Author Topic: FLOTUS Fashion [Melania Only]  (Read 419057 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: FLOTUS Fashion
« Reply #1000 on: June 20, 2017, 12:30:41 am »
@Frank Cannon

Please don't say flip-flops.  I get triggered.

I hear ya sister.

Silver Pines

« Reply #1001 on: June 20, 2017, 10:54:45 am »

Silver Pines

« Reply #1002 on: June 20, 2017, 10:55:57 am »
I hear ya sister.

@Frank Cannon

I'm glad somebody does.  I thought I was alone in the world.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #1003 on: June 20, 2017, 11:09:06 am »
@Frank Cannon

Nope. Wearing flop flops is revolting. That skhhhhwhop, skhhhhwop sound like someone spanking velcro ..... ew!
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1004 on: June 20, 2017, 11:29:19 am »
Omg! I like that dress. And  I could totally carry it off too!

And I only wear flip flops at home. Never in public.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1005 on: June 20, 2017, 11:34:33 am »
@Frank Cannon

You are alone in the world. But thanks for including me in your little fantasy.

Flip Flops Are Destroying the Planet

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/12/africa/flip-flops-pollution-ocean-sole/index.html
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Silver Pines

« Reply #1006 on: June 20, 2017, 11:49:58 am »
Nope. Wearing flop flops is revolting. That skhhhhwhop, skhhhhwop sound like someone spanking velcro ..... ew!

@EC

I just can't stand it.  I know we're in the minority.  I've heard women say they have to wear them because they want to show off their pedicure.  Well sure, me too, but there are these wacky things called SANDALS, and they've been around for a while.

Silver Pines

« Reply #1007 on: June 20, 2017, 11:52:39 am »
Omg! I like that dress. And  I could totally carry it off too!

And I only wear flip flops at home. Never in public.

@Freya

Yup, IMO the beach is the only public place for them, and even then, lol...

Silver Pines

« Reply #1008 on: June 20, 2017, 12:01:28 pm »
You are alone in the world. But thanks for including me in your little fantasy.

Flip Flops Are Destroying the Planet

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/12/africa/flip-flops-pollution-ocean-sole/index.html

@bigheadfred

You made me type a post I had to think about and backspace out of.  The pic at the top of that article...ugh.

Just googled "I hate flip flops "....there was an article: "Put A Shoe On, You Slob."  Lol

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #1009 on: June 20, 2017, 12:20:18 pm »

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #1010 on: June 20, 2017, 12:27:32 pm »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #1011 on: June 20, 2017, 12:35:06 pm »
That skhhhhwhop, skhhhhwop sound ....

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1012 on: June 20, 2017, 01:27:09 pm »
Michelle Obama’s Colorful Sundress Is Just What Your Closet Needs This Season
Yahoo, Jun 16, 2017

Since leaving the White House in January, Michelle Obama has stayed relatively quiet and deprived us of her almost daily power-dressing inspiration.
No, she's busy still scolding us for our eating habits and activity level.
In a fitness rut? Michelle Obama has some workout motivation for you, sharing photos of her "perfect plank" on Instagram.

*****rollingeyes*****
I knew you guys secretly wanted to look down her shirt.  :thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1013 on: June 20, 2017, 01:28:49 pm »
@bigheadfred

You made me type a post I had to think about and backspace out of.  The pic at the top of that article...ugh.

Just googled "I hate flip flops "....there was an article: "Put A Shoe On, You Slob."  Lol

I don't know whether to be grateful or disappointed. I guess since I'm at work I should do something that resembles that.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Silver Pines

« Reply #1014 on: June 20, 2017, 01:29:16 pm »
Ummmm, baby bump, anybody?

@goodwithagun

I just think she needs Spanx.  Someone should suggest it to her.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #1015 on: June 20, 2017, 02:18:52 pm »
@goodwithagun

I just think she needs Spanx.  Someone should suggest it to her.

The bump doesn't match the rest of her body, though. When I think Spanx, I think all over control. Plus, she's the kind of gal that stays in shape.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1016 on: June 20, 2017, 07:08:12 pm »
I'll weigh in on the flip-flop scene.  I wear them at one point or another on a daily basis. I have several different pairs in different colors by L.L. Bean with an arch support.  I live in them.  I reside in a subtropical climate in  southern Florida and live on the water where the temperature right now is in the mid 90's and during the winter months the temperature varies; but most people around here live in their flip-flops.  In fact, it is not uncommon for people here to wear flip-flops year round.  No, can't wear them to work of course.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1017 on: June 20, 2017, 07:12:29 pm »
The dress is not the problem   :nometalk: ......

I do like the dress.  However, I would pick navy or white heels  to wear with it.  Can't help but notice the caboose on Michael!  :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline anubias

« Reply #1018 on: June 20, 2017, 07:29:37 pm »
I do like the dress.  However, I would pick navy or white heels  to wear with it.  Can't help but notice the caboose on Michael!  :silly:

What's with the brown weave or wig or whatever the hell it is?  At least it somewhat matches the shoes that don't match the dress.

As for the caboose, one can't help see it in that unflattering pic.  It's gargantuan.  Meanwhile libs are claiming she's the pinnacle of style in this photo.

Offline anubias

« Reply #1019 on: June 20, 2017, 07:32:38 pm »
Absolutely, I grew up in Jupiter and we all wore flip flops all the time.  There is a way to walk in them that they don't make that obnoxious noise.  I will say, the last time I was in Jupiter we were at a bait & tackle shop on our way out fishing and saw a woman come out of the donut shop next door (Mrs. Murphy's for anyone following the Southern Donut thread)  with no shoes on.  I was shocked, but then remembered when Jupiter was just a tiny little beach town it was not unheard of to go into the convenience store or other small shops like that and see people with no shoes, usually coming from or going to the beach.

I wear them as well during the summer in the Texas heat and no, they don't make noise.  "Sandals" with a strap are to wear tubing in the river to prevent their loss.  We call them "river shoes".  LOL 

Offline anubias

« Reply #1020 on: June 20, 2017, 07:42:05 pm »
I'll weigh in on the flip-flop scene.  I wear them at one point or another on a daily basis. I have several different pairs in different colors by L.L. Bean with an arch support.  I live in them.  I reside in a subtropical climate in  southern Florida and live on the water where the temperature right now is in the mid 90's and during the winter months the temperature varies; but most people around here live in their flip-flops.  In fact, it is not uncommon for people here to wear flip-flops year round.  No, can't wear them to work of course.

Flip-flops, called "sandals" here are all about what area one lives.  I lived close to @CatherineofAragon at one time.  While there, I didn't wear them.  I also broke both my ankles and feet wearing heels to the point that I can no longer wear heels due to the risk of tearing the screws out of my feet.  God knows what god-awful shoes I'd have to wear if I lived there now.  Boots, grandma shoes, and sneakers year round I suppose.

In hot climes, everyone wears them.  Women in high heels at the mall or sitting on the restaurant patio look foolish here unless dressed in work attire.  They're often referred to as "hookin' shoes" in this area if they're high, flashy, and worn at a place that calls for casual attire.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1021 on: June 20, 2017, 07:46:36 pm »
I wear them as well during the summer in the Texas heat and no, they don't make noise.  "Sandals" with a strap are to wear tubing in the river to prevent their loss.  We call them "river shoes".  LOL

Exactly.  What's with all the anti-flip-flop elitists on this thread?

-ducking-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1022 on: June 20, 2017, 09:44:13 pm »
Her >ahem< bustle is the reason that profile shots of her were relatively rare when she was FLOTUS.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1023 on: June 20, 2017, 09:44:38 pm »
Exactly.  What's with all the anti-flip-flop elitists on this thread?

-ducking-
They don't do good in snow.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #1024 on: June 20, 2017, 10:43:35 pm »
Ok, Michelle wasn't exactly the picture of grace and she obviously has a firm foundation upon which to rest.  But(t) to be fair, she is obviously just getting out of the vehicle in that picture -- her left foot hasn't quite touched down yet.  It's a classic awkward moment.