Author Topic: Science whiz who became Intel's youngest intern has schizophrenia  (Read 495 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
When Joey Hudy went to the White House in 2012, the 8th grade science whiz captivated President Barack Obama - and the world - with his large, orange marshmallow cannon.

He and Obama primed the homemade contraption and then blasted its sugary ammo across the room, much to the dismay of the Secret Service.

"Ohhh," Obama yelled, before retrieving the marshmallow and Hudy's business card, "just in case."

It made for a memorial moment, an Obama administration's favorite, and put Hudy, then 14, into the national spotlight. He became a celebrity Maker, a jet-setting inventor of 3-D body scanners and solar-powered computers, a promoter of STEM programs and the youngest ever corporate intern at Intel.

snip

"You may not be aware of the significant cost of mental health care in the United States for such a diagnosis, and neither was I," she wrote.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley