Author Topic: The Civil War is Here  (Read 590 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The Civil War is Here
« on: March 28, 2017, 07:34:39 pm »

The left doesn’t want to secede. It wants to rule.
March 27, 2017
Daniel Greenfield

A civil war has begun.

This civil war is very different than the last one. There are no cannons or cavalry charges. The left doesn’t want to secede. It wants to rule. Political conflicts become civil wars when one side refuses to accept the existing authority. The left has rejected all forms of authority that it doesn’t control.

The left has rejected the outcome of the last two presidential elections won by Republicans. It has rejected the judicial authority of the Supreme Court when it decisions don’t accord with its agenda. It rejects the legislative authority of Congress when it is not dominated by the left.

It rejected the Constitution so long ago that it hardly bears mentioning. 

It was for total unilateral executive authority under Obama. And now it’s for states unilaterally deciding what laws they will follow. (As long as that involves defying immigration laws under Trump, not following them under Obama.) It was for the sacrosanct authority of the Senate when it held the majority. Then it decried the Senate as an outmoded institution when the Republicans took it over....

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/266197/civil-war-here-daniel-greenfield#.WNlGN9Z9ROI.twitter

geronl

Re: The Civil War is Here
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 07:38:46 pm »
blah blah blah

Why can't the winners of the last election do their job instead of finding excuses not to?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 07:40:41 pm »
blah blah blah

Why can't the winners of the last election do their job instead of finding excuses not to?

@geronl, did you mean to comment on this topic?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 08:01:40 pm »
I refuse to submit to the rule of the Leftists in either party.

So I am already in a war of resistance to tyrants.

And I am pretty sure when they attempt to force compliance with tyranny, that the word 'civil' is not the word to describe the 'war' they have ignited.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 08:02:49 pm »
I read the entire article and have zero complaints with its contents.

It could have been written 10 years ago, however, when I was making exactly the same case.  With 8 years of Obama Fascism under out belts the points in the article have more substance and evidence to back them up.  Yet the underlying issues have not changed over time.

As a side note: In the 1860's when the Civil War officially broke out with the secession of South Carolina things had merely come to a pivotal head.  Fighting had been going on long before that official start date, however.