Author Topic: Trump’s Options for North Korea Include Placing Nukes in South Korea  (Read 747 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The National Security Council has presented President Trump with options to respond to North Korea's nuclear program — including putting American nukes in South Korea or killing dictator Kim Jong-un, multiple top-ranking intelligence and military officials told NBC News. ....

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-s-options-north-korea-include-placing-nukes-south-korea-n743571

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
I wonder what the Chinese would say to that?
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I wonder what the Chinese would say to that?

Or the Russians. Vladivostok right across the Sea of Japan not far away.

Offline Rivergirl

The thought of placing nukes in South Korea will impact the upcoming election.  One side wants to move towards China and away from US.  The other side wants to remain on the side of the US.  There is much sentiment against placing nukes in that country.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The South Koreans probably have the requisite technology and ability to develop nuclear weaponry on their own, without the assistance of the United States.

Actually, I'm surprised they haven't done so -- although S.Korea may be a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

That may be the only thing holding them back.
I wouldn't be surprised if they have some of the planning already in place (clandestinely done).

Offline Mom MD

The South Koreans probably have the requisite technology and ability to develop nuclear weaponry on their own, without the assistance of the United States.

Actually, I'm surprised they haven't done so -- although S.Korea may be a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

That may be the only thing holding them back.
I wouldn't be surprised if they have some of the planning already in place (clandestinely done).

If they are smart they are like Japan - they have all the pieces of a nuke but just havent done the final assembly.  Technically don't have nukes but could have them in hours or days....  If I were in their neighborhood I would trust no one for my security, least of all the US.  Every four years they are an election away from being on their own. Obama shattered our allies confidence in the US being their protector.   Israel as well, and they live in a worse neighborhood.  Fortunately for Israel they have a higher source of protection than the US.
God is still in control