Author Topic: FLOTUS Fashion [Melania Only]  (Read 419258 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: FLOTUS Fashion
« Reply #525 on: May 23, 2017, 06:01:51 pm »
Arrival in Rome:

Offline Millee

« Reply #526 on: May 23, 2017, 06:06:30 pm »
Arrival in Rome:

Pretty coat, but she does not look happy. 

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #528 on: May 23, 2017, 06:12:27 pm »
Hate that we have sullied our beautiful thread with pics of 'She that will not be named'.

OTOH, the contrast is so 'slap-in-the-face' striking.   ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #529 on: May 23, 2017, 06:14:56 pm »

Damn!   What did @mystery-ak say?

That actually brings a tear to MY eye!    ^-^   

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #530 on: May 23, 2017, 06:32:28 pm »
There are now two video clips of Melania pushing Donald's hand away.  Thoughts?  I don't think there has been a whole lot of warmth between the two of them; that was obvious at the inauguration when he left her far behind in meeting with the Bammy's. I think he's trying to hold her hand for appearances sake and she's refusing to play the game.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/22/politics/melania-trump-hand-swat-israel/

http://gizmodo.com/president-trump-lands-in-rome-gets-rejected-by-melania-1795472694

The one coming out of the airplane was obviously just bad timing - he reached for her hand right when she was reaching with the hand NOT on the handrail to push her hair out of her eyes. 

The other one looked to me like he was trying to hurry her along more than trying to hold her hand, and she didn't much appreciate it.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #531 on: May 23, 2017, 06:35:48 pm »
Hate that we have sullied our beautiful thread with pics of 'She that will not be named'.

I thought the same but wanted to show the contrast in FLOTUS.....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #532 on: May 23, 2017, 06:36:59 pm »

QFT
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

« Reply #533 on: May 23, 2017, 06:47:13 pm »
Departing Saudi Arabia yesterday:

« Reply #534 on: May 23, 2017, 07:01:19 pm »
The one coming out of the airplane was obviously just bad timing - he reached for her hand right when she was reaching with the hand NOT on the handrail to push her hair out of her eyes.   

@Polly Ticks

I think Melania prefers not to hold hands when descending the stairs .... her concentration is on not tripping, especially in those heels.  I think the President is the same way, even w/o heels  ^-^.

It's just fine for them to walk down the stairs side by side (w/o falling) and then hold hands, if able to and greet people.

I do wish people would stop with this already ... this video (posted 2x before) didn't receive any comments .... and they held hands throughout it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf3yCY_AXs0

Or this one .. which is very cute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s9_zx-CkiE

I do wish people would just leave them alone.  :shrug:

« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:07:21 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #535 on: May 23, 2017, 07:04:07 pm »
I do wish people would just leave them alone.   :shrug:

Same. They have their way of being together, it works for them. End of.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #536 on: May 23, 2017, 07:16:12 pm »
@Polly Ticks
I do wish people would just leave them alone.  :shrug:

Yes, it's just silly nit-picking.

Even if she were shrugging him off, it doesn't mean diddly-squat.  Sometimes, especially in a crowd, my personal bubble of space expands and I don't want ANYBODY touching me.  That doesn't mean I don't love my husband, just that I don't want to hold his hand at that particular moment in time.  The world doesn't collapse and my marriage isn't over because of it.

Anyway, back to the topic -- she has looked lovely for the whole trip to date.  I'm looking forward to additional photos!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #537 on: May 23, 2017, 07:22:34 pm »
I thought the same but wanted to show the contrast in FLOTUS.....
Compare and contrast, indeed! :laugh:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #538 on: May 23, 2017, 07:32:24 pm »
No he doesn't look at it again.. It a mortar joint in the brick.

@Smokin Joe
Well not a mortar joint, but you're right, not a cigarette either. Sure looked like one at first, though. (That sneak, he changed hands! :silly:)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #539 on: May 23, 2017, 07:36:21 pm »
Mooch's latest fashion

:facepalm2:

That could be the subject of a caption contest.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #540 on: May 23, 2017, 07:39:44 pm »
Keep posting images like that and I'm bringing Irina back as an antidote.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #541 on: May 23, 2017, 08:03:03 pm »
Keep posting images like that and I'm bringing Irina back as an antidote.
Eyewash, mate! Quick, get the eyewash!

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #542 on: May 23, 2017, 09:43:36 pm »
Yes, it's just silly nit-picking.

Even if she were shrugging him off, it doesn't mean diddly-squat.  Sometimes, especially in a crowd, my personal bubble of space expands and I don't want ANYBODY touching me.  That doesn't mean I don't love my husband, just that I don't want to hold his hand at that particular moment in time.  The world doesn't collapse and my marriage isn't over because of it.

Anyway, back to the topic -- she has looked lovely for the whole trip to date.  I'm looking forward to additional photos!

Nit-picking?  The President and First Lady are always under the microscope.  It's obvious they aren't a happy couple....take a look .... how sad!!

https://www.indy100.com/article/melania-trump-donald-inauguration-45th-president-united-states-viral-gif-7542816
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #543 on: May 23, 2017, 10:06:52 pm »
Nit-picking?  The President and First Lady are always under the microscope.  It's obvious they aren't a happy couple....take a look .... how sad!!
Well, @libertybele  let's remember we were spoiled by this show of unrestrained love and happiness ---- it's tough to match. 

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #544 on: May 23, 2017, 10:58:26 pm »
Well, @libertybele  let's remember we were spoiled by this show of unrestrained love and happiness ---- it's tough to match. 

Did you have to post that???? :silly:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #545 on: May 23, 2017, 11:01:43 pm »
Pretty coat, but she does not look happy.

That looks like her normal face. I guess you have never heard of RBF (Resting Bitch Face). She does it awesome.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/03/health/resting-bitch-face-research-irpt/

« Reply #546 on: May 23, 2017, 11:10:47 pm »
That looks like her normal face. I guess you have never heard of RBF (Resting Bitch Face). She does it awesome.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/03/health/resting-bitch-face-research-irpt/ 

Fascinating tidbit from the (long) article:
Cultural differences and gender bias may play a role in people's perception of RBF. "Eastern European people are seen as very stoic and not showing a lot of emotion and ... a lot of the people touted as having RBF are women," Macbeth said.

Offline anubias

« Reply #547 on: May 23, 2017, 11:28:25 pm »
That didn't look like RBG to me.  Her eyes dart to her right as if someone said something that displeased her from that direction.  Maybe the guy next to her farted.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 11:28:47 pm by anubias »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #548 on: May 23, 2017, 11:33:22 pm »
Departing Saudi Arabia yesterday:

Perhaps the picture is a bit blurry, or maybe it's just me ... but these look like Melania and Donald look-a-likes??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #549 on: May 23, 2017, 11:33:30 pm »

https://www.indy100.com/article/melania-trump-donald-inauguration-45th-president-united-states-viral-gif-7542816
Would you be happy if you had to move into a neighborhood populated with crooks and thieves? And that's just the Congress! While the White House is nice, it likely doesn't feel like home for her, and with the press yapping all the time, it has to be tedious already.

C S Lewis