Author Topic: Drexel Professor Tweets 'Trying Not to Vomit' After Soldier Given Seat on Airplane, Sparking Backlash  (Read 516 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Drexel Professor Tweets 'Trying Not to Vomit' After Soldier Given Seat on Airplane, Sparking Backlash
By Wire Reports and NBC10 Staff

A Philadelphia college professor is once again defending something he tweeted.

This time, Drexel University's George Ciccariello-Maher is defending his tweet that he was "trying not to vomit" after seeing a first-class passenger give up his seat to a soldier on a flight.

Drexel Prof Under Fire for 'White Genocide' Christmas Tweet

Ciccariello-Maher, who teaches politics at Drexel University, tweeted Sunday: "Some guy gave up his first class seat for a uniformed soldier. People are thanking him. I'm trying not to vomit or yell about Mosul." Ciccariello-Maher's account is private, but screenshots of his tweet were shared by others, many of whom were critical.

Ciccariello-Maher wrote on Facebook Thursday that he respects soldiers, but doesn't respect U.S. actions in Iraq. He wrote: "Maybe predictably, my tweet has since been fed into and misrepresented by the outrage machine that is right-wing media. Needless to say, my personal views expressed off-campus have absolutely nothing to do with those of my employer, Drexel University."

Read more: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Drexel-University-Professor-Vomit-Soldier-Tweet-417777293.html#ixzz4cxWKlsmM
Follow us: @nbcphiladelphia on Twitter | NBCPhiladelphia on Facebook

This is the same goofball with the "white genocide" remark; the good news, is this isn't some new character with such vile views.

Wiki entry on Drexel; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drexel_University

Offline goodwithagun

1. First class seat? This prof thinks way too much of himself.
2. Why is he Tweeting instead of teaching?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I guarantee you if this Marxist fool had any kind of power he'd be using those same soldiers as death squads to get rid of any and all unbelievers in his statist religion.
The Republic is lost.