Author Topic: Gingrich: Freedom Caucus Saved House Republicans From Destructive Vote  (Read 703 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
by Pam Key27 Mar 2017457

Monday on Fox Business Network’s “Cavuto: Coast to Coast,” former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said the House Freedom Caucus saved House Republicans from a politically destructive vote when they refused to support the House Republican health care bill which only had a 17 percent approval rating among voters.

Gingrich said, “Not voting on Friday was really good. The Democrats lost their majority for the first time in 40 years after they tried to push through Hillarycare. The Democrats lost the majority again in 2010 after they pushed through Obamacare. If we had all the House Republicans line up and vote yes on a bill that was at 17 percent approval — that means four out of five Americans were not approving —  I will guarantee you the Democrats would have had a field day.”

more
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/03/27/gingrich-freedom-caucus-saved-house-republicans-destructive-vote/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I hate agreeing with newt
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline skeeter

That darned old perfectionist, Gingrich.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The American people have a responsibility to shame people like Gingrich into hiding.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I thought Newt was a bought-and-paid-for Trump supporter? 

No, as much as I don't like him, he always has had a contrary streak.

Offline musiclady

OK, Newt.  Make up your mind as to what side of government tyranny you're on.   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online corbe

I wonder what transpired between 7:27AM and 2:36Pm on 3/24, Trump didn't return his call?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
He makes a great pushmi-pullu, doesn't he?

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline bilo

I wonder what transpired between 7:27AM and 2:36Pm on 3/24, Trump didn't return his call?

He probably found out that the bill was really a rewrite of obamacare with some "tweeks" not a repeal. The bill had insurance company subsidies in it. The bill had the tax credits being paid directly to the insurance companies. The bill left the govt in control of deciding what policies must cover. The bill left the regulatory structure in place so any future HHS Sect. could rewrite the regs to satisfy any leftist dictator. The bill had absolutely nothing in it that would reduce premiums, or promote competition.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline musiclady

He probably found out that the bill was really a rewrite of obamacare with some "tweeks" not a repeal. The bill had insurance company subsidies in it. The bill had the tax credits being paid directly to the insurance companies. The bill left the govt in control of deciding what policies must cover. The bill left the regulatory structure in place so any future HHS Sect. could rewrite the regs to satisfy any leftist dictator. The bill had absolutely nothing in it that would reduce premiums, or promote competition.

Shouldn't Newt have known all that at 7:27 A.M.??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Gingrich: Freedom Caucus Saved House Republicans From Destructive Vote
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2017, 10:23:59 pm »
Just wanted to point out that Newt's claim that it took "7 months" to pass ObamaCare needs some context.  That's the formal period from the time it was first introduced, but the truth is they started working on health care from the moment of his inauguration.  It finally passed in March 2010, which means it really took about 14 months.  Of course, that also meant that he wasn't able to do much else during his first term in terms of major legislation, so the Dems never got their immigration bill despite having control of Congress and the Presidency.  Obama has said that was the biggest mistake he made.

I think it's important to realize how slowly Washington normally moves to understand why neophyte Trump acted as he did.  Newt thinks he moved too fast, and that may be true.  On the other hand, if the GOP moves at the usual glacial pace we see in Washington, then getting to health care, and tax reform, and immigration wouldn't happen before the midterms.  And Trump, as an executive used to making decisions one way or the other rapidly, the constant hand-wringing and endless back and forth in which Congress was engaging had to be frustrating as hell.  I'm sure he thought "either vote for it, or don't.  But I'm not wasting months trying to chase a consensus that may never emerge, and risk missing doing other stuff of importance."

He probably was wrong for pushing for as fast a resolution as he did, but he's also right in thinking that this stuff just takes way too long, and people need to make up their mind a make a decision, one way or the other.

Time will tell.  It may be that the prospect of no deal at all may induce both hard-line conservatives and moderates to reconsider their positions in the meantime.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 03:07:18 am »
The American people have a responsibility to shame people like Gingrich into hiding.

So funny.  I was just about to say Gingrich breaking with his Trump worship?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2017, 01:15:09 pm »
Just wanted to point out that Newt's claim that it took "7 months" to pass ObamaCare needs some context.  That's the formal period from the time it was first introduced, but the truth is they started working on health care from the moment of his inauguration.  It finally passed in March 2010, which means it really took about 14 months.  Of course, that also meant that he wasn't able to do much else during his first term in terms of major legislation, so the Dems never got their immigration bill despite having control of Congress and the Presidency.  Obama has said that was the biggest mistake he made.

I think it's important to realize how slowly Washington normally moves to understand why neophyte Trump acted as he did.  Newt thinks he moved too fast, and that may be true.  On the other hand, if the GOP moves at the usual glacial pace we see in Washington, then getting to health care, and tax reform, and immigration wouldn't happen before the midterms.  And Trump, as an executive used to making decisions one way or the other rapidly, the constant hand-wringing and endless back and forth in which Congress was engaging had to be frustrating as hell.  I'm sure he thought "either vote for it, or don't.  But I'm not wasting months trying to chase a consensus that may never emerge, and risk missing doing other stuff of importance."

He probably was wrong for pushing for as fast a resolution as he did, but he's also right in thinking that this stuff just takes way too long, and people need to make up their mind a make a decision, one way or the other.

Time will tell.  It may be that the prospect of no deal at all may induce both hard-line conservatives and moderates to reconsider their positions in the meantime.

If we want to take a look at timing as a factor; Cruz introduced a bill 2 years ago, called the Health Care Choices Act which would allow people to buy health insurance across state lines and like the current proposed bill, eliminated Title I of BammyCare and  Rand Paul has also come up with a plan which uses health savings plans (I believe Cruz's plan did as well).  My understanding is that there was a bill that was voted on two years ago to REPEAL and it was vetoed by Bammy.  So .... it's not really a matter of not taking the time; it's a matter of the RINO's in Congress never even considered repealing the monstrous BammyCare in the first place ... and any way you look at it Trump went right along with them!

I don't know what transpired during the conversation between Trump, Cruz, Lee and Meadows ... but I would venture to say that FULL repeal was brought up. 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 01:21:02 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.