Author Topic: MSM Want WH Media Scrutiny: Where Was This Enthusiasm When Obama Was President?  (Read 622 times)

rangerrebew

MSM Want WH Media Scrutiny: Where Was This Enthusiasm When Obama Was President?

The attention on The Daily Signal’s Fred Lucas’ role as occasional White House pool reporter has made one thing very clear: For many, the illusion still remains that the mainstream media is unbiased.

“It’s concerning that news organizations with a clear and stated bias are serving as the eyes and ears of the White House press corps, regardless of their political leaning,”  Andrew Seaman [1], chair of the Society of Professional Journalists [2]’ Ethics Committee and a Reuters reporter, told The Washington Post for an article [3] questioning the appropriateness of Lucas’ role as a pool reporter. “In a perfect world, only news organizations with editorial independence and proven track records of reliability should be able to provide pool reports for the White House or any other government agency or official.”

Source URL: http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/katrina-trinko/msm-want-wh-media-scrutiny-where-was-enthusiasm-when-obama-was-president
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 10:07:10 am by rangerrebew »

geronl

"But Obama" or "but Hillary" are signs of cop-out

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Its evidence that many in the GOP want what the democrats have, a blindly obedient base and the ability to do exactly the same as the democrats.

They need to cowboy up and get beyond it or become democrats and be done with it.

Offline LMAO

I don't necessarily agree with this.

Pointing out hypocrisy doesn't necessarily mean the same thing as excusing a behavior. I expect  the press to scrutinize the WH and the Trump administration. The problem will be is they lack the credibility to do it so we are all left trying to figure out if Trump is pulling our legs or if the press is playing out it's role as an arm of the DNC
It would have been nice if the press was interested in what BHO was up to.

If the debt has another 10 trillion added on to it while Trump is president and the Democrats make it an issue, I will have no problem pointing out the fact that they were silent when BHO did the same thing. But that doesn't mean I'd  use that as an excuse for GOP doing the same thing. In fact, they would receive the same scorn for doing such

So the press does deserve to have their hypocrisy pointed out
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 01:21:26 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

The article isn't saying "because the press didn't scrutinize BHO, they shouldn't Trump." It simply is asking were this desire to scrutinize the WH was from 2009-2016
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The article isn't saying "because the press didn't scrutinize BHO, they shouldn't Trump." It simply is asking were this desire to scrutinize the WH was from 2009-2016

The media has ALWAYS been biased. It didn't become biased, it is biased by its very nature and will never be changed. It was biased by the king in the days of the town crier. It was biased when the Gutenberg press was invented. It was biased during the American revolution. It was biased when the Creel Commission was formed under Woodrow Wilson.

Only Thomas Jefferson saw the situation clearly. His scorn for the press was exceeded only by his scorn for the American people who preferred lies and entertainment to hard facts. In a letter to John Norvell he wrote that a newspaper publisher should publish a 3 section paper consisting of lies, half truths & rumors, and facts.

Jefferson understood that fighting the media was fighting a ghost. Its a completely pointless exercise and a distraction.

Offline LMAO

The media has ALWAYS been biased. It didn't become biased, it is biased by its very nature and will never be changed. It was biased by the king in the days of the town crier. It was biased when the Gutenberg press was invented. It was biased during the American revolution. It was biased when the Creel Commission was formed under Woodrow Wilson.

Only Thomas Jefferson saw the situation clearly. His scorn for the press was exceeded only by his scorn for the American people who preferred lies and entertainment to hard facts. In a letter to John Norvell he wrote that a newspaper publisher should publish a 3 section paper consisting of lies, half truths & rumors, and facts.

Jefferson understood that fighting the media was fighting a ghost. Its a completely pointless exercise and a distraction.

The media is biased because it's a human run institution. Journalists aren't immune from the same desires and drives like the rest of us humanoids.

I think what's different now is most people recognize that the press is biased.At one time, Walter Cronkite was considered closest person to a God by the public
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 01:18:52 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Lots of good comments here.

I'd like to invent an app for my TV that allows me to insert various characters to replace the talking heads on my screen.  It would give me something less stomach turning to look at for my viewing pleasure.  And it might keep me from flipping channels every 5 seconds in disgust.

Maybe something like superimposing Boris and Natasha over top of the dingleberries on Morning Joe.