Author Topic: A Reminder during the Gorsuch Hearings: Al Franken once said he was happy that a gay man got murdered  (Read 223 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpt:

A Reminder during the Gorsuch Hearings: Al Franken once said he was happy that a gay man got murdered

Franken’s sneering sense of superiority was galling enough that I decided to do a quick Google search on his own history. And what do you know? Several gay rights websites had condemned him in the past, because Franken actually joked about the murder of a gay man, which seems substantially more serious than supporting traditional marriage. The joke—which he found uproarious at the time—was delivered to a reporter at the Harvard Crimson:

He recalled writing a skit called “Seamen on Broadway” that was rejected from the Hasty Pudding show “by some preppie so they could take some other preppie’s skit.” Franken started to smile again, but his tone was serious, too serious. “It’s not preppies, cause I’m a preppie myself. I just don’t like homosexuals. If you ask me, they’re all homosexuals in the Pudding. Hey, I was glad when that Pudding homosexual got killed in Philadelphia.” The smile became so broad it pushed his eyes shut. He couldn’t stand it any longer. “Put that in, put that in,” Franken laughed, leaning over the desk. “I’d love to see that in The Crimson.”

Continued: https://thebridgehead.ca/2017/03/22/a-reminder-during-the-gorsuch-hearings-al-franken-once-said-he-was-happy-that-a-gay-man-got-murdered/