Author Topic: US officials: Info suggests Trump associates may have coordinated with Russians  (Read 1413 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
US officials: Info suggests Trump associates may have coordinated with Russians

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/22/politics/us-officials-info-suggests-trump-associates-may-have-coordinated-with-russians/index.html

Washington (CNN)The FBI has information that indicates associates of President Donald Trump communicated with suspected Russian operatives to possibly coordinate the release of information damaging to Hillary Clinton's campaign, US officials told CNN.
This is partly what FBI Director James Comey was referring to when he made a bombshell announcement Monday before Congress that the FBI is investigating the Trump campaign's ties to Russia, according to one source.
The FBI is now reviewing that information, which includes human intelligence, travel, business and phone records and accounts of in-person meetings, according to those U.S. officials. The information is raising the suspicions of FBI counterintelligence investigators that the coordination may have taken place, though officials cautioned that the information was not conclusive and that the investigation is ongoing.
In his statement on Monday Comey said the FBI began looking into possible coordination between Trump campaign associates and suspected Russian operatives because the bureau had gathered "a credible allegation of wrongdoing or reasonable basis to believe an American may be acting as an agent of a foreign power."

snip
-------------------------------------------------------

News here is that we are down to "one source" as opposed to the multiple sources previously cited. 

geronl

A guy who surrounds himself with unregistered foreign agents might have had security problems?

shocking, I say

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Why in the world did Trump allow Comey to stay on? Is Trump retarded? Does he not realize that Comey is still working for Obama, and is out to hurt him any way he can?

I like Trump. But sometimes the things he does just confuse the hell out of me.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 12:17:13 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Why in the world did Trump allow Comey to stay on? Is Trump retarded? Does he not realize that Comey is still working for Obama, and is out to hurt him any way he can?

FBI directors have a unique term over other appointed positions. They are appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate, but they do so for a 10 year term, not a term that ends with the changing of the guard.

This was a big conversation when Comey was thought to be going after Hillary, it was pointed out that even though Obama appointed him, he could not just replace him on a whim. He would have to be impeached.

This would prevent the FBI director from being removed to stop legitimate political investigations.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
snip

This would prevent the FBI director from being removed to stop legitimate political investigations.

Did you mean legitimate criminal investigations of politicians?

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Just heard Adam Schiff interviewed on npr. He claimed that no one on the committee has any idea what Nunes is talking about.

That is 100% contrary what cnn reported yesterday (and picked up by Levin in his second hour.) That report claimed that "members of the committee" told the reporter that Nunes' info related to Trump and his family and was not related to Russia.

And now McCain is throwing in with Schiff and the Dems, again, calling for a special prosecutor.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
No doubt that rule was made before the FBI morphed into a political arm of the Democrats, with a dubious mission actual law-enforcement. They have become more political operatives more than LEOs in the last 8 years.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Yes, exactly.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FBI directors have a unique term over other appointed positions. They are appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate, but they do so for a 10 year term, not a term that ends with the changing of the guard.

This was a big conversation when Comey was thought to be going after Hillary, it was pointed out that even though Obama appointed him, he could not just replace him on a whim. He would have to be impeached.

Bill Clinton fired William Sessions 5 1/2 years into his ten year term.  When the time is right and the political winds shift against Comey , he will be gone.

Just before Bill Clinton was inaugurated as the 42nd President of the United States on January 20, 1993, allegations of ethical improprieties were made against Sessions. A report by outgoing Attorney General William P. Barr presented to the Justice Department that month by the Office of Professional Responsibility included criticisms that he had used an FBI plane to travel to visit his daughter on several occasions, and had a security system installed in his home at government expense.[5] Janet Reno, the 78th Attorney General of the United States, announced that Sessions had exhibited "serious deficiencies in judgment."[6]

Although Sessions denied that he had acted improperly, he was pressured to resign in early July, with some suggesting that President Clinton was giving Sessions the chance to step down in a dignified manner. Sessions refused, saying that he had done nothing wrong, and insisted on staying in office until his successor was confirmed. As a result, President Clinton dismissed Sessions on July 19, 1993. Sessions was five and a half years into a ten-year term as FBI director; however, the holder of this post serves at the pleasure of the President.[7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_S._Sessions

Offline jpsb

The FBI never examined the DNC servers to determine if they were hacked. Instead the private firm Crowdstrike concluded the Russians hacked the servers. The FBI asked to see the servers but the DNC refused them access. Why did the DNC refuse to let the FBI examine its' servers?

The FBI was allowed to look at the RNC servers and concluded that someone tried to hack them but failed.

There is no hard evidence that the DNC servers were hacked to the point that allowed the hackers to steal all the emails on the servers. IMHO the DNC emails were leaked (Seth Rich, murdered shortly after emails were published by wikileaks) not hacked. Wikileaks says the emails did not come from a state actor (Russia) and has put up a 25k reward for info on the murder of Seth Rich. But even if hacked again zero hard evidence indicating the hack was done by Russian government agents.

Democrats wanting to paint Trump as a Russian agent refuse to allow the FBI to look at their "hacked" server but instead hire Crowdstrike to determine the Russians did it. Crowdstrike issues a report supporting Russian hacking which contains no hard evidence of Russian hacking, much of the evidence presented is debunked over time. In short the report bull, but the democrats with  with it anyway.

This entire Trump/Russia story is complete bull.

Offline jpsb

Replacing an FBI director is a big deal and not done without a very compelling reason. However should it become apparent Comey was less then truthful testifying before Congress he will be gone. Things are starting to break fast and IMHO Comey is in trouble. 

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
snip

IMHO the DNC emails were leaked (Seth Rich, murdered shortly after emails were published by wikileaks) not hacked. Wikileaks says the emails did not come from a state actor (Russia) and has put up a 25k reward for info on the murder of Seth Rich. But even if hacked again zero hard evidence indicating the hack was done by Russian government agents.

My twitter feed brought up something yesterday about Seth Rich's family looking for answers. And hasn't Ben "Echo Chamber" Rhodes gone strangely silent since his flurry of comments on Trump's wiretap claims?

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Offline LonestarDream

Since Comey is not cooperating with Congressional investigators, Trump has the basis to fire him.

(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline kevindavis007

Since Comey is not cooperating with Congressional investigators, Trump has the basis to fire him.

Translation: Since Trump is being investigated so now it is OK, to bash the FBI.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The FBI has information that indicates associates of President Donald Trump communicated with suspected Russian operatives to possibly coordinate the release of information damaging to Hillary Clinton's campaign, US officials told CNN.

This is partly what FBI Director James Comey was referring to when he made a bombshell announcement Monday before Congress that the FBI is investigating the Trump campaign's ties to Russia, according to one source.

The FBI is now reviewing that information, which includes human intelligence, travel, business and phone records and accounts of in-person meetings, according to those U.S. officials. The information is raising the suspicions of FBI counterintelligence investigators that the coordination may have taken place, though officials cautioned that the information was not conclusive and that the investigation is ongoing.

How stupid do they think we are? This is even worthy of calling it an air sandwich. It's just words strung together in clever ways to sound legit and mysterious.

Even if we were to take these 'officials' at their word, they are leaking details of an ongoing investigation, and CNN is running with it, thin and suspect as it may be.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don't know.  I do know that if you are merely looking to reinforce your preconceived ideas as to what happened and who is to blame, there is someone saying something that reinforces those ideas.  Regardless of which side you're on and who you like or dislike.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
I don't know.  I do know that if you are merely looking to reinforce your preconceived ideas as to what happened and who is to blame, there is someone saying something that reinforces those ideas.  Regardless of which side you're on and who you like or dislike.

Here is an indisputable fact: Someone has committed a felony in sharing classified intel with unauthorized people.

Levin took a call last night and a man who spoke with great confidence stated that every single viewing, sharing and copying of this material is logged and traceable.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Here is an indisputable fact: Someone has committed a felony in sharing classified intel with unauthorized people.

Levin took a call last night and a man who spoke with great confidence stated that every single viewing, sharing and copying of this material is logged and traceable.
I hope so. This whole situation is nuts.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Translation: Since Trump is being investigated so now it is OK, to bash the FBI.

@kevindavis

Its been ok to bash the FBI since they declined to prosecute Hillary.

Or we could go back to Ruby Ridge and Waco where they murdered innocent people.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
And yet no one gave two shiites whenObama was caught on open mic stating to Medvedev that he will have "more flexibility" to deal with scrapping US missile defense after the 2012 election.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline LonestarDream

it *should* be traceable .  It is *supposed* to be traceable.

Offline LonestarDream

And yet no one gave two shiites whenObama was caught on open mic stating to Medvedev that he will have "more flexibility" to deal with scrapping US missile defense after the 2012 election.

Lots of members seem to  be pining for the good old days of Obama or the good would have days of Hillary!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Lots of members seem to  be pining for the good old days of Obama or the good would have days of Hillary!

Maybe you didn't read that comment correctly?

Offline LonestarDream

Maybe you didn't read that comment correctly?
Thought I did.  INVAR pointing out how bad we really had it under Obama