Author Topic: White House invites House, Senate intelligence committees to view spy documents  (Read 649 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

White House invites House, Senate intelligence committees to view spy documents
Washington Times, Mar 30, 2017,  S.A. Miller and Dave Boyer

The White House said Thursday that leaders of the House and Senate intelligence committees have been invited to the White House to view intelligence documents relevant to ongoing investigations.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer declined to specify what was in the documents but said that President Trump remains convinced that he and his associates were improperly targeted for surveillance by the Obama administration.

“There has been material that has come to light and we want to make sure the people conducting the investigation have access to it,” said Mr. Spicer.

He said letters were sent to the top Republican and Democrat on both House and Senate intelligence committees inviting them to come to the White House and view the classified material in a secure setting.

The committees are investigating Russian meddling in the election, whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia and allegations that the Obama administration spied on Mr. Trump and his associates.

More: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/30/white-house-invites-house-senate-intel-committee-v/?utm_source=RSS_Feedutm_medium=RSS

Offline r9etb

I think that to ask those questions is to answer them....

Fox News‏Verified account @FoxNews 24m24 minutes ago More
Happening Now: House Intelligence Committee Ranking Member @RepAdamSchiff arrives at White House to view intel reports.

Jennifer Jacobs‏Verified account @JenniferJJacobs 1h1 hour ago More
"I will not be able to discuss the content of anything I review," Adam Schiff says of trip to White House to see docs.