Author Topic: FLOTUS Fashion [Melania Only]  (Read 419136 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: FLOTUS Fashion
« Reply #1275 on: July 06, 2017, 01:46:18 am »
The news article I read stated the coast is suede and the shade of green is 'emerald' and with it she's wearing black patent leather heels.

I was thinking the coat is suede. Love suede. She looks mahvelous!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1276 on: July 06, 2017, 03:00:06 am »
Argh!  Why are the Kushner's attending?  Why wouldn't Trump be accompanied by Tillerson?

Ivanka looks ok; not really a fan of the pantsuit. By the article, the MSM loves her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4669284/Ivanka-Melania-Trump-chic-Poland.html
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 03:01:22 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Silver Pines

« Reply #1277 on: July 06, 2017, 03:11:51 am »
I want the purse....see ya in prison   :tongue2:

@mystery-ak

Lol, I already have someone coming with a nail file in a cake...we'll break out the big house.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1278 on: July 06, 2017, 12:03:55 pm »
Karsinski Square in Poland

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1279 on: July 06, 2017, 12:31:49 pm »

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 12:32:16 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #1280 on: July 06, 2017, 12:34:46 pm »

Online libertybele

« Reply #1281 on: July 06, 2017, 12:42:02 pm »

Online libertybele

« Reply #1282 on: July 06, 2017, 12:46:07 pm »
I'm not quite sure I'm a fan of the bold, large print, but Melania wears it well because of her height.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1283 on: July 06, 2017, 01:11:48 pm »
I'm not quite sure I'm a fan of the bold, large print, but Melania wears it well because of her height.

It's an interesting dress. It's starting to grow on me.

I've never seen the First Lady of Poland before. She's pretty..I like magenta. Blondes look good in that color.

Good morning @libertybele
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 01:12:34 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1284 on: July 06, 2017, 02:03:56 pm »

I'm not liking it...this is the first thumbs down I have given one of her outfits...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Silver Pines

« Reply #1285 on: July 06, 2017, 03:12:29 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

You'd be horrified if you saw me about town.  If it's summer and I'm going somewhere that shorts are appropriate, I usually wear shorter skirts than the one the girl is wearing.  They are often quite a bit shorter, actually. 

I also wear skorts as we often cycle to local restaurants or do a little shopping.  Skorts also work better than skirts at the local pub where we often get asked to partner with others to play cornhole.  I'm sure many here would be horrified to see me in my short, shorts; dressed Dos Equis in hand, wearing sandals to boot, corn holing.  ;)   :silly:

@anubias

I wasn't speaking about short length in clothing as a general thing.  Just that specific dress and how it looked to me in relation to the occasion and the wearer's body.

Silver Pines

« Reply #1286 on: July 06, 2017, 03:14:06 pm »
Argh!  Why are the Kushner's attending?  Why wouldn't Trump be accompanied by Tillerson?

Ivanka looks ok; not really a fan of the pantsuit. By the article, the MSM loves her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4669284/Ivanka-Melania-Trump-chic-Poland.html

The only thing I like about her outfit is the color.  Her legs look spindly.

Silver Pines

« Reply #1287 on: July 06, 2017, 03:17:05 pm »

Yeah, not my favorite.  Plus the fabric looks heavy.  She has a great colorist, though (hair).

Online libertybele

« Reply #1288 on: July 06, 2017, 05:18:31 pm »
I do like Ivanka's dress, but I'm not so sure that it's appropriate for a memorial service.

Silver Pines

« Reply #1289 on: July 06, 2017, 07:51:52 pm »
I'm beginning to think Ivanka needs some instruction on dressing appropriately...maybe from a good stylist.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1290 on: July 06, 2017, 07:56:01 pm »
I'm beginning to think Ivanka needs some instruction on dressing appropriately...maybe from a good stylist.
I have a feeling she's trying to do two things: Not be Melania, and to set style for her age group. Trying to be stylish, but avant garde at the same time.

She'll get the classical thing, sooner or later.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

« Reply #1291 on: July 06, 2017, 08:18:39 pm »
I have a feeling she's trying to do two things: Not be Melania, and to set style for her age group. Trying to be stylish, but avant garde at the same time.

She'll get the classical thing, sooner or later.

I think it might be better if someone helped her hit the mark sooner.

« Reply #1292 on: July 06, 2017, 08:30:57 pm »

I would have ended the dress with the pink panel and shortened that panel by two inches.    (In case Melania's wondering   ^-^ )  In this view I better see the orange is a belt.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1293 on: July 06, 2017, 08:32:22 pm »
LOL! They grow up at their own pace (or not), regardless.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #1294 on: July 06, 2017, 08:32:23 pm »

One of the first things Ivanka did after starting her WH position was hire a new stylist.   Money well spent.   :smokin:

@CatherineofAragon

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1295 on: July 06, 2017, 08:35:53 pm »

I would have ended the dress with the pink panel and shortened that panel by two inches.    (In case Melania's wondering   ^-^ )  In this view I better see the orange is a belt.
I think the overall effect is to optically lengthen her relatively short waist, which is not a bad effect, and still retain the shape of her figure, palimpsest as it is by the garment. It looks better in the wide shot than it does close up, because the effect is more readily seen.

C S Lewis

« Reply #1296 on: July 06, 2017, 08:41:55 pm »
Arriving in Germany:

« Reply #1297 on: July 06, 2017, 08:44:44 pm »

« Reply #1298 on: July 06, 2017, 08:51:19 pm »
I think the overall effect is to optically lengthen her relatively short waist, which is not a bad effect, and still retain the shape of her figure, palimpsest as it is by the garment. It looks better in the wide shot than it does close up, because the effect is more readily seen.

Agree ..  I actually think the proportions of the dress itself are off ... way to long and heavy at the bottom and the belt is too wide and long. @Smokin Joe

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln ...   :laugh:

But Melania seemed comfortable in it and was all smiles. 

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1299 on: July 06, 2017, 09:06:06 pm »
Agree ..  I actually think the proportions of the dress itself are off ... way to long and heavy at the bottom and the belt is too wide and long. @Smokin Joe

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln ...   :laugh:

But Melania seemed comfortable in it and was all smiles.
With the heels, the effect is to put torso to leg length at near parity. It might be just a tad long, but this is a somewhat formal setting (Not black tie but getting up there). Narrow the bottom two panels on the skirt by an inch and a half, maybe two inches, and I think it would have been perfect. The skirt would have draped to be even in width with her shoulders.

C S Lewis