Author Topic: NY: A Community Mourns as Dansville Holds Memorial Service for Fallen Airman  (Read 318 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
A Community Mourns as Dansville Holds Memorial Service for Fallen Airman
By Alex Howard  Saturday, March 25, 2017 at 06:15 PM EDT

DANSVILLE, N.Y. -- In the wake of the death of Staff Sgt. Alexandria Gleason-Morrow, the community of Dansville came out in force to pay their respects to the fallen member of the United States Air Force.

She joined the Air Force just two days after graduating from high school in Dansville in 2009. Gleason-Morrow was killed in a non-combat related accident in Jordan earlier this week.

"How tragic this is, that she was taken from us before she could understand what her freedom meant, what her pursuit of happiness meant," said Jason Skinner, from the Department of Veterans Affairs. "I'm not really that surprised that there was such a big draw to be honest with you. I'm very pleased to see it, Even the rain and the cold, many people braved that to show support to this family."

Continued: http://www.twcnews.com/nys/rochester/news/2017/03/25/dansville-holds-memorial-service-for-fallen-airman.html
Livingston County Native, Active Air Force Member Killed in Non-Combat Related Accident
http://www.twcnews.com/nys/rochester/news/2017/03/23/alexandra-gleason-livingston-county-native-active-air-force-member-killed-overseas-non-combat-related-accident.html

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
RIP Staff Sargent. Thank you for your service. You and yours will be remembered in our prayers.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker

A weapons loader for aircraft...apparently there was an equipment malfunction and the weapon fell on her.

Leaves behind 2 babies and a husband.

Very well liked by her fellow "load toads".

RIP SSgt. Morrow
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.