Author Topic: FLOTUS Fashion [Melania Only]  (Read 419136 times)

Offline Polly Ticks

Re: FLOTUS Fashion
« Reply #825 on: June 05, 2017, 02:57:57 pm »
Love the statue!   :laugh:

888high58888

She fits right in, doesn't she?   :laugh:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online libertybele

« Reply #826 on: June 05, 2017, 04:36:57 pm »
I wish Melania had worn her hair up .... with those diamond earrings.

Yeppers, it would have made her look more elegant.  With her hair down and the gown washing her out, to me she looks tired or maybe she doesn't feel good.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline anubias

« Reply #827 on: June 05, 2017, 05:39:19 pm »
Yeppers, it would have made her look more elegant.  With her hair down and the gown washing her out, to me she looks tired or maybe she doesn't feel good.

Looks like something to curl up on the sofa for movie night.  Hair up would have given it a grecian flair that would have helped somewhat.

She's gorgeous in anything, of course. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #828 on: June 05, 2017, 08:50:50 pm »
Ivanka and Jared on their way to the Ford Theater Gala:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #829 on: June 05, 2017, 08:54:48 pm »
Ivanka and Jared on their way to the Ford Theater Gala:

Good God. She is insane.

Online libertybele

« Reply #830 on: June 06, 2017, 12:01:30 am »
Good God. She is insane.

888high58888  What the heck is she wearing?  A peasant skirt? Looks like something you'd wear to the stables; certainly looks out of place next to a tux.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #831 on: June 06, 2017, 02:23:36 am »
Ivanka's dress looks like something our former First Michael might have worn. Ugly get-up.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 02:30:14 am by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #832 on: June 06, 2017, 11:27:56 am »
  What the heck is she wearing?  A peasant skirt? Looks like something you'd wear to the stables; certainly looks out of place next to a tux.
Naah, a peasant skirt would have been made out of muslin (like the Hilldebeaste's wedding dress, as you may recall), but still not a pretty dress!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Silver Pines

« Reply #833 on: June 06, 2017, 12:13:17 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

I like that pic.  The dress...it's not my favorite, but somehow it flows nicely on her in a Grecian kind of way.  I do think that particular color washes out anyone who wears it.

Silver Pines

« Reply #834 on: June 06, 2017, 12:15:04 pm »
Good God. She is insane.

@Frank Cannon

Ivanka misses the mark a lot.  I don't has the fashion instinct Melania has.

I really hate the chunky heels.

« Reply #835 on: June 06, 2017, 12:41:31 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

I like that pic.  The dress...it's not my favorite, but somehow it flows nicely on her in a Grecian kind of way.  I do think that particular color washes out anyone who wears it.

I LOL when I saw that pic of Melania's shoe.  I thought it must have been taken just for us!

I agree... I'm not sure this is Melania's best color, although all the photos available seem to be from cell phones taken in very bad lighting.  But, again, I do wish she had worn her hair up ... it would have better suited the dress AND shown her beautiful face. (Her hair's getting a little too long)  Maybe next time she'll call me before she leaves.   :laugh:

@CatherineofAragon

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #836 on: June 06, 2017, 12:50:45 pm »
@Frank Cannon

Ivanka misses the mark a lot.  I don't has the fashion instinct Melania has.

I really hate the chunky heels.

Chunky heels are for garden parties or back yard BBQ's, not some Gala at the Lincoln. It is also weird because the shoes she pedals are not chunky.....and the dress looks like it was cobbled together with some old farmers worn out bandanas. The sleeves suck too.

Silver Pines

« Reply #837 on: June 06, 2017, 03:02:53 pm »
I LOL when I saw that pic of Melania's shoe.  I thought it must have been taken just for us!

I agree... I'm not sure this is Melania's best color, although all the photos available seem to be from cell phones taken in very bad lighting.  But, again, I do wish she had worn her hair up ... it would have better suited the dress AND shown her beautiful face. (Her hair's getting a little too long)  Maybe next time she'll call me before she leaves.   :laugh:

@CatherineofAragon

@Right_in_Virginia

As someone who likes long hair, I do agree that hers needs to be trimmed a bit.  And yes...it would have looked better in an upsweep here.

Somebody forward her this link so she can take notes, lol.

Online libertybele

« Reply #838 on: June 06, 2017, 03:03:35 pm »
Ok ..here's Ivanka in a $35 dress from Target.  I say it's an improvement!

Silver Pines

« Reply #839 on: June 06, 2017, 03:03:52 pm »
Chunky heels are for garden parties or back yard BBQ's, not some Gala at the Lincoln. It is also weird because the shoes she pedals are not chunky.....and the dress looks like it was cobbled together with some old farmers worn out bandanas. The sleeves suck too.

@Frank Cannon

I think she's trying to hard to be avant-garde and eclectic in her style, and the end result is that she comes off looking like a jerk half the time.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #840 on: June 06, 2017, 03:20:22 pm »
@Frank Cannon

I think she's trying to hard to be avant-garde and eclectic in her style, and the end result is that she comes off looking like a jerk half the time.

LOL. You got that summed up 100%.

« Reply #841 on: June 06, 2017, 04:54:06 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

As someone who likes long hair, I do agree that hers needs to be trimmed a bit.  And yes...it would have looked better in an upsweep here.

Somebody forward her this link so she can take notes, lol.

Great idea @CatherineofAragon    :beer:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #842 on: June 06, 2017, 05:57:38 pm »
Some site - MSN or Yahoo, don't remember which - is trying to say the Target dress is some sort of negative message from Ivanka to Melania. Good grief.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #843 on: June 06, 2017, 08:03:53 pm »
Some site - MSN or Yahoo, don't remember which - is trying to say the Target dress is some sort of negative message from Ivanka to Melania. Good grief.
Even if it is, so what? Melania is at a different 'pay grade': she's first lady.

No matter how anyone pans Ivanka's avant garde garb, I still think it is generally better than the former White House daughters. It appeals more to a younger set, who are not going to show up every day in formal wear and who can't afford designer clothes. By wearing a 50 dollar dress she sets a trend for those on a more strict budget--better than ratted out (at the factory) designer jeans, imho. Her legs are thinner, too, and heels don't do a lot for the shape because of that. Wider heels are more stable for someone who hasn't had decades of wearing narrow ones, so, all in all, the look is balanced for a young woman, although a little casual for a formal occasion.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

« Reply #844 on: June 07, 2017, 01:13:41 am »
Looks like hubby wasn't the only one who got heavier in Europe.

@Rivergirl

Meh.  I don't think women need concave bellies.  It's nothing a little Spanx wouldn't hide, and everybody wears Spanx.

Silver Pines

« Reply #845 on: June 07, 2017, 01:15:48 am »

@Frank Cannon

Omg, for a second I thought that really was her on the left.  As for the right...I think I'm triggered.

Silver Pines

« Reply #846 on: June 07, 2017, 01:16:25 am »

I like it.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #847 on: June 07, 2017, 01:36:16 am »

Good Lord.  Is that one on the right from the Cthulhu Collection?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #848 on: June 07, 2017, 01:37:14 am »
I like it.

I do, too.  Her shoes are cute.

Silver Pines

« Reply #849 on: June 07, 2017, 01:55:55 am »
Good Lord.  Is that one on the right from the Cthulhu Collection?

@Polly Ticks

Lmao