Author Topic: Don’t Mock Mike Pence For Protecting His Marriage, Commend Him...By Mollie Hemingway  (Read 277 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Don’t Mock Mike Pence For Protecting His Marriage, Commend Him
Liberals were horrified to learn that Mike Pence doesn't dine alone with women who aren't his wife and doesn't drink if she's not around. They shouldn't be.

By Mollie Hemingway
March 30, 2017

Among the many norms broken by the media in the last year is the relative lack of profiles of the wives of the president and vice president. So it was nice to see a basic profile of Karen Pence, wife of Vice President Mike Pence, in the Washington Post. Even though Mrs. Pence holds political and religious views different from those held by most in the media, the article is mostly respectful of her as a person.

A problem arose when the story’s author marketed the piece on social media:

more
https://thefederalist.com/2017/03/30/dont-mock-mike-pence-for-protecting-his-marriage-commend-him/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Good article by an honest and very self aware writer.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Frank Cannon

Anyway, is Mike Pence a monster for not dining privately with women who are not his wife? What about not boozing it up at parties unless his wife is around?

Not only is he not a monster, he sounds like he’s a smart man who understands that infidelity is something that threatens every marriage and must be guarded against.

Bullshit. The only people who do this are people who have had trouble fighting their urges. I know some serious holy rollers and I have never heard of anything like this before. It is not part of being a Evangelical Protestant either. I do know people who have their wives hover because they had a habit of unzipping and swinging it around at the drop of a hat.