Author Topic: Study finds young people increasingly defying expectations, embracing traditional gender roles  (Read 853 times)

rangerrebew

Study finds young people increasingly defying expectations, embracing traditional gender roles
By Emily Jashinsky (@emilyjashinsky) • 3/31/17 8:07 PM

A new study of high school seniors from the Council of Contemporary Families is raising eyebrows this week.

The results of the study, which analyzes the results of a survey that's tracked the opinions of high school seniors' for 40 years, suggest that young people are increasingly likely to support traditional gender roles in the home — a finding that seems surprising given society's increasingly progressive outlook on gender.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/study-finds-young-people-increasingly-defying-expectations-embracing-traditional-gender-roles/article/2619078
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 10:07:22 am by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
It's only surprising to those who can't remember being a kid or who don't have kids.

Kids do the opposite of their parents generation. Always have, always will. It's the one thing that keeps society more or less stable.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I remember when they started the crap about all "normal" boys and girls have homosexual feelings.

We were rural kids and at 12 or 13 years old we already knew what time of day is was so it didn't work. That's when they went to younger and younger kids.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I remember when they started the crap about all "normal" boys and girls have homosexual feelings.

We were rural kids and at 12 or 13 years old we already knew what time of day is was so it didn't work. That's when they went to younger and younger kids.

I had a psych class back in college when it was brought up according to Jung we all had crushes on the opposite sex during our teenage years and tnat was normal.

I've never had a crush per se on another woman- but in my teens and twenties, there were women I would admire and I would try to emulate them by the way they dressed, wore their hair, etc. I think most girls do this.

I've wanted to be a traditional girl all my life. Ive never wanted to be a man.
Except when I go to the theatre in NYC and I'm waiting on line to use the bathroom. Never enough stalls. You men go quick and the line is never as long....(sigh).

Why don't they put extra stalls in women's bathrooms?

And the time I was a kid and I tried to write my name in the snow. You men have that one beat.

But I wouldn't change being a girl ever. We are as we are made. Why mess with G-d?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
The other thing about gender surgery that scares me - what if you have it and you change your mind?

I don't think it can be reversed, despite that this happened for Mr.Garrison. (South Park )
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I had a psych class back in college when it was brought up according to Jung we all had crushes on the opposite sex during our teenage years and tnat was normal.

I've never had a crush per se on another woman- but in my teens and twenties, there were women I would admire and I would try to emulate them by the way they dressed, wore their hair, etc. I think most girls do this.

I've wanted to be a traditional girl all my life. Ive never wanted to be a man.
Except when I go to the theatre in NYC and I'm waiting on line to use the bathroom. Never enough stalls. You men go quick and the line is never as long....(sigh).

Why don't they put extra stalls in women's bathrooms?

And the time I was a kid and I tried to write my name in the snow. You men have that one beat.

But I wouldn't change being a girl ever. We are as we are made. Why mess with G-d?

It seemed rather abusive to me. They were taking kids in their early teens when they're most desperately seeking acceptance of their peers and telling them that "normal" boys and girls have homosexual thoughts. Looking back I recognize the deliberate attempt to manipulate us.

Its basic biology and sex ed could have been taught by a school nurse, an MD or our science teacher but instead they brought in a psychologist to teach us sex ed.

Offline roamer_1

Give a girl a stick, she'll make a doll. Give a boy a stick, he'll make a gun. The exceptions only prove the rule.

Offline roamer_1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl1uv6gB4hE