Author Topic: Bannon out, Rick Perry in as Trump reshuffles National Security Council  (Read 620 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Bannon out, Rick Perry in as Trump reshuffles National Security Council
By Alex Daugherty
WASHINGTON

Rick Perry was named to the National Security Council in a memo released on Wednesday, putting the secretary of energy and longtime Texas governor into Donald Trump’s inner circle for national security decisions.

The decision was part of a larger reshuffling of the NSC announced in a notice published in the federal register that announced a new principals committee for the group.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article142865064.html#storylink=cpy

Offline Suppressed

While I'm glad Bannon is out, it's just amazing how unstable this Administration is.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Bannon should have never been there in the first place. 

IMHO he'll be lucky to celebrate being on the staff for a year.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Glad that error was corrected. A guy who's sole job is political spin shouldn't be within a mile of National Security decisions.

Why Perry though? He's a decent enough guy, got good form as a governor, but what's he bring to the table security wise?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Glad that error was corrected. A guy who's sole job is political spin shouldn't be within a mile of National Security decisions.

Why Perry though? He's a decent enough guy, got good form as a governor, but what's he bring to the table security wise?

Absolutely nothing.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline libertybele

Absolutely nothing.

He would be strong at helping to implement and oversee border security.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Absolutely nothing.
you must really hate that guy.

As Energy Sec, he controls the nuclear material in this country.  In fact, that is DOE's main concentration.

Would you believe that is not a national security matter?

How do we know, maybe the intelligence agencies have some near-misses with terrorists getting hands on some.

Seems good that Energy Sec gets directed this way rather than the past academic idiots who wanted more solar panels.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
you must really hate that guy.

As Energy Sec, he controls the nuclear material in this country.  In fact, that is DOE's main concentration.

Would you believe that is not a national security matter?

How do we know, maybe the intelligence agencies have some near-misses with terrorists getting hands on some.

Seems good that Energy Sec gets directed this way rather than the past academic idiots who wanted more solar panels.

He was an ok Governor.  Forced the implementation of mandatory HPV vaccinations on 12 y/o girls statewide. Some other less than Conservative things he did in our state as well.

Plus those of that have paid attention to Texas politics have never forgotten that he started out as a Dem and was the Texas Chair for ManBearPig in 1988.

I've already pointed out that nuclear energy is a national security issue...whybit was in the thread about whether former Gov Goodhair should object to the ChiComs wanting to buy Westinghouse.

I believe my exact quote was "why is this even a discussion" ?

Anyone who has even a lick of sense about National Security wouldn't have to give opposing such a move a second thought.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

He was an ok Governor.  Forced the implementation of mandatory HPV vaccinations on 12 y/o girls statewide. Some other less than Conservative things he did in our state as well.

Plus those of that have paid attention to Texas politics have never forgotten that he started out as a Dem and was the Texas Chair for ManBearPig in 1988.

I've already pointed out that nuclear energy is a national security issue...whybit was in the thread about whether former Gov Goodhair should object to the ChiComs wanting to buy Westinghouse.

I believe my exact quote was "why is this even a discussion" ?

Anyone who has even a lick of sense about National Security wouldn't have to give opposing such a move a second thought.
while he was an ok governor, he certainly was not exceptional.  That goes with the turf for Aggies.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online corbe

Bannon threatened to quit if removed from National Security Council role: report

By Paulina Firozi - 04/05/17 10:04 PM EDT   

Chief White House strategist Stephen Bannon was unhappy with the decision to remove him from his role on the National Security Council and threatened to quit, according to a new report.

The New York Times reported Wednesday evening that Bannon “resisted the move,” and threatened to resign if the change was made. But the Times said his team has denied that he ever made such a threat.

Bannon, who led Trump’s campaign in its final months, was elevated in January to a position on the NSC principals committee, drawing widespread criticism that Trump was trying to politicize the council.

The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and director of national intelligence had their roles downgraded in the move.

National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster has now reversed some of those changes, a move that was approved by President Trump, according to a senior White House official.
The White House downplayed the change, insisting it was not a demotion for Bannon.

The New York Times also reported that the president was frustrated with the recognition Bannon was getting for his work on the Trump administration’s agenda and was unhappy with liberals calling his top adviser “President Bannon.”

The shifting roles also restored the Joint Chiefs chairman and intelligence directors roles as “regular attendees” of the principals committee on the NSC.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/327534-bannon-threatened-to-quit-if-removed-from-national-security-council
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

geronl

The New York Times also reported that the president was frustrated with the recognition Bannon was getting for his work on the Trump administration’s agenda and was unhappy with liberals calling his top adviser “President Bannon.”

don't steal my sunshine!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Hey Steve Bannon, HR McNasty is about to make you his bitch. Suck it down.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
While I'm glad Bannon is out, it's just amazing how unstable this Administration is.

Right.  I like Perry but Trumps poor choices leading to replacements has shown bad judgment.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.