance from the lens. The appearance is that Barron is taller than he is. I would say that flat footed (no shoes) they are close, and he will be taller than she is. But, bottom line, she's Mom, and that won't matter.  :laugh:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #1628 on: August 28, 2017, 05:44:09 pm »
Note a couple of things. Even here, Barron is in the foreground. The camera is looking upward, so those in the foreground appear to be taller than those in the background, Donald and Melania are roughly the same distance from the lens. The appearance is that Barron is taller than he is. I would say that flat footed (no shoes) they are close, and he will be taller than she is. But, bottom line, she's Mom, and that won't matter.  :laugh:

Yeah .. she's wearing these shoes with the yellow dress ...

But you're right, she's Mom ... however tall he grows.   :laugh:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1629 on: August 28, 2017, 09:44:24 pm »
Full length shot.  Barron is definitely tall  --  not so sure taller than his mom because she's usually in stilettos. Love her casual but classy look ... and she's wearing her favorite color.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 09:45:46 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #1630 on: August 28, 2017, 10:13:24 pm »
Full length shot.  Barron is definitely tall  --  not so sure taller than his mom because she's usually in stilettos. Love her casual but classy look ... and she's wearing her favorite color.

Melania looks fabulous as usual. I wonder if Barron is dressing up due to the nasty press comments. If so, that is too bad.

I remember how shocking it is when you have to look up at your children. I'm 5'9" and my boys grew tall.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #1631 on: August 28, 2017, 10:17:42 pm »
I would say that flat footed (no shoes) they are close, and he will be taller than she is. But, bottom line, she's Mom, and that won't matter.  :laugh:

That's the gospel truth.  Four of my boys are taller than I, and the fifth one isn't very far behind.  They still know that when Mom speaks, it would behoove them to pay attention.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1632 on: August 28, 2017, 11:17:34 pm »
Yes, Barron is pretty darn close, Melania is wearing glossy ballet flats.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1633 on: August 28, 2017, 11:29:40 pm »
Yes, Barron is pretty darn close, Melania is wearing glossy ballet flats.

He is close, but some picture tricks (try them some time). Barron is closer to the camera (see how the shadows line up). That makes him look taller. The camera is at knee to mid-thigh level, looking up, which exaggerates the effect and makes him look taller still. Mom is still taller. The camera effects make them look closer in height.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

debrawiest

« Reply #1634 on: August 29, 2017, 01:13:38 pm »
Glad to see Melania wearing flats.  Give those poor feet a break. :-)
She's gorgeous in whatever she wears.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1635 on: August 29, 2017, 02:15:05 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4833130/Trumps-disaster-struck-Texas-amid-Harvey.html
All hands to the pumps! Melania wears some VERY unsuitable stiletto heels and ankle-skimming pants as she joins Donald to visit rain-soaked Texas as deadly flood waters continue to rise

Hopefully she will change her shoes when she gets to Texas

more photos at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1636 on: August 29, 2017, 02:48:39 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/journalists-mock-melania-trump-for-wearing-stilettos-on-her-trip-to-texas/article/2632812
Journalists mock Melania Trump for wearing stilettos on her trip to Texas

She's never going to hear the end of this!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1637 on: August 29, 2017, 03:08:07 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/journalists-mock-melania-trump-for-wearing-stilettos-on-her-trip-to-texas/article/2632812
Journalists mock Melania Trump for wearing stilettos on her trip to Texas

She's never going to hear the end of this!

She should have been wearing some kick**s boots.  But, they she probably would have been mocked for that too, but they would have been more appropriate.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1638 on: August 29, 2017, 03:11:01 pm »
She should have been wearing some kick**s boots.  But, they she probably would have been mocked for that too, but they would have been more appropriate.

I hope they are on AF1
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1639 on: August 29, 2017, 04:34:34 pm »
Update...no photos yet but she did change into some sneakers
Support the USO

« Reply #1640 on: August 29, 2017, 04:43:12 pm »
Relax folks ...   We know Melania always changes on the plane.   

Landing in Texas in white tennis shoes and a black cap with FLOTUS written on it.  Maybe now it's time to pounce on the "FLOTUS" on her cap.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 04:57:50 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1641 on: August 29, 2017, 05:00:26 pm »
Relax folks ...   We know Melania always changes on the plane.   

Landing in Texas in white tennis shoes and a black cap with FLOTUS written on it.  Maybe now it's time to pounce on the "FLOTUS" on her cap.

Seriously.  I can't believe people are so dang petty.  The President looks darn classy too I might add and so does the FLOTUS.  Yes, the liberal idiots are going to make snide remarks regardless of what they do and what they wear.  For heaven's sake, Melania could wear a black plastic garbage bag and still make herself look presentable (unlike the former FLOTUS I might add)! 

« Reply #1642 on: August 29, 2017, 05:01:46 pm »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1643 on: August 29, 2017, 05:05:22 pm »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1644 on: August 29, 2017, 05:06:43 pm »

Good (thank you) you were able to capture the photo. I might add, FLOTUS looks darn good!  So ... I wonder what they are going to criticize her for next?  Wearing tennis shoes instead of boots?  Wearing white tennis shoes?  Give me a break!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1645 on: August 29, 2017, 05:09:11 pm »
So ... why is it that the picture of her in tennis shoes now are few and far between??

« Reply #1646 on: August 29, 2017, 05:15:01 pm »
I like that the President left the plane from the back of the plane ... without the usual fanfare.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 05:22:21 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1647 on: August 29, 2017, 05:22:58 pm »
Good (thank you) you were able to capture the photo. I might add, FLOTUS looks darn good!  So ... I wonder what they are going to criticize her for next?  Wearing tennis shoes instead of boots?  Wearing white tennis shoes?  Give me a break!

Nice to see that Gov. Abbott was there to meet them.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1648 on: August 29, 2017, 10:07:38 pm »
Sad.  Just about every news outlet is focusing on the stilettos; some are acknowledging the change into tennis shoes but continue to focus on why she felt it necessary to wear stilettos in the first place and then change stating that obviously she wasn't prepared to pitch in and help, etc., etc.  etc.  Yes, they are making fun of the FLOTUS ball cap as well. Let's see ... just days before her son was criticized for not being dressy enough and now she's being criticized for being too dressy. Oh boy!  :shrug:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 10:10:27 pm by libertybele »

« Reply #1649 on: August 29, 2017, 10:28:11 pm »
... Yes, they are making fun of the FLOTUS ball cap as well. ...

Of course they are @libertybele ... she's beautiful even in a ball cap  ^-^