Author Topic: Discussion About GOP Replacement to Paul Ryan as Speaker of the House Intensifies in White House, Congress  (Read 2279 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: BREITBART

URL: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/24/exclusive-discussion-gop-replacement-paul-ryan-speaker-house-intensifies-white-house-congress/

by MATTHEW BOYLE

Republican officials in Congress and the White House are now openly discussing finding a GOP replacement to Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) as Speaker of the House, after Ryan failed to pass the American Health Care Act out of the House and misled the public and President Donald Trump when he promised repeatedly the bill would pass.
Ryan was caught on an audio file from October—obtained by Breitbart News and published a couple weeks ago—saying he is “not going to defend Donald Trump—not now, not in the future.” While the audio file does not make the comments clear, Ryan’s staff later claimed that it was specifically about the Access Hollywood tape scandal from the election. The audio tape of Ryan, recorded from a House GOP members’ conference call, does not make that context clear.

Many allies of the president and several White House officials over the weeks since have confirmed to Breitbart News that the president is concerned that Ryan may not have his—or his agenda’s—best interests at heart. Ryan’s failure to deliver the votes on healthcare cement Trump’s skepticism of Ryan, they say.

“This is another example of the staff not serving the president well and the weakness of the Paul Ryan speakership,” a source close to President Trump told Breitbart News. “This calls into question once again the speaker’s commitment to supporting Donald Trump and his agenda.”

“Speaker Ryan proved today that he does not have the best interests of the President at heart,” said another source close to the president. “He sold out the president and showed his word can be taken with a grain of salt. There is only one course of action that should be taken to move past this catastrophe and that is the swift removal of Paul Ryan from the speakership.”

EXCERPT: CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Offline r9etb

Just to point out -- this is from Steve Bannon's own Brietbart.  So there's a strong whiff of blame-shifting going on here.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just to point out -- this is from Steve Bannon's own Brietbart.  So there's a strong whiff of blame-shifting going on here.
Oh boy! Torchlight parades with primitive farm implements in D.C.! Are they stacking the wood under the stake, or are they going to see if he floats in the reflecting pool first?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline r9etb

Oh boy! Torchlight parades with primitive farm implements in D.C.! Are they stacking the wood under the stake, or are they going to see if he floats in the reflecting pool first?

A good image.

But as ham-handed hit pieces go, this one is a doozy. About as subtle as burning dog doo on the front porch.

Doesn't take a lot of guessing to figure out who "a source close to President Trump" is. 

Online Right_in_Virginia

I'd happily buy Ryan a one way bus ticket back to Wisconsin--hell, I'd even give him a McDonald's job application to keep him busy on the trip.

Offline Frank Cannon

Maybe someone should inform this fat disgusting toad Boyle that Ryan was in there 100% pushing this piece of shit thing along with Donny. Someone who wasn't there pushing was this spectacularly wonderful Jared Kushner and his hot wife Ivana. They were skiing in Aspen.

Seems like that is where I would start the firing Matty. Now go back to your mothers basement and play with yourself.

Offline Frank Cannon

I'd happily buy Ryan a one way bus ticket back to Wisconsin--hell, I'd even give him a McDonald's job application to keep him busy on the trip.

Your aware that Ryan wiped the floor with that Trump stooge primary challenger and ran away with it in the General? Ryan isn't going anywhere. Donny on the other hand had better get his shit together fast. He is skating on thin ice. He is the head of the party and this is a big black eye for him.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten

Many allies of the president and several White House officials over the weeks since have confirmed to Breitbart News that the president is concerned that Ryan may not have his—or his agenda’s—best interests at heart.

I didn't know that a Constitutional officer of the United States Federal Government, from a co-equal branch, was expected to have the President's best interests at heart.  Are all the House Representatives or Senators supposed to have the President's best interest at heart?  What about the Supreme Court Justices?
James 1:20

Online Smokin Joe

I didn't know that a Constitutional officer of the United States Federal Government, from a co-equal branch, was expected to have the President's best interests at heart.  Are all the House Representatives or Senators supposed to have the President's best interest at heart?  What about the Supreme Court Justices?
It's called checks and balances. The check cleared, the balance is...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Right_in_Virginia

Your aware that Ryan wiped the floor with that Trump stooge primary challenger and ran away with it in the General? Ryan isn't going anywhere. Donny on the other hand had better get his shit together fast.

Well, @Frank Cannon ... I didn't say I expected Ryan to go anywhere.  I simply said I'd be happy to pay for his trip  ^-^

As for the President getting his "shit together" ... I agree with this.  Donald Trump does have a unique ability to rise stronger and taller from setbacks --- his life story proves this, and now he has a clear understanding of what it means to work with Republicans.

I assume the President has lost all faith in Ryan's inflated abilities to lead.  So it will be interesting to see if the President turns toward building relationships with Democrats from the blue states he carried or with the HFC. 

I guess we're lucky to be living in interesting times. 

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 11:42:40 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline endicom

Gowdy is being talked of as a replacement for Ryan.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

NO wonder during his drafting as Speaker he tried to extract pledges his removal could not be done.

Incompetence was masked, but is now exposed for all the world to witness.

And clearly not a consensus builder.

He just might be the GOP's Chelsea Clinton.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The branches are separate, but definitely not 'co-equal'.  They exist separately and perform checks and balances with each other.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

Gowdy is being talked of as a replacement for Ryan.

Let this be true.

Online libertybele

Perhaps the word "R-E-P-E-A-L" now means something!  This is Trump and Ryan's baby.  Ryan wouldn't let people like Rand help and obviously Trump didn't listen to Cruz at Mar-A-Lago.  Trump really has no one to blame but himself. He really needed to deliver on this and listen to the people.  Most of the GOP ran their campaigns on repeal and that certainly included Ryan!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline endicom

He really needed to deliver on this and listen to the people.

Trump probably sees this as just the opening gambit. He's not the typical doormat Republican and I doubt that he cares of how many POWs (Pundits Oracles Wonks) write him off.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
NO wonder during his drafting as Speaker he tried to extract pledges his removal could not be done.

Incompetence was masked, but is now exposed for all the world to witness.

And clearly not a consensus builder.

He just might be the GOP's Chelsea Clinton.

MY problem with Ryan is that he is a confirmed swamp creature fully committed to preventing ANY draining of his beloved swamp!  It will be EXACTLY the same with tax reform if he remains in charge!

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:24:19 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

MY problem with Ryan is that he is a confirmed swamp creature fully committed to preventing ANY draining of his beloved swamp!  It will be EXACTLY the same with tax reform if he remains in charge!
It's time to throw the cryptocRats out!

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Ryan doesn't seem to be all that much more effective than was cryin' John Boehner before him.

The House could do better.

I'd like to see Dave Brat of Virginia in the job.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
It's time to throw the cryptocRats out!

NO doubt about it!   888high58888

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Ryan doesn't seem to be all that much more effective than was cryin' John Boehner before him.

The House could do better.

I'd like to see Dave Brat of Virginia in the job.

Boner hand picked him for his successor! What else did you expect?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Maybe someone should inform this fat disgusting toad Boyle that Ryan was in there 100% pushing this piece of shit thing along with Donny. Someone who wasn't there pushing was this spectacularly wonderful Jared Kushner and his hot wife Ivana. They were skiing in Aspen.

Seems like that is where I would start the firing Matty. Now go back to your mothers basement and play with yourself.

I guess there's plenty of fault to go around but not sure Paul Ryan should take the first bullet.  If this was Trump's approved bill, he sure can't fault Ryan for trying.

But a sophisticated piece of legislation is not exactly in Trump's wheelhouse, so I am wondering who put this healthcare bill together.  Apparently, it contained enough negative stuff to make people I really like and respect like Mike Lee, Ted Cruz and our Texas Rep Gomez refuse to vote for it.

I wondered all along why Trump didn't draft some Smart People to draw up a bill.  Nothing's gonna please everybody but we need something that at least doesn't make the Smart People throw up.

I would be surprised if Trump supporting ousting Ryan.  He usually respects loyalty and Ryan was loyal as heck on pushing this bill.

As for the Golden couple, surely you don't expect them to do anything involving work.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Well, @Frank Cannon ... I didn't say I expected Ryan to go anywhere.  I simply said I'd be happy to pay for his trip  ^-^

As for the President getting his "shit together" ... I agree with this.  Donald Trump does have a unique ability to rise stronger and taller from setbacks --- his life story proves this, and now he has a clear understanding of what it means to work with Republicans.

I assume the President has lost all faith in Ryan's inflated abilities to lead.  So it will be interesting to see if the President turns toward building relationships with Democrats from the blue states he carried or with the HFC. 

I guess we're lucky to be living in interesting times.

It was kinda disgusting to see you doing the happy dance on Paul Ryan's grave after he gave his all for your vaunted leader.  You need to rein that in a little.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I guess there's plenty of fault to go around but not sure Paul Ryan should take the first bullet.  If this was Trump's approved bill, he sure can't fault Ryan for trying.

But a sophisticated piece of legislation is not exactly in Trump's wheelhouse, so I am wondering who put this healthcare bill together.  Apparently, it contained enough negative stuff to make people I really like and respect like Mike Lee, Ted Cruz and our Texas Rep Gomez refuse to vote for it.

I wondered all along why Trump didn't draft some Smart People to draw up a bill.  Nothing's gonna please everybody but we need something that at least doesn't make the Smart People throw up.

I would be surprised if Trump supporting ousting Ryan.  He usually respects loyalty and Ryan was loyal as heck on pushing this bill.

As for the Golden couple, surely you don't expect them to do anything involving work.

I don't think any of that matters, Emjay.  I think Ryan is already set up to take the fall.

Online Right_in_Virginia

It was kinda disgusting to see you doing the happy dance on Paul Ryan's grave after he gave his all for your vaunted leader.  You need to rein that in a little.

Keep it honest @Emjay --- I didn't do anything of the sort.

You are becoming a regular drama queen.  Disappointing.  **nononono*