Author Topic: Manhunt underway for suspect who stole a ‘large quantity’ of guns and sent 161-page manifesto to Trump  (Read 1654 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
A manhunt is underway Friday for a Janesville, Wis. man police say stole a large quantity of guns, threatened schools and sent a 161-page manifesto to Donald Trump, WISN 12 reports.

32-year-old Joseph Jakubowski has “made threats to steal weapons and to use them against public officials or at an unspecified school,” the Rock County sheriff’s office said. Janesville police Chief David Moore said he should be considered “armed and dangerous.”

Police say the suspect robbed The Armageddon Gun Shop on Tuesday evening, stealing at least 16 high-end firearms. Chief Moore told reporters Jakubowski—who’s had previous run-ins with the law—frequently expresses anti-government rhetoric. Moore called that “a new element for all of us,”

“I can tell you that we don’t know where Mr. Jakubowski is,” Moore said. “He could be around Janesville. He could be around Rock County. He may not even be in Wisconsin.”

Janesville is the hometown of Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (R-WI).

Video at link: http://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/manhunt-underway-for-suspect-who-stole-a-large-quantity-of-guns-and-sent-161-page-manifesto-to-trump/
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Suppressed

I hate to tell you, Dude, but Donald Trump won't read 161 pages, no matter how well written!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I hate to tell you, Dude, but Donald Trump won't read 161 pages, no matter how well written!

LOL

Offline Cripplecreek

@EC

Somebody was helping this guy. The video of him was taken by someone with him. Apparently he hates everybody with any kind of authority.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/manhunt-underway-gun-store-robbery-suspect-manifesto-trump/story?id=46662668

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Not good. May he be found quickly and dealt with appropriately.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mountaineer

The Armageddon Gun Shop?   *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
What's his FreeRepublic username?

Offline Cripplecreek

What's his FreeRepublic username?

Can't be. Sounds like he hates Trump along with everybody else.

Offline NavyCanDo

Very disturbing indeed. I dont think he will go through the  trouble of making and sharing that video without following through on his threat and making it as horrific as he possibly can. Praying our LEOs find him first.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

The scarry thing is the whole nation will know what was written in it, with the highlites read on the nightly news, if he does carry out some horrific mass murder. He's not going through all this trouble to have his manifest go unread.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

The Armageddon Gun Shop?   *****rollingeyes*****

Thinking the same thing you are.....Who names a gun shop that?

Offline Suppressed

Perhaps a co-conspirator?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline NavyCanDo

Perhaps a co-conspirator?

No, i was thing more in the line of a slightly off subscriber to Soldier Of Fortune Magazine.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
His manfesto:
“It’s really a long laundry list of injustices that he believes the government and society and the upper class have put forward on to the rest of the citizens,” Spoden said. “It’s just an overview that he feels that the government — and law enforcement in particular — are acting as terrorists and are enslaving the people and creating this environment that he finds unacceptable.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-stole-guns-agitated-government-runs-loose-article-1.3033280

So that tells us a little something but now is no time to play the blame game, this is a dangerous character and hopefully he can be found before anyone is seriously hurt or killed. I don't think that has happened yet.

Online mountaineer

My gun shops of choice are Ace Sporting Goods and 2nd Amendment Sports, but what do I know?  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

geronl

16 ain't that many.

anyway...

Armageddon Gun Shop?

geronl

I hope it has a concise cover letter, bringing it all down to no more than 7 bullet points. lol.

Offline Cripplecreek

Its been nearly a week since he did this.

The longer he goes without doing anything the more likely he'll be caught.

Offline goatprairie

He'll just ask for the bullet points. (rim shot) Hey, I'm here all day folks. 22222frying pan

Offline NavyCanDo

Seriously, why isnt this story getting more attention? I've seen it mentiioned one time on the news, and local news at that, and it was only a quick mention. This should be at the boston bombers level of aattention, with everyone knowing the face.   It is like the media is wishing for a domesric terror attack to happen.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Seriously, why isnt this story getting more attention? I've seen it mentiioned one time on the news, and local news at that, and it was only a quick mention. This should be at the boston bombers level of aattention, with everyone knowing the face.   It is like the media is wishing for a domesric terror attack to happen.

You are right, it does seem to be mostly local news networks and blogs.
http://www.bing.com/news/search?q=Joseph+Jakubowski&qpvt=Joseph+Jakubowski+&FORM=EWRE

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
One of the stories say the man had a friend at the post office, do they know who this friend is?

Person who looks like Janesville wanted man spotted in Darlington: Police

http://www.nbc15.com/content/news/Darlington-Police--418759634.html

Not much. Well, the Boston bombers set off a bomb in the middle of a big sports event.

The stories are not all that clear, I assume when this Jakubowski stole the guns, they broke in after it was closed. I don't think anyone has been hurt yet but I could be wrong.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Perhaps it is not mentioned, since the narrative is that of a leftist terrorist?

The Unabomber lasted for years, in a sparsely region of Montana.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Just_Victor

I hope it has a concise cover letter, bringing it all down to no more than 7 bullet points. lol.

The whole thing best not exceed 140 characters.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.