Author Topic: Trump Declares War on Freedom Caucus in New Tweet: ‘We Must Fight Them’  (Read 12782 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Mediaite by Jon Levine | 9:20 am, March 30th, 2017

Donald Trump escalated his simmering feud with the House Freedom Caucus with a new tweet Thursday morning. In the tweet, Trump urged fellow Republicans to rally against the recalcitrant Republican bloc.

“We must fight them,” Trump declared.

The Freedom Caucus will hurt the entire Republican agenda if they don’t get on the team, & fast. We must fight them, & Dems, in 2018!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 30, 2017

The Freedom Caucus played an integral role in derailing the Republican push to replace Obamacare with the American Health Care Act. The defeat served Trump with the first major legislative defeat of his presidency.

More:http://www.mediaite.com/online/trump-declares-war-on-freedom-caucus-we-must-fight-them/

Offline Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I love it!

Offline ConstitutionRose

Hence my reservations about the man.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Night Hides Not

Hence my reservations about the man.

So much for "The Art of the Deal".
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
What a piece of garbage.

Offline Cripplecreek

Offline NavyCanDo

Oh Lordy!
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Suppressed

He's delivering the goods. Those who counted on him being a liberal are getting what they expected.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 02:09:32 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline NavyCanDo

I love it!

Did the Freedom Caucus stand in the way because they love Obamacare, or because  Trumpcare was too much like Obamacare, not going far enough?  Before you say you love this tweet do understand who his fight is with...his base who placed their hopes in more.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline r9etb

Donald Trump escalated his simmering feud with the House Freedom Caucus with a new tweet Thursday morning. In the tweet, Trump urged fellow Republicans to rally against the recalcitrant Republican bloc.

“We must fight them,” Trump declared.

The Freedom Caucus will hurt the entire Republican agenda if they don’t get on the team, & fast. We must fight them, & Dems, in 2018!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 30, 2017

Ugh.  What an idiotic move. 

Here's a thought, Mr. Deal-Artist: why don't you try working with them up-front, in just the same way a lot of us are suggesting that the FC learn to play nice with others?

Offline r9etb

Before you say you love this tweet....

My impression is that Elderberry loved the cartoon just prior to his comment...

Offline cato potatoe

Bring it on, fat boy.

Offline Hurricane Andrew

Just like many of predicted...and feared.
There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think.

Offline endicom

What should be understood is that repealing Obamacare is not the whole loaf. Without Obamacare there is still Medicaid and Medicare and a host of smaller programs. IOW, the FC is not riding a great steed with the Constitution as banner and God at their back.

If what the House Pubs come up with is a step in the right direction then we should take it and move on from there.

Offline Cripplecreek

Silver Pines

Tell me again why I should defend and excuse this bloated, fraudulent piece of crap.

For anybody who's clutching pearls over my shocking description of our honored president, let me repeat so you can clutch them harder:  he is a piece of crap.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I love it!

Me too!

Get on board or GTFO, and start your own political party.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
:silly:

So is Trump a RINO or not? I'm confused. I'm told by the mental midgets here that to oppose Rump is to be a RINO.

:shrug:

Offline Cripplecreek

Schadenfreude:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3539398/posts?q=1&;page=51

Can't say you weren't warned.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Its real tempting to go over there and remind those idiots that they knew he was a snake when they picked him up.

Offline Applewood

Schadenfreude:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3539398/posts?q=1&;page=51

Can't say you weren't warned.

Oh, there are still a few over there who think Trump is right.  They will ALWAYS think Trump cannot and will not do anything wrong.

Offline Idiot

This is very disappointing but not surprising.....

Offline LottieDah

Tell me again why I should defend and excuse this bloated, fraudulent piece of crap.

For anybody who's clutching pearls over my shocking description of our honored president, let me repeat so you can clutch them harder:  he is a piece of crap.

Amen sister! Amen! :beer: