Author Topic: The Russia scandal gets weirder and weirder  (Read 704 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
The Russia scandal gets weirder and weirder
« on: April 04, 2017, 04:03:08 pm »
By Jennifer Rubin April 4 at 11:30 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2017/04/04/the-russia-scandal-gets-weirder-and-weirder/?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.d5419c2f485c

As with so much else involving the Trump-Russia connection, one is compelled to ask: What?!?! A former senior intelligence official remarked to me, “This cannot possibly get more weird … right?” Umm, I wouldn’t be too sure.

I asked former CIA officer and independent presidential candidate Evan McMullin in a telephone interview Monday night about his reaction to the purported back channel. “It raises more questions as to why a transition team with so many documented connections to Russia would require another one — a secret one,” he said.

snip
-----------------------------------------------------------

Posted in the interest of a heads up for the desperate attempts to prop up the collapsing "scandal".

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: The Russia scandal gets weirder and weirder
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 04:14:33 pm »
By Jennifer Rubin April 4 at 11:30 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2017/04/04/the-russia-scandal-gets-weirder-and-weirder/?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.d5419c2f485c

As with so much else involving the Trump-Russia connection, one is compelled to ask: What?!?! A former senior intelligence official remarked to me, “This cannot possibly get more weird … right?” Umm, I wouldn’t be too sure.

I asked former CIA officer and independent presidential candidate Evan McMullin in a telephone interview Monday night about his reaction to the purported back channel. “It raises more questions as to why a transition team with so many documented connections to Russia would require another one — a secret one,” he said.

Yeah, like, the first question it raised should be "is this story actually true?"

Maybe the reason it's getting "weird" is there is such a lack of substance that people are pulling weird stuff out of the woodwork.

For this to truly be deserving of major-story status, there would have needed to be a showing of active collusion between Trump and the Russians, and there doesn't appear to be a shred of evidence supporting that.  So they're stuck trying to drag this story out in the hopes that alone will weaken Trump.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 04:23:38 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »