Author Topic: Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service “cautiously hopeful” refugee ceiling will return to 110,000  (Read 450 times)

rangerrebew

Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service “cautiously hopeful” refugee ceiling will return to 110,000

Posted by Ann Corcoran on March 28, 2017

I’m actually stunned that they think that the Trump Administration could be forced by a judge (or two judges) to shoot for a refugee “ceiling” number set by Obama for a year he would no longer be President.

For the zillionth time, even if Obama was  still in the White House there is no legal requirement that the President reach the CEILING he set for admissions the previous fall.

As we showed you here—they never reach the ceiling!

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2017/03/28/lutheran-immigration-and-refugee-service-cautiously-hopeful-refugee-ceiling-will-return-to-110000/
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 11:04:55 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There's gold in them thar hordes! Seriously, how much was this outfit making on a per "refugee" basis to move these people in? I recall seeing something like $6K for every one of them, but I may recollect incorrectly.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service “cautiously hopeful” refugee ceiling will return to 110,000..."

Let's "return it" ... to ZERO.

Offline Victoria33

@rangerrebew

The Catholic diocese of Fort Worth also gets this money from the government to resettle immigrants.  Due to this, I don't give any money to go to them.  My money stays in my Catholic church.