Author Topic: Senator Jon Tester Will Attempt to Filibuster Gorsuch  (Read 438 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senator Jon Tester Will Attempt to Filibuster Gorsuch
« on: April 03, 2017, 01:45:10 pm »
by Ken Klukowski2 Apr 2017Washington, DC597

WASHINGTON D.C. — Sen. Jon Tester (D-MT) opposes Judge Neil Gorsuch’s nomination to the Supreme Court, a decision that risks the ire of gun owners and other conservatives in deep-red Montana when Tester stands for reelection next year.

In a written statement, Jon Tester claimed that Gorsuch would be part of the spread of “dark money” and would inject the Court “between women and their doctors.”

He also criticized Gorsuch’s recognizing organizations as being capable of asserting legal rights.

Only three Democrats have backed Gorsuch so far. With Tester’s opposition, it becomes increasing likely that Republicans will need to resort to the constitutional option to fill the vacant Supreme Court seat.

more
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/04/02/senator-tester-will-attempt-to-filibuster-gorsuch/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Senator Jon Tester Will Attempt to Filibuster Gorsuch
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 02:32:56 pm »
This doesn't come as a surprise and it will be interesting to see if Gorsuch is actually seated.  From my understanding, right now there aren't enough votes to confirm him and it is questionable with even the nuclear option used, if they can push him through; there are a couple of RINO's whose vote could go the other way.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 02:39:37 pm »
This phoney is up for reelection in 2018.  I hope the local GOP is recruiting a good opponent.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 02:41:43 pm »
This phoney is up for reelection in 2018.  I hope the local GOP is recruiting a good opponent.
What is this GOP of which you speak?  :smokin:

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 02:48:33 pm »
Dear Crystal Ball - Tell me oh tell me why Tester has been made the sacrificial lamb of the Democrat Party?

Oh yes, I see now.  You say his plans for re-election were doomed anyway and a sweetheart deal has been struck.  Mr. Tester will be set for life.  Oh thank you Crystal Ball, you always have the answers.