Author Topic: So sorry, Alex Jones. Your ‘Pizzagate’ apology doesn’t change a thing.  (Read 994 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Wow, Jones actually apologized for spreading BS. I guess he finally realized this whole pizzagate thing was a 4Chan troll.

A heartfelt apology can be a beautiful step toward healing.

Alex Jones’s “Pizzagate” apology doesn’t come close.

For one thing, the motivation seems to spring from his wallet, not the depths of his heart. Its timing strongly suggests that he wanted to minimize legal consequences for spreading, on his Infowars website, the bizarre and dangerous lie that a child-sex-trafficking ring was being run out of a Washington pizza parlor, Comet Ping Pong....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/so-sorry-alex-jones-your-pizzagate-apology-doesnt-change-a-thing/2017/03/28/7ab546da-1303-11e7-9e4f-09aa75d3ec57_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_sullivan-1pm%253Ahomepage%252Fstory&utm_term=.e8f12c4aa72e

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Trash like Jones can "heal" without me.

Offline Applewood

So when is Jones going to apologize for the lie about Ted Cruz's father? 

Offline ABX

So when is Jones going to apologize for the lie about Ted Cruz's father?

Or 9/11, or Freemasons, or HAARP, or chemtrails, or vaccines... and so on..

Offline Cripplecreek

Or 9/11, or Freemasons, or HAARP, or chemtrails, or vaccines... and so on..

Years ago someone sent me an Alex Jones video to prove the secret military takeover of America was happening. He was out looking for trouble and while I agree that sobriety checkpoints are wrong, he's setting there screaming "Jawohl Mein Gestapo!" at these poor cops who were trying to wave him on by.

A few years ago he was pimping a theory that Glenn Beck was a super secret KGB/CIA double agent.

Jones panders to the most absolutely stupid and gullible among us.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand

Does that mean the powdered water he sold me is bogus?   :0001:

Offline Cripplecreek

Does that mean the powdered water he sold me is bogus?   :0001:

LOL Powdered water.

Dust?

Offline Hondo69

LOL Powdered water.

Dust?

OK, I'll fess up.  I never really bought any but his powdered water is kind of a standing joke around town.  Just add water and you get . . . water.

Offline Cripplecreek

OK, I'll fess up.  I never really bought any but his powdered water is kind of a standing joke around town.  Just add water and you get . . . water.

Apparently there is something called powdered water but what it is is tiny drops encased in silica bubbles.

Offline Applewood

During the campaign I saw a photograph that was supposed to prove that the Dems were busing people to multiple polling places.  The photo showed a group of people standing around.  They could have been waiting for a bus -- perhaps for one of those senior citizen trips. But there was no bus in the photo or anything else to prove that these people were voting in multiple jurisdictions.. 

I remember another photo of what looked like the back of a commercial or industrial building.  This photo was supposed proof of a FEMA camp being built to house political prisoners during the Obama administration.  Well, the guy who owned the building came forward with photos proving the building was nothing more than a warehouse.

I don't know whether the above two conspiracy theories were started by Jones, but the people passing these photos around the net are avid fans of Infowars and they just accept whatever Jones and his equally whacked out employees and guests put out there without question. Working for lawyers most of my adult life has taught me to question what people tell me and demand real proof.  A couple of benign photos don't suffice as evidence to me. 

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Years ago someone sent me an Alex Jones video to prove the secret military takeover of America was happening. He was out looking for trouble and while I agree that sobriety checkpoints are wrong, he's setting there screaming "Jawohl Mein Gestapo!" at these poor cops who were trying to wave him on by.

A few years ago he was pimping a theory that Glenn Beck was a super secret KGB/CIA double agent.

Take a few handfuls of these and it all makes perfect sense.....

Offline Cripplecreek

During the campaign I saw a photograph that was supposed to prove that the Dems were busing people to multiple polling places.  The photo showed a group of people standing around.  They could have been waiting for a bus -- perhaps for one of those senior citizen trips. But there was no bus in the photo or anything else to prove that these people were voting in multiple jurisdictions.. 

I remember another photo of what looked like the back of a commercial or industrial building.  This photo was supposed proof of a FEMA camp being built to house political prisoners during the Obama administration.  Well, the guy who owned the building came forward with photos proving the building was nothing more than a warehouse.

I don't know whether the above two conspiracy theories were started by Jones, but the people passing these photos around the net are avid fans of Infowars and they just accept whatever Jones and his equally whacked out employees and guests put out there without question. Working for lawyers most of my adult life has taught me to question what people tell me and demand real proof.  A couple of benign photos don't suffice as evidence to me.

There was a lot of propaganda floating around during the election.

There is no doubt that vote fraud happens but there is no way millions of people will illegally vote and no one will talk. Its outside the realm of possibility. Vote fraud primarily takes place in the counting process. Some were claiming thousands of fraudulent votes were found in Michigan but when I read the story it said that thousands of votes were audited and a handful thrown out without being counted at all so no one benefited.

The bikers for Trump were especially dishonest and deceptive. They claimed to roll into Wisconsin by the millions to protect Donald Trump during an event in March or April. They showed pictures of bikers as far as the eye could see in what looked like midsummer due to leaves on the trees. I started doing reverse image searches and found that literally every picture claiming to be thousands of bikers for Trump were years old pics from Rolling Thunder, Sturgis or some other non Trump related event.

I grabbed this one a while back. Its been floating around for over a year with the BS claim that she is a Trump supporter severely beaten. I just saw it on twitter again the other day. In reality she's an actress and was doing a make up test for her role in Ash vs The Evil Dead. In fact she's Australian or British and said she has no interest in our elections.

Offline Hondo69

I need to get out more.  None of these bogus stories have come across my radar before.

The thing about Alex Jones, or CNN for that matter, is every now and then they'll report the truth.  But only their cult-like following will believe it since the rest of naturally assume its just another bogus story.

Offline goatprairie

How about all professional football games being fixed? Years ago I had a co-worker who was adamant about all NFL games being fixed. The fact that fixing all the games over the decades for just the last fifty years would include approx. one hundred thousand people. All those people would have to be persuaded to fix games.
 What are the chances that none of those people  would  blab to the authorities? Zero.
But many people love conspiracies.  It explains/excuses their failures in life.  The truth is more bad things happen to people on account of incompetence or stupidity rather than due to the evil machinations of a bunch of brilliant conspirators wishing them harm.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 09:30:13 pm by goatprairie »

Offline Cripplecreek

How about all professional football games being fixed? Years ago I had a co-worker who was adamant about all NFL games being fixed. The fact that fixing all the games over the decades for just the last fifty years would include approx. one hundred thousand people. All those people would have to be persuaded to fix games.
 What are the chances that none of those people would refuse to fix games and/or would blab to the authorities? Zero.
But many people love conspiracies.  It explains/excuses their failures in life.  The truth is more bad things happen to people on account of incompetence or stupidity rather than due to the evil machinations of a bunch of brilliant conspirators wishing them harm.

Too often people want to believe the worst because the facts only serve to make them look like fools.

A few years ago at free republic they went nuts over some kind of super secret war games going on in Flint and how the people were terrified and no one had warned them. 5 minutes of searching and I found several stories going back months to alert the locals that the National Guard would be conducting some type of urban war games in a largely abandoned part of town. The city council even held a couple of meeting to give the people a chance to weigh in and nobody spoke up. FReepers behaved about like you would expect, and continued ranting about the secret operations.

Its pretty hard to be secretive with most choppers. I had 10 of those big dual rotor numbers pass over my house yesterday at a couple hundred feet. I thought they were going to rattle the house off the foundation.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

He's the one that makes Art Bell seem sane.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline ABX

I remember his buddy Jesse Ventura had an entire program dedicated to discovering a secret government base in the Ozark mountains. Vaults, railroad tracks, barb wire, the works.

The problem- it wasn't a secret government base, it was the back of The Mall of the Ozarks (name has changed a few times, not sure what it is called now) and what he was showing was the loading docks and warehouses.

He had to know it, it wasn't hidden, the construction was public, and the front of the building was facing a major road and other shopping centers and apartments- he just never showed the front in the show. He knew good and well his story was bogus but he ran with it anyway and people to this day, still will believe it.

Offline Cripplecreek

I remember his buddy Jesse Ventura had an entire program dedicated to discovering a secret government base in the Ozark mountains. Vaults, railroad tracks, barb wire, the works.

The problem- it wasn't a secret government base, it was the back of The Mall of the Ozarks (name has changed a few times, not sure what it is called now) and what he was showing was the loading docks and warehouses.

He had to know it, it wasn't hidden, the construction was public, and the front of the building was facing a major road and other shopping centers and apartments- he just never showed the front in the show. He knew good and well his story was bogus but he ran with it anyway and people to this day, still will believe it.

Yeah a lot of it is just outright lying to feed the idiots what they want to hear.

I tell them that if I get sent to a FEMA camp I want to be sent to Raco field in Michigan's UP. It was a WWII airfield that was part of our northern border protection. Its hardly hidden and can be easily spotted from space