Author Topic: FLOTUS Fashion [Melania Only]  (Read 419131 times)

Silver Pines

Re: FLOTUS Fashion
« Reply #775 on: May 30, 2017, 10:58:19 pm »
The greatest disservice they did to the world, along with the people who wrote all that stuff about how wonderful she looked, is that they managed to convince a large number of ladies that they would look fabulous in tight stretch pants who, in fact, do not. Not even close. Not only are the people of Walmart affected, but the aftereffects linger on the streets of towns across the country.

@Smokin Joe

I have several pairs of black boot-cut yoga pants that I wear around the house, but I won't wear them out.  That's lazy dressing.  Of course, summer is slob season, so it wouldn't much matter, but I still won't do it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #776 on: May 30, 2017, 11:00:57 pm »
@Smokin Joe

I have several pairs of black boot-cut yoga pants that I wear around the house, but I won't wear them out.  That's lazy dressing.  Of course, summer is slob season, so it wouldn't much matter, but I still won't do it.

Same here.  There's just some things we don't need to share with other people.

Silver Pines

« Reply #777 on: May 30, 2017, 11:02:59 pm »
Same here.  There's just some things we don't need to share with other people.

Yep.  Yoga pants are revealing even though they cover you up.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #778 on: May 30, 2017, 11:08:19 pm »
I have a lot of pairs I wear around the house...since I am a chubette I would NEVER wear them in public...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Silver Pines

« Reply #779 on: May 30, 2017, 11:12:35 pm »
I have a lot of pairs I wear around the house...since I am a chubette I would NEVER wear them in public...

I saw a girl today wearing tight spandex pants and a top that looked like an exercise bra.  She was considerably overweight, and the rolls were hanging out everywhere.  Also, a considerable part of her was covered with tattoos.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #780 on: May 30, 2017, 11:18:51 pm »
I saw a girl today wearing tight spandex pants and a top that looked like an exercise bra.  She was considerably overweight, and the rolls were hanging out everywhere.  Also, a considerable part of her was covered with tattoos.

I love the white spandex on overweight people..lol.....why do they buy them and don't they have mirrors?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Silver Pines

« Reply #781 on: May 31, 2017, 12:37:35 am »
I love the white spandex on overweight people..lol.....why do they buy them and don't they have mirrors?

I think they want to flaunt their "curves", lol.  I don't get people these days.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #782 on: May 31, 2017, 01:14:40 am »
I think they want to flaunt their "curves", lol.  I don't get people these days.
I have nightmares about a pair of those I saw walking along with a brown line down the middle in back...only they were stretch pants and not spandex (I don't think). I didn't investigate more closely... :nometalk:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 01:16:15 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #783 on: May 31, 2017, 03:38:20 pm »

There's no room in their trailers for mirrors.

Alternate answer:

They are using their mirrors to cut drugs.

Wingnut

« Reply #784 on: May 31, 2017, 03:54:45 pm »
I have nightmares about a pair of those I saw walking along with a brown line down the middle in back...only they were stretch pants and not spandex (I don't think). I didn't investigate more closely... :nometalk:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #785 on: June 01, 2017, 12:20:13 am »

Online libertybele

« Reply #786 on: June 02, 2017, 12:17:16 am »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #787 on: June 02, 2017, 12:21:24 am »
Sorry, but I don't see that as a flattering outfit. Maybe it is the wind, but in the image on the left with her hair blown to the side I keep thinking of the blue outfit Erdogan's wife had on... I hope it was comfortable, and maybe it would look better under different circumstances.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #788 on: June 02, 2017, 01:15:10 am »
Sorry, but I don't see that as a flattering outfit. Maybe it is the wind, but in the image on the left with her hair blown to the side I keep thinking of the blue outfit Erdogan's wife had on... I hope it was comfortable, and maybe it would look better under different circumstances.

I like the color, but don't much care for the style.  Made me think of this:

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #789 on: June 02, 2017, 01:18:27 am »

I think it might be a picture angle issue.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #790 on: June 02, 2017, 01:20:42 am »

At first this disgusted me. Then I realized we used the same concept when our babies pooped while sitting in the Bumbo or exersaucer.  :silly:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #791 on: June 02, 2017, 01:27:53 am »
At first this disgusted me. Then I realized we used the same concept when our babies pooped while sitting in the Bumbo or exersaucer.  :silly:

:beer:

I learned pretty early on with my first child that it really doesn't pay to buy cheap diapers.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

« Reply #792 on: June 02, 2017, 01:27:58 am »
To combat the hot 30 degree Saudi Arabian heat, Melania, 47, wore a full length light green dress with sheer cape detailing, but the unexpected winds as she boarded the plane almost caused a wardrobe malfunction.

Her arms were visible through the thin material but the rest of the outfit gave little away as it skimmed over her flawless figure.

The First Lady accessorised with a long gold pendant necklace and wore her hair in loose waves.

She said her goodbyes to the Saudi Arabian people before boarding Air Force One at King Khalid International Airport in Riyadh.

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/style/807587/Melania-Trump-news-First-Lady-fashion-wardrobe-malfunction-dress-Saudi-Arabia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QMhBd-Nt94

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #793 on: June 02, 2017, 03:46:40 am »
:beer:

I learned pretty early on with my first child that it really doesn't pay to buy cheap diapers.
Every once in a while that waist seal is very important. Important enough to try to ensure it exists at all times...

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #794 on: June 02, 2017, 10:46:33 pm »
I think it might be a picture angle issue.

I like the pastel color and it looks like it would be very comfortable for the long ride home. 

Here's a you tube video of her in the dress --- definitely not one of my favorites.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BfSuKcOVG0
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 10:52:25 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Silver Pines

« Reply #795 on: June 02, 2017, 11:09:02 pm »
I'm not a pastel fan, and the dress isn't my favorite, but it is sort of "desert chic."

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #796 on: June 02, 2017, 11:19:14 pm »
I like it. Flows well on her.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

« Reply #797 on: June 02, 2017, 11:48:50 pm »
I'm not a pastel fan, and the dress isn't my favorite, but it is sort of "desert chic."

It is desert chic  ^-^

I like the color, too.  Too bad it was so windy.

Online libertybele

« Reply #798 on: June 04, 2017, 02:22:42 am »
...hmmm.... things are quiet in here.  Waiting for Melania's next duty as FLOTUS to see what she wears.  Anyone know of any upcoming events?

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #799 on: June 04, 2017, 11:17:52 am »
Flag Day?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️