Author Topic: President Trump Risks the Planet  (Read 311 times)

rangerrebew

President Trump Risks the Planet
« on: March 30, 2017, 10:48:56 am »
President Trump Risks the Planet

By THE EDITORIAL BOARDMARCH 28, 2017

That didn’t take long.

Only 10 weeks into his presidency, and at great risk to future generations, Donald Trump has ordered the demolition of most of President Barack Obama’s policies to combat climate change by reducing emissions from fossil fuels.

The assault began with Mr. Trump’s pledge in Detroit to roll back fuel efficiency standards for cars and trucks, continued with a stingy budget plan that would end funding for climate-related scientific programs and reached an unhappy apex Tuesday with an executive order that, among things, would rescind the centerpiece of Mr. Obama’s clean power strategy, a rule that would shut down hundreds of old coal-fired power plants and freeze the construction of new ones.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/28/opinion/president-trump-risks-the-planet.html?_r=2
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:49:34 am by rangerrebew »

Offline LMAO

Re: President Trump Risks the Planet
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 11:06:06 am »
One of the reasons why the NYT's is circling the drain
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: President Trump Risks the Planet
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 11:09:56 am »
Did any of Obama's draconian approaches to "the environment" actually HELP?

Our CO2 and other emissions were already falling, yet their measurements of the gas in the atmosphere (friendly reminder: they measure them from the top of an active volcano) kept rising. Global temperatures were mostly steady after 1998, but then spiked in 2016.

This is a perfect example of why the global-warming/climate-change crowd is wasting their time. All this effort, and all the harm it has done, has done virtually nothing.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024