Author Topic: Texas Republican Ted Poe Quits Freedom Caucus Over Their #NeverTrump Intransigence…  (Read 6182 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Texas Republican Ted Poe Quits Freedom Caucus Over Their #NeverTrump Intransigence…
Posted on March 26, 2017   by sundance

Texas Republican Congressman Ted Poe has announced he is giving up membership in Hillary’s Favorite Caucus over their unwillingness to support President Trump:

more
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/03/26/texas-republican-ted-poe-quits-freedom-caucus-over-their-nevertrump-intransigence/

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online corbe

"Hillary's favorite Caucas"? 

Now this REALLY pizzes me off and reminds me of another infamous man, the butcher Louis Rose, of Nacogdoches, Texas

Moses Rose

Louis "Moses" Rose (1785 – 1850/1851), (also known as Lewis Rose), was according to Texas legend the only man who chose to leave the besieged Alamo in 1836, rather than fight and die there.

According to the most commonly told story, Rose was a French Jew who had served in the French army under Napoleon. It seems clear that he was at the Alamo for some unknown portion of the 13-day siege and missed the massacre at dawn on March 6, 1836. He knew many details about the Alamo garrison and gave the names of some participants, and, whenever asked, admitted that he had left when given the chance before the final assault, because he was not ready to die.

<..snip..>

On the other hand, a man named “Rose” from Nacogdoches was listed as an Alamo victim in the March 14, 1836, issue of the Telegraph and Texas Register. This first attempt to name the men at the Alamo was compiled by John William Smith, one of the last couriers to leave the Alamo, and Gerald Navan, who probably also left the Alamo as a courier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses_Rose

John William Smith married my great great.... aunt.

Hope a real man with a spine primaries his azz, I'll donate, he's in a pretty Conservative district.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Removing a weak link makes a stronger chain.

Offline the_doc

Hope a real man with a spine primaries his azz, I'll donate, he's in a pretty Conservative district.

Ditto that. 

Poe is in Southeast Texas, isn't he?  If he is, I'll bet he is toast now.

Online corbe

His District overwhelmingly went for Cruz in the primary.

President, Congressional District 2   

Ted Cruz                       REP              41,862     45.79%

Donald J. Trump            REP?             22,207     24.29%

----------- 
  Race Total                                        91,417

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I thought the issue was the AHCA vote, y'know, as in getting rid of Hillarycare/Obamacare/now the Elephant in the room with the GOPe label on the side?

I'm not sure where "#nevertrump" or the ridiculous "supporting Hillary canard" even enter into this. Oh wait, "Conservative Treehouse?"  One of the monkeys must have found a stash of poo left over from the election and started throwing it down out of the tree.
I thought the rabies had finished that bunch off long ago.

Is the assertion that the Freedom Caucus is too Liberal?
because they did not vote for a piece of legislation like Trump wanted?

They don't work for Trump, they work for their constituents.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

I thought the issue was the AHCA vote, y'know, as in getting rid of Hillarycare/Obamacare/now the Elephant in the room with the GOPe label on the side?

I'm not sure where "#nevertrump" or the ridiculous "supporting Hillary canard" even enter into this. Oh wait, "Conservative Treehouse?"  One of the monkeys must have found a stash of poo left over from the election and started throwing it down out of the tree.

The "conservative" Nuthousers are nothing but lowlife garbage.

Online corbe

Sundance always reminded me of that WhiteMaleArmyPrivate.  That was my First Timeout over there.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The "conservative" Nuthousers are nothing but lowlife garbage.
The Treehouse mob are out full force with the rest of the monkeys blaming Conservatives for the failure of a bill conservatives were not allowed to amend.
It was this sort of howling that led to some comparisons to and predictions of an outcome of this administration which compared it to undesirable governments from the last century.
First off, no one in Congress works for Mr. Trump, they work for their constituents.

Their obligation is to their constituents first. What they think of the President, whoever it is, has nothing to do with their vote--and that is as it should be.

Trump may request a Bill, he may express approval of a Bill, he may sign or veto it when it gets to his desk, but from the first inconvenienced electron to the final markup and vote, that is up to the Congress to write, amend, reconcile different versions, and vote on the bill.

Someone in Congress owns this Bill, and the Amendments passed thereto or defeated, the whole shootin' match. Not the people who did not vote for it.

Shifting blame to people because they would not march in lockstep may be the Trump way to do things, but let's not forget the reason this country exists is a group of people who would not march in lockstep with one person demanding compliance.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 11:52:21 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

This isn't about being #NeverTrump.  It's about being #NeverLiberal.  If a bill is introduced that removes federal mandates on who and what has to be covered, then the Freedom Caucus will vote for it.  Unfortunately, ObamaCare-Lite is not that bill.

Stop telling my employer that they must provide coverage to the 'children' [sic] of my co-workers up until age 26.  Even better, get the federal government the hell out of the private insurance market.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cripplecreek

Sundance always reminded me of that WhiteMaleArmyPrivate.  That was my First Timeout over there.

Sundance was the one claiming they would out "Kike" Mark Levin's family for working on the Cruz campaign. Turned out that Levin's adult son volunteered for the Cruz campaign on the opposite end of the country.

Offline Cripplecreek

The Treehouse mob are out full force with the rest of the monkeys blaming Conservatives for the failure of a bill conservatives were not allowed to amend.
It was this sort of howling that led to some comparisons to and predictions of an outcome of this administration which compared it to undesirable governments from the last century.
First off, no one in Congress works for Mr. Trump, they work for their constituents.

Their obligation is to their constituents first. What they think of the President, whoever it is, has nothing to do with their vote--and that is as it should be.

Trump may request a Bill, he may express approval of a Bill, he may sign or veto it when it gets to his desk, but from the first inconvenienced electron to the final markup and vote, that is up to the Congress to write, amend, reconcile different versions, and vote on the bill.

Someone in Congress owns this Bill, and the Amendments passed thereto or defeated, the whole shootin' match. Not the people who did not vote for it.

Shifting blame to people because they would not march in lockstep may be the Trump way to do things, but let's not forget the reason this country exists is a group of people who would not march in lockstep with one person demanding compliance.

That's where I have an issue with Judge Jeannine over Paul Ryan.

Yes Paul Ryan sucks and the bill he and Trump tried forcing through congress sucks but its not up to the reality TV judge or the coward who put her up to it to demand that Ryan resign. That's up to the people who elected him (by a wide margin). She can take it and her weird foot fetish and stuff it where the sun don't shine.

Online corbe

"Read My Lips, NO New Conservatives!"

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Rep. Ted Poe Quits Freedom Caucus Over Health Vote
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2017, 01:10:58 am »
Rep. Ted Poe announced on Sunday he is resigning from the Freedom Caucus, which helped scuttle GOP attempts to pass a bill repealing and replacing Obamacare, The Texas Tribune reported.

"Saying no is easy, leading is hard, but that is what we were elected to do," Poe said in a statement. "Leaving this caucus will allow me to be a more effective member of Congress and advocate for the people of Texas."

In further explaining his decision, Poe said that "In order to deliver on the conservative agenda we have promised the American people for eight years, we must come together to find solutions to move this country forward."

Last week as the Freedom Caucus pressed for conservative changes to the Republican health care legislation, Poe was one of a handful of caucus members who was convinced to back the bill after lobbying from President Donald Trump.

However, most of the members held out, forcing the GOP to not bring the bill to a vote for fear it would fail to pass, and spurring criticism from fellow Republicans that the caucus is harming the party.

Shortly after the bill was pulled from its schedule vote on Friday, Poe sent out a tweet appearing to criticize caucus members.
http://www.newsmax.com/US/Ted-Poe-quits-Freedom-Caucus-healthcare/2017/03/26/id/780849/
It's RINO time.  So here's one guy who wants to stop supporting the conservative effort in Congress.

Since he says the Freedom Caucus helped kill Ryancare, wonder why he doesn't just go ahead and become a Democrat?  None of them supported it either.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Hoodat

It would be refreshing to fill Tom Price's seat with a Freedom Caucus Conservative.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

So Poe wants be officially go RINO as he does not wish to pursue the conservative agenda that he supported as the Freedom Caucus would not support Ryancare?

Hey Ted, why not just go ahead and join Democrat party, they didn't support the bill either.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online corbe

Apparently Mr. Poe likes Meatloaf.

Offline Cripplecreek

Apparently Mr. Poe likes Meatloaf.

From behind

Online corbe

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
These Héros don't need a coward in their midst.

Give the man some orange knee pads.

You N. Houstonians seriously need to be finding a candidate to primary this SOB.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 02:39:35 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

geronl

Standing up against Trump on any issue whatsoever, even when they are right, is bad to the cultists

Offline Right_in_Virginia

If I were new to this planet .. I'd walk away from this thread convinced conservatives were crazy, mean-spirited losers.  There isn't one post of substance rooted in thought.

You must be so proud.   :smokin:

Online Hoodat

@Right_in_Virginia

At least you finally admit that you are not a Conservative.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Let's remember how we got ObamaCare in the first place.

The Democratic-controlled Senate took a bill from Congress and gutted it completely.  Next, a select few met privately in a back room and whipped up a magic potion not even their fellow Democrats could see, discuss, or offer the slightest input towards.  At the very last moment the magic potion was unveiled to the world.  Violating the Senate's own rules for providing ample time to review the bill, Nancy Pelosi forced a quickie vote.  And for good measure she tossed in a few billion in bribes, one being called the Louisiana Purchase.

In short, 1/6 of the entire American economy was embezzled from the private sector and snatched up by a small number of powerful elite.  The entire snake in the grass process was similar to what you would find in Russia or your run of the mill Banana Republic.

This would be the exact opposite of Paul Ryan employing the democratic process where he followed the rules in an open, orderly, transparent process.  Bitch about the outcome all you want.  Unless you want a Pelosi-style strong arm heist of our democratic process you might want to step back and look at the big picture.  The ugly and problematic process set forth by The Founders isn't supposed to be pretty, but can be appreciated warts and all.

geronl

This would be the exact opposite of Paul Ryan employing the democratic process where he followed the rules in an open, orderly, transparent process.

It was most definitely not