Author Topic: BREAKING: Rick Perry added to National Security Council’s core decision-makers  (Read 1128 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BREAKING: Rick Perry added to National Security Council’s core decision-makers

Philip Jankowski American-Statesman Staff

1:23 p.m Wednesday, April 5, 2017 Statesman Homepage

Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry has been added to a core group within the National Security Council in a shakeup of members announced on Wednesday.

Perry, the secretary of energy, was one of several officials added to the principals committee, the primary group of policy-makers for national security.

Steve Bannon, President Donald Trump’s chief strategist, was removed from the principals committee.

Perry, who served as Texas governor from 2000 to 2015, was confirmed as energy secretary in March.

The change emerged in a memo made public on the federal register on Wednesday.

more
http://www.statesman.com/news/local/breaking-rick-perry-added-national-security-council-core-decision-makers/zWCr3g9ZZhCTCn3380KOhI/

*****rollingeyes*****
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

The headline is scary

Offline Frank Cannon

Does Perry even know what the NSC is?

geronl

Maybe it's that other department he wanted to abolish, like the Dept of Energy...

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Know it?  He can't even spell it.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 08:08:30 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline corbe

Don't sell this Aggie Short.   

Energy (Independence) is Vital to this Country's Life Blood, This is a good pick, especially since it's a replacement for Bannon.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline anubias

If the NSC ever needs somebody that has buddies to build a bazillion toll roads, Perry will be their man.

Offline corbe

If the NSC ever needs somebody that has buddies to build a bazillion toll roads, Perry will be their man.

maybe with his new found power, he'll advocate for a Texas Company to build Toll roads in Spain, with Gardasil dispensers at each Rest stop. @anubias
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15

Energy (Independence) is Vital to this Country's Life Blood, This is a good pick, especially since it's a replacement for Bannon.
Yep. Good choice in my book.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

geronl

he'll make sure we all have a giant wind turbine in the backyard

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Rick Perry is one who knows how to get things done! He's already moving up the ladder.

Offline anubias

maybe with his new found power, he'll advocate for a Texas Company to build Toll roads in Spain, with Gardasil dispensers at each Rest stop. @anubias

:silly:

Offline libertybele

I agree.  Perry successfully ran one of the largest economies in the world.  There are some issues that I don't agree with him on, but all in all; he's a good pick.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

:silly:

Sorry...fail to see the humor.  We're talking about our nation's security and I think Perry will do well in this role.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Rick Perry, outstanding governor of Texas for many terms .... please, Frank.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Rick Perry, outstanding governor of Texas for many terms .... please, Frank.

Or ... as MSNBC put it, Rick Perry-contestant in Dancing with the Stars.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Sorry...fail to see the humor.  We're talking about our nation's security and I think Perry will do well in this role.

Me neither.  It is not something to make cheap jokes about.  Rick Perry might well have been president if things had been a little different in 2012.  I trust him.

Texas has a good governor now but Perry was one of the best.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

he was not selected for Energy Independnce.

He was selected as the DOE controls the nuclear material in this country.

That is a National Security issue.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline corbe

he was not selected for Energy Independnce.

He was selected as the DOE controls the nuclear material in this country.

That is a National Security issue.

I can't refute your Valid point @IsailedawayfromFR but my point remains, if even in a historical perspective.

President Carter established the DOE not to take care of our nuclear stockpiles/arsenal but to free the US from Energy Dependence/OPEC and very few people in this Country are better suited for that than someone that has guided Texas through the Fracing Boom/Bust, that is our ticket away from OPEC and that whole quagmire know as the ME.

geronl

I agree.  Perry successfully ran one of the largest economies in the world.  There are some issues that I don't agree with him on, but all in all; he's a good pick.

The Texas Governor doesn't run the economy

Offline corbe

2. America’s second largest state economy—Texas—produced $1.65 trillion of economic output in 2014, placing it just slightly behind the world’s 11th largest country by GDP—Canada—with $1.78 trillion of economic output.

Surpassed only by California

http://www.newsweek.com/if-new-york-spain-and-california-brazil-what-texas-344702

I can't refute your Valid point @IsailedawayfromFR but my point remains, if even in a historical perspective.

President Carter established the DOE not to take care of our nuclear stockpiles/arsenal but to free the US from Energy Dependence/OPEC and very few people in this Country are better suited for that than someone that has guided Texas through the Fracing Boom/Bust, that is our ticket away from OPEC and that whole quagmire know as the ME.
All you say is true. I am a retired oil industry engineer so know it well.  We need secure domestic cheap energy always, but the ideologue Carter got it wrong: we will never be energy independent.  All we can do is reduce the amount imported, which diminishes OPEC's control over us and allies.

That is indeed helpful to our National Security, but pales to the need to manage our nuclear material we have now, spent fuel, and plans to obtain more. @corbe
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

One more reason to have the Energy Sec be more involved in Nat Security matters.  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,257356.0.html

He brings a lot more to the table than 'Absolutely nothing' regarding National Security.

@corbe @txradioguy