Author Topic: Has the Term 'Racism' Become Obsolete?  (Read 377 times)

rangerrebew

Has the Term 'Racism' Become Obsolete?
« on: March 26, 2017, 02:08:07 pm »
March 26, 2017
Has the Term 'Racism' Become Obsolete?
By Bob Weir

It seems that you can't get through a day on social media, or watching news programs, without hearing the words racist, bigot, sexist, homophobe, or some other offensive term, the use of which has become so routine as to render its usage meaningless.  I've read threads on Facebook that begin with a poster telling us how much he detested the policies of the Obama administration.  Within minutes, someone is sure to counter with accusations of racism.  It's an effective tactic, because such a label strikes terror in the hearts and minds of decent people.  (Genuine bigots are not bothered by such accusations because they recognize the accuracy of the charge and may even be proud of it.)  It also has the effect of controlling the dialogue in a given situation.  Putting people on defense forces them to assure their accusers how open-minded and fair they are, rather than debating the issue in question.  The accuser is on offense, the accused on defense.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/03/has_the_term_racism_become_obsolete.html#ixzz4cROhJd58
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Has the Term 'Racism' Become Obsolete?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 11:14:59 pm »
The term "racism" will be obsolete when enough whites no longer cower by the use of it against them. When they realize it's a leftist-created tool used to shut them up and out of any rational argument regarding race, ethnicity, and why such factors can actually be important to civilized society and Western ideals.

The proper response to being called "a racist" is NOT "I'm not a racist!".
That's SURRENDER from the moment you cry it.

Instead, the response should be "I don't care what leftist words you use, I'm still going to believe what I believe, think what I think, and say what I say…"

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 11:31:08 pm »
Unfortunately, because of its overuse and misuse, it has become obsolete.

The unfortunate thing is that there is plenty of real racism out there (and in here?), and that reality is diminished because of the leftist lies about conservatives and racism.

Obviously, the left never wants to solve any problem because they want it as a talking point, so racists prevail because of leftist lies.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 01:42:58 pm »
Between election day 2008 an inaugural day 2009 many people questioned on how Obama would actually govern.  The simple act of raising a perfectly normal question immediately branded these people as racists by the Left.

There's a name for that and it's called Fascism.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 02:09:24 pm »
It can't mean much anymore, particularly when it's improperly used to signify bigotry or prejudice. It isn't "racism" not to like Muslims. Muslim is not a race.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org