Author Topic: “Why would I?”: Defying Democrats, Devin Nunes won’t recuse himself from Russia probe  (Read 404 times)

rangerrebew

“Why would I?”: Defying Democrats, Devin Nunes won’t recuse himself from Russia probe
posted at 2:01 pm on March 28, 2017 by Allahpundit

The frenzy over Nunes’s mysterious visit to the White House grounds increasingly (and ironically) seems to parallel the frenzy over the underlying probe into Trump associates’ contacts with Russia. It smells fishy, but when push comes to shove, no one can say what wrongdoing supposedly occurred.

But that’s the point of recusal, right? When that fishy smell starts to permeate an investigation, calling its credibility into question, you clear it out by asking the source of it to step away. The question in Nunes’s case is whether there’s now a sufficient appearance of impropriety — irrespective of whether actual impropriety occurred — to compel him to stand aside as chairman of the House Intel Committee in this matter. Yup, say Democrats, predictably. Nope, says Nunes, and Trey Gowdy, and Paul Ryan, predictably. Here’s Nunes defending himself during a scrum with reporters in the Capitol hallway this morning.

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/03/28/why-would-i-defying-democrats-devin-nunes-wont-recuse-himself-from-russia-probe/
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 09:28:09 am by rangerrebew »