Author Topic: Ivanka may have convinced her dad to bomb Syria  (Read 994 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Ivanka may have convinced her dad to bomb Syria
« on: April 09, 2017, 12:40:11 am »
First Daughter Ivanka Trump’s intervention may have tipped the balance in her father’s decision to ­order Friday’s strike on a Syrian air base.

A memo from Britain’s ambassador to Washington, Sir Kim Darroch, to Prime Minister Theresa May made the point that Ivanka’s concern was a “significant influence in the Oval Office,” according to The Sunday Times of London....

http://nypost.com/2017/04/08/ivanka-may-have-convinced-her-dad-to-bomb-syria/

Online libertybele

Re: Ivanka may have convinced her dad to bomb Syria
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 12:45:19 am »
So....I'm wondering if this was before or after Hillary's words of wisdom on Syria?   :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 10:28:52 pm »
I sincerely doubt this.  Trump makes his own decisions, but I'm still not convinced we had any real national interests in doing it.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 10:45:53 pm »
I sincerely doubt this.  Trump makes his own decisions, but I'm still not convinced we had any real national interests in doing it.

Trump is malleable and easily influenced

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 10:47:39 pm »
A dozen monkeys may have worked long and hard to right this article. Since when did half-baked conjecture become news?
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline edpc

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 11:02:54 pm »
Trump is malleable and easily influenced

I think he's petulant and reactionary, as demonstrated by his tweeting habits, but nobody makes him do anything.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 11:04:08 pm »
A dozen monkeys may have worked long and hard to right this article. Since when did half-baked conjecture become news?

All depends on whether a story with unnamed sources makes Trump look good or bad as to whether those monkeys are deemed credible or not.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 12:09:24 am »
All depends on whether a story with unnamed sources makes Trump look good or bad as to whether those monkeys are deemed credible or not.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the case.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 12:13:13 am »
I think he's petulant and reactionary, as demonstrated by his tweeting habits, but nobody makes him do anything.

Nobody says he was made to do anything.  But I think it has been pretty well established that Ivanka has sway with convincing him...which is what the story claims. 
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 01:56:05 am »
Nobody says he was made to do anything.  But I think it has been pretty well established that Ivanka has sway with convincing him...which is what the story claims.

Yes, but I was responding directly to another member who considers him malleable and my interpretation of the word is not particularly nuanced.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 02:15:58 am »

He did exactly what Hillary Clinton suggested just hours before.  They are like minded, he, Hillary and his family.  Liberal all of them.

Isn't it funny but nobody is talking about Trumps Russian connections anymore.  And he sure didn't do enough damage to close the runways.  What if Trump and Putin conspired to stop the talk?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2017, 03:38:01 am »
Reminds me of the time when Obama backtracked and said his daughter changed his views regarding gay marriage. 

Offline ABX

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2017, 02:58:00 pm »
Donald Trump's decision to bomb Syria was influenced by his daughter, Ivanka, being "heartbroken and outraged" at the country's alleged chemical weapons attack, one of the president's sons told a British newspaper.

The president launched 59 cruise missiles at a Syrian government air base he alleged was involved in a chemical weapons attack that killed dozens of civilians last week.

Trump's 33-year-old son, Eric, told The Daily Telegraph on Monday that the strike was influenced in part by Ivanka, who he said was "heartbroken and outraged" by the chemical attack.....

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/eric-trump-says-syria-strike-was-swayed-heartbroken-ivanka-n745021?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Offline ABX

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2017, 03:24:15 pm »

In this case, it isn't an unnamed source or conjecture from someone outside the circle. Eric Trump confirmed it.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,258069.0.html

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2017, 04:09:25 pm »

Offline JannTosh

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2017, 05:26:06 pm »
This is awful. Ivanka needs to stay the hell out of the White House

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2017, 05:28:12 pm »
Why?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

geronl

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2017, 05:34:32 pm »
This is just a sad statement on this country

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2017, 05:46:08 pm »
Oy.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline edpc

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2017, 09:09:51 pm »
Wow - on another thread, I had dismissed the idea and I was dead wrong.   :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2:

Offline edpc

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2017, 09:14:04 pm »
In this case, it isn't an unnamed source or conjecture from someone outside the circle. Eric Trump confirmed it.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,258069.0.html

Yep.  Saw that on the other thread and admitted I was wrong.  I'm sure all of his advisors are bemused and frustrated.

Silver Pines

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2017, 01:02:59 pm »
This isn't surprising.  Kellyanne Conway already said that Ivanka helped Trump choose his VP.