Author Topic: FLOTUS Fashion [Melania Only]  (Read 419194 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: FLOTUS Fashion
« Reply #1450 on: July 13, 2017, 11:22:35 pm »
@Wingnut

LOL

Not according to Vogue magazine...they just described her legs as "jaw-dropping."

Yes, but "jaw-dropping" can be due to a number of things and isn't necessarily complimentary.   :silly:

Silver Pines

« Reply #1451 on: July 13, 2017, 11:24:24 pm »
LOL!  Brigette could dress with much more style ... but she's trying too hard to look young. She tries so hard, it's working against her and most times she just looks silly.

Although light years apart, I think some of the choices Ivanka's made recently (ie: the pink dress with bows) reflect she forgets she's not a twenty-something any more. 

And that's my catty comment ... for now.   ^-^

@CatherineofAragon

@Right_in_Virginia

Keep 'em coming, lol. 

No, I think that's a good point.  The French lady (Macron, if I spelled it right) seems determined to wear only short skirts.  Someone really needs to tell her kindly that it's not her best look.

Melania beats Parisian style.

Silver Pines

« Reply #1452 on: July 13, 2017, 11:25:18 pm »
Yes, but "jaw-dropping" can be due to a number of things and isn't necessarily complimentary.   :silly:

@Sanguine

Lol, that's the truth...

Wingnut

« Reply #1453 on: July 13, 2017, 11:28:46 pm »
@Wingnut

LOL

Not according to Vogue magazine...they just described her legs as "jaw-dropping."

@CatherineofAragon    I saw her in that dress...and baby.... that wasn't all that was dropping.  :)

Silver Pines

« Reply #1454 on: July 13, 2017, 11:29:59 pm »
Y'all are just snarky. Imagine the confusion of being told incessantly by global media how the previous occupant of the White House was haute couture. After eight years of boob belts, yoga pants near their elastic deformation limits, and silverback fashions made of drapes and breezeway cushion covers, I think we can cut the lady some slack. The fashion world will have to go through a decompression/adjustment period as classic elegance becomes stylish again in the minds of those poor tortured fashion writers and designers.

At least their politics aren't completely antithetical to the US. Far from perfect, and with a few decided weaknesses, but they can learn.

@Smokin Joe

I just want to officially recognize that turn of phrase.   :silly:

Mea culpa on the snarkiness, but I'll probably take it up again in a couple of posts, lol.  Anyway, no harm is meant to Macron.  She's not a bad looking woman.  It's hard to look at oneself in the mirror objectively and say, okay, that's not my best feature so I won't play it up even though I really want to. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #1455 on: July 13, 2017, 11:32:23 pm »

I love how Melania remembers two flags with one dress.   ^-^

I love how the French First lady is a beat up old school marm and the American First lady is a high fashion POA.

Wingnut

« Reply #1456 on: July 13, 2017, 11:43:28 pm »
I love how the French First lady is a beat up old school marm and the American First lady is a high fashion POA.

@Frank Cannon  So true...    He was 14 and she was .....giving extra credit courses in "The Joy of Sex for women over 35".

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1457 on: July 14, 2017, 12:13:08 am »
@Frank Cannon  So true...    He was 14 and she was .....giving extra credit courses in "The Joy of Sex for women over 35".
In other words, they met at their respective prime times... Hey, more power to them. At least he's a he and she's a she, and for her age she seems to be in pretty good shape. As for fashion, maybe the high necks cover some sort of scars, and she's trying to distract from other features by featuring her legs.

I wonder how she'd look in a pantsuit?  :tongue2: :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #1458 on: July 14, 2017, 12:18:40 am »

The issue is that she's doing exactly what Mooch does, which is dressing in clothes for younger women and/or not suitable for the body type. I love the Duchess of Cambridge's style but I think she blew it at her sister's wedding. She did just the opposite and dressed in a style that was too matronly. It's all about playing up the positive aspects and Macron failed.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1459 on: July 14, 2017, 12:22:44 am »
The issue is that she's doing exactly what Mooch does, which is dressing in clothes for younger women and/or not suitable for the body type. I love the Duchess of Cambridge's style but I think she blew it at her sister's wedding. She did just the opposite and dressed in a style that was too matronly. It's all about playing up the positive aspects and Macron failed.
@Frank Cannon @Wingnut Okay guys, I think we've identified the problem, but what is the solution? What sort of outfit do you think would look good on her? She has a fair sized bust for her size, is short, appears to have broad shoulders with equally wide hips, and a short waist.

Let's do our part for international relations! What do you think? (and the pantsuit is out). :tongue2:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

« Reply #1460 on: July 14, 2017, 12:33:08 am »
@Frank Cannon @Wingnut Okay guys, I think we've identified the problem, but what is the solution? What sort of outfit do you think would look good on her? She has a fair sized bust for her size, is short, appears to have broad shoulders with equally wide hips, and a short waist.

Let's do our part for international relations! What do you think? (and the pantsuit is out). :tongue2:

@Smoken Joe...who the hell do you think I am...Ralph Lauren?  I am TBR's  Richard Blackwell!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 12:33:32 am by Wingnut »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1461 on: July 14, 2017, 12:40:49 am »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4693250/Melania-Trump-speaks-French-Paris-children-s-hospital.html#ixzz4ml2DMvPZ
C'est magnifique! Melania Trump dusts off her French during visit to Paris children's hospital
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #1462 on: July 14, 2017, 12:51:19 am »

Not everything is fixable, and since the Frogs are all into letting muslim filth take over I think this would be her best option....

....it's outreach to the local Parisians.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #1463 on: July 14, 2017, 01:08:06 am »

That's for her stylist, not me. She either needs to fire him/her if she wearing what's suggested, or listen to him/her if she's ignoring what's suggested. There are styles out there for all body types. She probably has a great figure, but you could never tell by those updated, feminized Mao dresses. Find the best part of the figure and play it up. That's why @Wingnut rock his bike shorts at every opportunity  :silly:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Wingnut

« Reply #1464 on: July 14, 2017, 01:10:56 am »
Find the best part of the figure and play it up. That's why @Wingnut rock his bike shorts at every opportunity  :silly:

I learned early to never wear white or grey bibshorts in the rain.....

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1465 on: July 14, 2017, 02:01:32 am »
@Frank Cannon  So true...    He was 14 and she was .....

(He was 15  888blackhat )   @Wingnut

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 02:13:15 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1466 on: July 14, 2017, 02:05:05 am »
(He was 15  888blackhat )   

Teachers in the US go to prison for this..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1467 on: July 14, 2017, 02:06:00 am »

It really doesn't matter what she wears she looks HOT in anything.

« Reply #1468 on: July 14, 2017, 02:07:42 am »
If you didn't know her, wouldn't you expect Melania to be saying "Ciao!" ?

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 02:11:12 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #1469 on: July 14, 2017, 02:08:38 am »

Pretty amazing.  And now she just takes her place on the global stage.  :whistle:

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 02:09:57 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #1470 on: July 14, 2017, 02:15:37 am »
I think @Right_in_Virginia nailed it earlier upthread before the pics- it is a bathing suit cover-up! Ol' chicken legs looks like osteoporosis walking. **nononono*

We chuckled all day in the office about the stunning cover-up. @austingirl    :laugh:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #1471 on: July 14, 2017, 02:34:48 am »

That's because in the US they're breaking the law. Age of consent in France is 15.

The moral and ethical issues of a person in authority seducing a junior are also not illegal outside the police or military - just very tacky.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 02:36:01 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1472 on: July 14, 2017, 05:07:42 am »
That's for her stylist, not me. She either needs to fire him/her if she wearing what's suggested, or listen to him/her if she's ignoring what's suggested. There are styles out there for all body types. She probably has a great figure, but you could never tell by those updated, feminized Mao dresses. Find the best part of the figure and play it up. That's why @Wingnut rock his bike shorts at every opportunity  :silly:
Look at the pic in post 1441. There is a lot of figure there, it just isn't very stretched out. She's overly subduing it, imho, and the impression is a stove pipe dress on thin legs. Blouse, short tapered jacket, mid calf skirt also tapered but with side slits at the bottom for movement, and I think it would show more figure without letting the curves run too wild or making her legs look excessively thin. (This from a straight guy who makes his living looking for oil in rocks. What do I know about fashion except that it is part illusion?)

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1473 on: July 14, 2017, 11:51:44 am »
Look at the pic in post 1441. There is a lot of figure there, it just isn't very stretched out. She's overly subduing it, imho, and the impression is a stove pipe dress on thin legs. Blouse, short tapered jacket, mid calf skirt also tapered but with side slits at the bottom for movement, and I think it would show more figure without letting the curves run too wild or making her legs look excessively thin. (This from a straight guy who makes his living looking for oil in rocks. What do I know about fashion except that it is part illusion?)

That's very scarily good, @Smokin Joe.  I'm a bit awed.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1474 on: July 14, 2017, 12:04:30 pm »
That's because in the US they're breaking the law. Age of consent in France is 15.

The moral and ethical issues of a person in authority seducing a junior are also not illegal outside the police or military - just very tacky.

Yeah, and the drinking age is lower too. I know that's a complaint from Europeans when they come over here. The kids can't drink here if they are under 21 but they can drink in their home countries.

Remember when it was legal at 18?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️