Author Topic: FLOTUS Fashion [Melania Only]  (Read 419120 times)

Silver Pines

Re: FLOTUS Fashion
« Reply #1025 on: June 20, 2017, 10:54:36 pm »
I don't know whether to be grateful or disappointed. I guess since I'm at work I should do something that resembles that.

@bigheadfred

Lol, probably wise.

Silver Pines

« Reply #1026 on: June 20, 2017, 10:56:15 pm »
The bump doesn't match the rest of her body, though. When I think Spanx, I think all over control. Plus, she's the kind of gal that stays in shape.

@goodwithagun

Oh, you can be in shape and still benefit from Spanx.  You don't have to be overweight.  Most women have an area somewhere they need to smooth out. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #1027 on: June 20, 2017, 10:59:32 pm »
Flip-flops, called "sandals" here are all about what area one lives.  I lived close to @CatherineofAragon at one time.  While there, I didn't wear them.  I also broke both my ankles and feet wearing heels to the point that I can no longer wear heels due to the risk of tearing the screws out of my feet.  God knows what god-awful shoes I'd have to wear if I lived there now.  Boots, grandma shoes, and sneakers year round I suppose.

In hot climes, everyone wears them.  Women in high heels at the mall or sitting on the restaurant patio look foolish here unless dressed in work attire. They're often referred to as "hookin' shoes" in this area if they're high, flashy, and worn at a place that calls for casual attire.

Yeah, but there are a lot of shoe options for hot weather if you don't want to wear flip-flops, and a huge amount of territory in between them and heels.

Did you live in central Virginia, @anubias?

Silver Pines

« Reply #1028 on: June 20, 2017, 11:00:32 pm »
Exactly.  What's with all the anti-flip-flop elitists on this thread?

-ducking-

@Sanguine

See?  It's a controversial opinion, lol.

And that's elitist globalist, thank you very much.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #1029 on: June 21, 2017, 12:00:15 am »
No flipflops?! I just bought the cutest pair of Wonder Woman Havaianas in Melbourne Beach last week. Love them! I'm wearing them now while sitting on my from porch, drinking wine, yelling at the kids to go back to bed, and listening to the nuns across the street play volleyball to "Cotton-eyed Joe."
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1030 on: June 21, 2017, 12:19:07 am »
No flipflops?! I just bought the cutest pair of Wonder Woman Havaianas in Melbourne Beach last week. Love them! I'm wearing them now while sitting on my from porch, drinking wine, yelling at the kids to go back to bed, and listening to the nuns across the street play volleyball to "Cotton-eyed Joe."

Now, that's how you do flip-flops with class!

Offline anubias

« Reply #1031 on: June 21, 2017, 12:23:09 am »

Yeah, but there are a lot of shoe options for hot weather if you don't want to wear flip-flops, and a huge amount of territory in between them and heels.

Did you live in central Virginia, @anubias?

I lived in Forest at one time. 
@CatherineofAragon
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 03:36:41 pm by anubias »

Online libertybele

« Reply #1032 on: June 21, 2017, 12:26:42 am »

I missed it.  National Flip Flop day was actually June 16th.  It's held the 3rd Friday in June every year ... I didn't know!

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 12:27:03 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1033 on: June 21, 2017, 12:30:58 am »

I missed it.  National Flip Flop day was actually June 16th.  It's held the 3rd Friday in June every year ... I didn't know!

I missed it too. I have Friday's off. I could have partied for three whole days last weekend. NFF on Friday. Wedding anniversary on Saturday. Father's Day on Sunday.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

« Reply #1034 on: June 21, 2017, 12:42:01 am »
I do have a flip flop/sandal pet peeve though.  I see sooooo many women whose toes and/or heels hang off the end.  I guess  there's no closed part of the shoe to hurt their feet, so they buy that size 7 that their huge size 11 feet would normally never fit it.

I certainly agree.  Wearing ill-fitted flip-flops looks tacky.  When wearing flip-flops one's toes should be manicured and polished, feet clean and heels soft and buffed!!  My pet-peeve is seeing women (as well as men) who have overgrown toenails.  Another pet-peeve is chipped polish and dirty feet.  Really?  Those flip-flops were made to show off a well manicured foot!  I love getting a pedicure ... I've been going to the same nail tech for years...soak, trim, scrub, buff, massage, paraffin treatment, and 3 coats of polish! So relaxing!!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 12:45:39 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1035 on: June 21, 2017, 06:31:33 pm »
Melania stepping out for a quiet dinner with the Pence's.  Not sure if this is the same dress that she wore in Rome.  It's beautiful though.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #1036 on: June 22, 2017, 12:08:43 am »
Love the dress.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1037 on: June 22, 2017, 12:21:14 am »
Love the dress.

I do too; one can't help but notice the large rock on her finger as well!

Silver Pines

« Reply #1038 on: June 22, 2017, 12:38:34 am »
I lived in Forest at one time. 
@CatherineofAragon

@anubias

Oh, that's very close.  I'm halfway between Lynchburg and Appomattox.  Forest has really grown; it's very congested now.  But that's becoming the way around here in general.

Silver Pines

« Reply #1039 on: June 22, 2017, 12:39:24 am »

@libertybele

Lord help us, lol....

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #1040 on: June 22, 2017, 12:42:57 am »
Exactly.  What's with all the anti-flip-flop elitists on this thread?

-ducking-

Don't get me started. Flip flops are tangible evidence of evil.

Silver Pines

« Reply #1041 on: June 22, 2017, 12:50:45 am »
I certainly agree.  Wearing ill-fitted flip-flops looks tacky.  When wearing flip-flops one's toes should be manicured and polished, feet clean and heels soft and buffed!!  My pet-peeve is seeing women (as well as men) who have overgrown toenails.  Another pet-peeve is chipped polish and dirty feet.  Really?  Those flip-flops were made to show off a well manicured foot!  I love getting a pedicure ... I've been going to the same nail tech for years...soak, trim, scrub, buff, massage, paraffin treatment, and 3 coats of polish! So relaxing!!

@libertybele

I agree; I always have a good pedicure.  I do it myself---the germphobe in me doesn't like salons---but I get all of the supplies at Sally Beauty.  Sounds like you've found a good nail tech.  My nail polish collection is out of hand.

I wore these today, with the following pedi polish:

Silver Pines

« Reply #1042 on: June 22, 2017, 12:51:42 am »
Melania stepping out for a quiet dinner with the Pence's.  Not sure if this is the same dress that she wore in Rome.  It's beautiful though.

This is one of my favorites.  It's gorgeous.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1043 on: June 22, 2017, 12:52:54 am »
Don't get me started. Flip flops are tangible evidence of evil.

Au contraire!  Evil?  Really??  Now see, I think there is a distinct difference between what I used to call 'thongs' (rubber flip-flops) and flip-flops, then you have the wedge-flip-flops, jeweled and bedazzled flip-flops, and the sandal type flip flops. With a pedicure, they look very nice on as long as they match the outfit!

Online libertybele

« Reply #1044 on: June 22, 2017, 12:54:35 am »
@libertybele

I agree; I always have a good pedicure.  I do it myself---the germphobe in me doesn't like salons---but I get all of the supplies at Sally Beauty.  Sounds like you've found a good nail tech.  My nail polish collection is out of hand.

I wore these today, with the following pedi polish:

Love the shoes; way too cute!!   888high58888

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1045 on: June 22, 2017, 01:15:19 am »

The perfect black pump.   ^-^

« Reply #1046 on: June 22, 2017, 01:18:21 am »

This is one of my favorites.  It's gorgeous.
And it was on sale @CatherineofAragon    :laugh:

President Donald Trump and Melania were on their way to dinner at the Naval Observatory, where Vice President Mike Pence and his wife, Karen, live. While Melania’s dress is on sale on Farfetch, it’s still pricey at $1,498, marked down from $2,995.

http://footwearnews.com/2017/fashion/celebrity-style/melania-trump-wears-on-sale-dolce-gabbana-dress-378804/

Silver Pines

« Reply #1047 on: June 22, 2017, 01:29:21 am »
And it was on sale @CatherineofAragon    :laugh:

@Right_in_Virginia

Well....definitely a good reduction, but I'm still going to have to pass, lol.

« Reply #1048 on: June 22, 2017, 02:03:18 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

Well....definitely a good reduction, but I'm still going to have to pass, lol.

I put it on my Bucket list.  @CatherineofAragon   LOL!   :laugh:

Offline anubias

« Reply #1049 on: June 22, 2017, 02:16:48 am »
@anubias

Oh, that's very close.  I'm halfway between Lynchburg and Appomattox.  Forest has really grown; it's very congested now.  But that's becoming the way around here in general.

@CatherineofAragon

I can't imagine. It was rural and quiet when we lived there. Loved it and hated to leave. Only place we lived over the years where the schools were excellent.  I did not have to homeschool at all there. Wish we were still there honestly.