Author Topic: FLOTUS Fashion [Melania Only]  (Read 419177 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: FLOTUS Fashion
« Reply #200 on: April 28, 2017, 04:42:58 pm »

Silly earrings worn at an important international gala does little support the serious image she needs to be successful @DCPatriot

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #201 on: April 28, 2017, 05:25:47 pm »
@Frank Cannon

The other one in the red dress doesn't have much shape, though.  Skinny legs, and the dress is kind of hanging on her.

Yeah, but that old dude is no prize.....other than he looks rich. If you are that guy that woman is a score.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #202 on: April 28, 2017, 05:31:13 pm »
I'd wear that thing to death.  If I could afford it, that is, which of course I couldn't, lol.

Good news for you. It's still available....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4452446/Melania-Trump-wears-edgy-military-inspired-suit.html

Fashion face-off! First Lady Melania Trump makes a statement in a $4,100 military-inspired suit as the Argentine president's wife wears heels by the brand that is SUING Ivanka's fashion line

The First Lady joined President Donald Trump at the White House on Thursday to meet with Argentine President Mauricio Macri and his wife Juliana Awada
    The 47-year-old donned a military-inspired jacket and matching skirt from the Altuzarra Spring 2017 runway collection
    The designer's 'Feday' gabardine military jacket with python-print piping costs a whopping $2,995, while the matching skirt retails for $1,120
    Juliana donned a fire-engine red pencil dress featuring a peplum design at her hips
    Argentina's First Lady appeared to be channeling Kate Middleton, as the Duchess of Cambridge has worn a similar red Alexander McQueen frock on numerous occasions
    Juliana wore $695 pumps by Aquazzura, the same brand that is suing Trump's eldest daughter Ivanka Trump, claiming she ripped off its designs

BTW, I blew the shoes. They're Manolos. I thought I saw the stamp on the sole where Jimmy Choo usually is.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #203 on: April 28, 2017, 05:38:09 pm »
Ms. happy face is in the background again. Not sure who she is (assuming security detail), but her expression remains intense. I hope she gets to smile on her time off.

Who is the bust? (the one on the table).

Good one!!   :silly: :silly:  I believe the must might be MLK Jr.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #204 on: April 28, 2017, 05:41:21 pm »

Her earrings look like some costume jewelry you'd get at a garage sale.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #205 on: April 28, 2017, 05:45:07 pm »
:beer:

I'm pretty sure my mother-in-law tried to give me a whole shoebox full of things that looked a whole lot like those earrings several years ago, now that you mention it.

Then again, I'm also pretty sure Ivanka's didn't come from Avon.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Millee

« Reply #206 on: April 28, 2017, 05:46:11 pm »

Those look painful too. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #207 on: April 28, 2017, 07:10:52 pm »
Yeah, but that old dude is no prize.....other than he looks rich. If you are that guy that woman is a score.

@Frank Cannon

That's a point.  But for her sake, I hope Trump set out an all-you-can-eat buffet.

Silver Pines

« Reply #208 on: April 28, 2017, 07:12:37 pm »
Good news for you. It's still available....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4452446/Melania-Trump-wears-edgy-military-inspired-suit.html

Fashion face-off! First Lady Melania Trump makes a statement in a $4,100 military-inspired suit as the Argentine president's wife wears heels by the brand that is SUING Ivanka's fashion line

The First Lady joined President Donald Trump at the White House on Thursday to meet with Argentine President Mauricio Macri and his wife Juliana Awada
    The 47-year-old donned a military-inspired jacket and matching skirt from the Altuzarra Spring 2017 runway collection
    The designer's 'Feday' gabardine military jacket with python-print piping costs a whopping $2,995, while the matching skirt retails for $1,120
    Juliana donned a fire-engine red pencil dress featuring a peplum design at her hips
    Argentina's First Lady appeared to be channeling Kate Middleton, as the Duchess of Cambridge has worn a similar red Alexander McQueen frock on numerous occasions
    Juliana wore $695 pumps by Aquazzura, the same brand that is suing Trump's eldest daughter Ivanka Trump, claiming she ripped off its designs

BTW, I blew the shoes. They're Manolos. I thought I saw the stamp on the sole where Jimmy Choo usually is.

@Frank Cannon

Your skills are slipping!  What's wrong with you?

Yeah, that's juuust a little more than I can pay for a suit, LOL.  But damn I love it.

Silver Pines

« Reply #209 on: April 28, 2017, 07:14:46 pm »
Notice how the fashion industry who were going to boycott Melania are all silent now?  Latest polls show the people love Melania across the board. She really comes off as kind and caring.

I better the ones who boycotted wish they did not not.

Ivankas clothing line sales increased 10,700% in one year!!!

P.S. all you gals crack me up..what is it with shoes?

@mirraflake

Yeah, they have the attention span of gnats.  They were on to something else as soon as they stopped yapping.

The shoe question...I can't come up with a rational answer, lol.

« Reply #210 on: April 28, 2017, 07:30:25 pm »
@Frank Cannon

That's a point.  But for her sake, I hope Trump set out an all-you-can-eat buffet.

ROFL @CatherineofAragon      :silly:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #211 on: April 28, 2017, 08:06:34 pm »
@Frank Cannon

The other one in the red dress doesn't have much shape, though.  Skinny legs, and the dress is kind of hanging on her.
Using my well trained North Dakota 'winter eye' (the one that discerns whether that is a thin girl in a thick parka versus a thick girl in a thin parka), she does have a decent shape, but the dress does not enhance it, and the heels stretch her appearance to make it seem even less. I'm still holding out for the swimsuit competition...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #212 on: April 28, 2017, 08:09:35 pm »
Silly earrings worn at an important international gala does little support the serious image she needs to be successful @DCPatriot
IIRC, the heavy ones are always on the right side. Maybe it reminds her to not tilt her head.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #213 on: April 28, 2017, 10:01:46 pm »

They sure do ... but the price I've seen for them is $640.  Hope she loses these.   :laugh:

« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 10:02:21 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #214 on: April 28, 2017, 10:13:08 pm »
They sure do ... but the price I've seen for them is $640.  Hope she loses these.   :laugh:

Ok. I like them. I'd wear them, but you all know I'm a bit goofy.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

« Reply #215 on: April 28, 2017, 11:05:08 pm »
"Live" fashion video from today (fast forward is your friend  ^-^):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kgpb2c-9Y0

« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 11:11:44 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #216 on: April 28, 2017, 11:17:31 pm »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #217 on: April 28, 2017, 11:27:16 pm »
If Ivanka keeps wearing those earrings her ear lobes will be on her shoulders..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #218 on: April 28, 2017, 11:42:30 pm »

Despite the disparity in ballast, her head is still leaning to the right. Perhaps that's to compensate for the extra weight on the left, or maybe she needs more weight on that side?

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #219 on: April 28, 2017, 11:48:58 pm »
If Ivanka keeps wearing those earrings her ear lobes will be on her shoulders..
"Gauge ready"...

or not.

I had a granddaughter who started wearing those things. I talked her out of it. I think her ear lobes will close up completely, but they will never quite look the same. Something about the idea of being 60 and having meat loops dangling from her ears did it...

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #220 on: April 29, 2017, 12:04:44 pm »
From yesterday's news.

Love the dress, love the shoes. Love the way she interacts with the children..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4457374/Melania-dedicates-healing-garden-children-s-hospital.html

Loving the new FLOTUS.

(I hope someone can screen grab these photos. My computer is going into the Genius Bar this weekend)
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #221 on: April 29, 2017, 03:41:43 pm »
I can't recall ever seeing the First Lady ever smiling. She usually rolls with one of the best Resting Bitch Faces ever....

« Reply #222 on: April 29, 2017, 04:21:51 pm »
I can't recall ever seeing the First Lady ever smiling. She usually rolls with one of the best Resting Bitch Faces ever....
If she knew you @Frank Cannon I'm sure Melania would think you are adorable.   ^-^

Offline flowers

« Reply #223 on: April 29, 2017, 04:32:59 pm »

It is so refreshing to see a genuine smile from a first lady.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #224 on: May 02, 2017, 03:22:56 am »
An article of interest.....

Melania Trump's winning outfits in her first 100 days as FLOTUS

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/celebrities/article/Melania-Trump-s-winning-outfits-in-her-first-100-11109307.php#photo-12790146

President Trump has completed his first 100 days in office.

While questions about the wall, trade deals, and Russia are buzzing, we thought we'd give Melania Trump a moment to shine.

Although not much can be said about the FLOTUS' performance in her first 100 days, (until she moves into the White House) Mrs. Trump has easily become a style icon.

Much like Jackie Kennedy, Betty Ford, and Michelle Obama, Melania Trump knows what is most flattering on her and what will make an impression.

Being no stranger to high end fashion, Mrs. Trump wears skirt suits, pantsuits, and flowing coats with ease. She could very well end up being the most fashionable First Lady since Jackie O.

The former model has also showed up to important government events wearing probably, the tallest heels of any first lady. The 47-year-old already stands at 5 feet 11 inches.