Author Topic: Krauthammer: US 'may be ready' for government-run universal healthcare  (Read 523 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Krauthammer: US 'may be ready' for government-run universal healthcare

Conservative commentator Charles Krauthammer said the lasting effect of Obamacare, even if it does implode as Republicans predict, is that it may have led the public to embrace the idea of government-run universal healthcare.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/krauthammer-us-may-be-ready-for-government-run-universal-healthcare/article/2618997

Well duh. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
hey its free, whats not to like

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline DiogenesLamp

hey its free, whats not to like

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

It will become worth less than it costs.   The NHS and it's like have been killing people for decades.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
For every £2 earned above £100,000, £1 of the personal allowance is lost. This means for incomes between £100,001 and £120,000 the marginal income tax rate is 60%

If you like Brit style healthcare, you're gonna love Brit style taxation.  This is the price you'll pay for your 'right' to healthcare.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

And brought to you (in total, finally) by the Republican Party and Donald Trump.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 08:25:15 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline LMAO

If you think the debt is exploding now, wait until national healthcare arrives(if it does)
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

If I were so inclined, I'd bet not one of these fools understands the difference between health care and health insurance.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
For every £2 earned above £100,000, £1 of the personal allowance is lost. This means for incomes between £100,001 and £120,000 the marginal income tax rate is 60%

If you like Brit style healthcare, you're gonna love Brit style taxation.  This is the price you'll pay for your 'right' to healthcare.

Usually like Krauthammer and I did not hear him on this but it's wrong.  The same people who worship Obama and want the government to take care of everything .... even those people didn't like Obamacare because it DID NOT WORK.

And the healthcare plan submitted by Ryan/Trump didn't pass because it included too much Obamacare.

Another plan should be submitted soon ... a conservative plan.  Then we'll see more and we'll know more.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

And brought to you (in total, finally) by the Republican Party and Donald Trump.

I don't want to get the Mods het up, but that was one of your more ignorant comments ever.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
It was started in the 60's with Medicare and Medicaid. Been a long time coming.